“Amazing rooms, staff, and food”

Firenze Number Nine Wellness Hotel
Ranked #17 of 421 Hotels in Florence
“Amazing rooms, staff, and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Location was great (right around from Duomo), staff was AMAZING (so friendly, great recommendations!), and the room was really cool.

Would go again in a heartbeat.

Spa was very nice touch, too. Enjoy!

Room Tip: We splurged for the Executive Room. Very nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

From the frendliness and knowledge of the staff to the amenities in the perfectly-appointed rooms to the central location and the delicious breakfast, every aspect of this hotel is a joy. so much so, that i extended my trip. Little touches like a sumptuous buffet breakfast, free lunchtime spread and aperitivo pre-dinner, free wifi, phone charging stations, free soft drinks on arrival in the mini-bar and an attached health centre (perfect for rainy days) make this an absolute delight to stay at. As a picky customer, I was completely won over.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My fourth trip to Florence, staying at different high rated hotels. This new boutique hotel is by far the best. Only 2 blocks from the Baptistry yet very quiet rooms. The BEST beds and softest linen, plushest towels I have found in Europe, better than most 5 star hotels in the US. Excellent staff all fluent in English. Great breakfast room, public areas with water, wine and snacks. We arrived tired and very soundproof rooms let us sleep in. Connected to a full service spa. Not cheap but a good value for a fine hotel.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite on third floor and it was very large and quite.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Was there in October 2012 and stayed there for about 5 days. Service was top notch, and the hotel, albeit small, more than made up for it with its gorgeous artwork and finishings.

I loved our room, had high ceilings and was beautifully decorated. Only drawback was that we could hear the streets (but it was an old building we understand). The TV wasn't working too well when we were there as the hotel was really new, so we ended up watching Italian shows. Guess that completed our Italian experience. Hope its fixed by now.

Overall a great experience and I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. So wonderfully furnished with a mix of super modern and classic, upgraded junior suite room that was outstanding, classy and comfortable bathroom, exquisite gourmet breakfast, and very helpful staff. Next time I go to Firenze this hotel will for sure be my base. The location simply could not be better, right behind the Duomo, and just steps from all the sights of Firenze.

Perfect location for all of Florence's sights: Accademia, Il Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, etc etc

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The other reviews are pretty accurate. I really LOVED the location, perfect, central to everything as everything in Florence is pretty close. Unlike other cities when they tell you a 5-10 min walk, it really is. I only took a taxi to the airport-walked everywhere else.
Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly & helpful. Room was large and I liked the layout, the only qualms I have in the actual room are the weird way the lights are setup. Its difficult to get the light you want on with the others off-but after a lot of tries, we got it. The AC is also not able to be controlled in room, you can have the front desk set it to whatever you want though, at night when I wanted it cooled to 18c, it never seemed to get that cool, but not a huge issue. The door leading to stairs outside seemed a little strange as anyone could break the glass if they wanted to, but we kept the curtains closed and had no issues. Maid service came in daily & made our bed & tidied up. Breakfast was included in my rate, buffet style, eggs, toasts, cheeses etc. Nothing extraordinary. They always had drinks & snacks in the lobby which was nice. Complimentary mini bar with cold drinks (non-alcohol) was a great touch, I always need water. Front desk/concierge was exceptionally helpful with dinner recommendations and reservations. All in all, we LOVED Firenze and would certainly stay here again. Very reasonably priced.

npstravels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the number nine for one night because we extended our time in Florence and our original hotel was fully booked. The location is convenient to many of Florence's sights, but it is a little bit busy and congested for my personal taste. The reception staff is excellent and gave a great reccomendation for lunch nearby. As for the room, I think we were given the same room as the previous reviewer---what the hotel called a "penthouse" with a view of the Duomo. While comfortable, the room was kind of odd. There is an entryway with steps up to the bedroom area. Then there are steps leading down a narrow hall to a bathroom. I'm pretty sure my husband nearly killed himself on the steps in the middle of the night! I will say that the bed was very comfortable though.

Breakfast was very nice but with the usual mix offered in most European hotels. The best part of the hotel for us was the gym next door. Use of the gym is included in the price of the room and it was as close to a "real" gym as I have come across in Italy. For this reason alone, I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013