Ways to Experience Perseus Statue
More Info
from $57.26
More Info
1,772 results
All reviews benvenuto cellini severed head medusa's head michelangelo's david bronze loggia snakes sword masterpiece victory rape medici century renaissance
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019

If you go to the Piazza della Signoria you can't miss this statue. Lot's of people gather around, but I don't mind. If I want a picture of it without other people in it, I'll just get a picture from a book.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019

This is one of those attractions on TA that has me scratching my head. I can't think of a good reason why this statue is called out separately from all the others in the Loggia or the piazza. It certainly is a noteworthy statue but I don't think you'd visit the Loggia or the piazza just to see this statue. It's one of many noteworthy statues in the area and if it was by itself elsewhere in the city I'm not sure many would go very far out of their way to visit.

Thanks for reading. I’ll appreciate a thumbs up below if you’ve found this helpful.

Also, you may now follow me on TripAdvisor. If you’re in the app, click on my name. A box opens with “Follow” just under my screen name. To follow me outside the app your cursor has to be over my profile photo, then a box appears with a summary of my reviews – click on my screen name in blue at the top and another page opens with the “Follow me” box near the top right. To help you decide if following me is worth the trouble, here’s what I have planned for 2019: finishing my reviews of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro; continue reviewing restaurants in the KC metro; reviewing the Northern Lights cruise to Norway in January; starting my reviews of our stay Tuscany for a week, followed by several days in each of Bellagio and Milan in May; traveling to Australia in September, with a possible trip extension to Bali, Borneo, Brunei and Singapore; and going to Maui for a week in late November.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019

No visit to Florence is complete with at least seeing and enjoying the Piazza della Signoria where you can not miss the large collection of statues in front of the castle and next to the Uffizi (offices now an art museum). We enjoy spending a little time here each day relaxing, when the crowd thins out, sitting on the benches in the loggia. You are not supposed to eat, but usually, the guards will overlook a piece of fruit or a carefully handled pastry. Water is always ok. Lots of restaurants if you want tourist food too Wonderful place to observe the Pizza Signoria!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019

Visited on a recent cruise. Had 2 hours but this was nowhere near enough to do it justice. Could not get into any museum as the queue was 2 hours + even with booked tickets. The statues are amazing, Perseus was a real crowd puller with the head of medusa in his hands. Best views of any of the statues is close up as you get a real sense of the work involved, especially when you think how long ago it was made. Be aware the streets around this square are cobbled and very uneven so a hazard for wheelchairs and those with walking difficulties.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 18, 2019

We love mythology, so the statue of Perseus the head of Medusa was a must see. We did a lot of walking that day but it was worth it.

Date of experience: June 2019