“Brunello wine tour great, Cinque Terre tour dreadful”

My Tour Tuscany Experts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Tomas, our guide on the Brunello wine tour, was charming and informative and had a good sense of humour. His driving was a touch crazy but we ended up feeling we knew him a little and wanted him to have a great future. The German-born self-confessed wine nerd at Brunello was hugely informative and the wine tasting was well done (and of course delicious). The ancient proprietor (80-odd years old?)at the second winery was a ladies' man and a bit of an old boy, and his wines were lovely, but we didn't get anywhere near as much info.

The day at Cinque Terre was frenetic and utterly inadequate. Windy weather prevented the boat leg from happening, and trains were late, which was not the tour operators' fault but were factors that added to the general feeling of frustration and tiredness. Don't go if you can't walk very well as you will just end up sitting around at bars and train stations while the fit people race around the gorgeous five villages. Badly planned - trying to take in far too much in a short time.

1  Thank kaluvesu
ClaudiaCosentino, social media team at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

hello,
thank you for the reviews.
I am glad to know that you liked the Brunello tour.
I am instead sorry for the words about the Cinque Terre tour. I know the time is a bit short to see everything properly but it's a one day tour, sometimes you have to sacrifice the time in the single towns in order to see as much as possible. Summer is clearly the time of the year when the most of the people are on holiday, so a big crowd is to be expected. The structure of Cinque Terre clearly doesn't help to make the trip easy.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

We booked in advance places and visit+diner in Siena for the palio.
Firstable, we had the planing and the meeting point in the hotel which is not convenient just when we arrive for the check in,
Secondable, impossible to join the group at 2pm in Siena, with all the people and tour at the same area, we tried to call the phone of the guide and he never answer...we visit alone Siena...
At the meeting point after the palio for the diner, 7 pm, nobody at the meeting point. We wait 2 hours for nothing cause a changement of meeting was said at 2pm at the first point (but we wasnt there and nobody was teeling us....). THIS DAY WAS A NIGTHMARE, NO PROFESSIONNEL TOUR AND NO APOLOGIZE FROM THEM DURING A LONG TIME EVEN WHEN I CONTACT THEM BY MAIL.....AND FOR THE PAYMENT OF 1000 EUROS FOR 2 PEOPLE, THEY JUST WANT US TO REFUND 140 EUROS.....A JOKE.......MAYBE THEY WANT TO HAVE STILL MONEY BENEFITS FROM MY NIGTHMARE......
I advice everybody, whatever they say, to never book with this tour....the bigger scam EVER

2  Thank maxime7500175

Dear Madam,
I'm sorry to read this review but I would like to make some points clear:
1. You did not take part to the guided tour of the city because you did not show up since you fell asleep, so please, don't write false accusations.
2. Our customer service replied to you after two days from the day you sent the mail, which was a saturday so the offices were closed.
3. We tried our best to apologise in a lot of ways for the miscommunication realted to the dinner. We assumed our responsabilities and we offerd you a total refund for the dinner.We offered you even the refund for the guided visit of the morning that you skipped because you did not wake up.
4. The tickets of the Palio are not refundable and this should not be a problem for you since you went there and you did not miss a second of the show.

Anyway, today you will get the refund of 140,00 Euro, which is fair.

Regards
Claudia Cosentino

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Was a little disappointed in this tour. Visited Pisa - which was great but just left there for an hour with no guide or explanation. Then went to Vinci - visited a museum of Leonardo de Vinci - but were just replicas of his inventions. All the signs were written in Italian and our guide didn't tell us that there were english translation cards available. Lunch - a highlight - was at a winery high in the mountains - in a gorgeous setting. Wine tasting there as well. Off to San Gimignano - medieval walled city - but was way too crowded (maybe because it was August) and way too commercialized. Siena was last stop - very nice place -was crowded there as well - and our guide who was supposed to give us a tour of the Duomo lost us in the crowd - was disappointing. Also, little consideration of bathroom breaks, food breaks etc. Was a long day. Too many sites in one day.

Hello,
first of all thank you for joing one of our tour.
I am sorry to read that you did not like the tour that much.
In order to see all the cities in a day, we have to sacrifice soem of the time spent in each place and I knoe that sometimes it can be annoying if one is willing to explore. But, as I said, if you choose a tour that brings you to many places, the time will be reduced.
I am instead really sorry that the guide did not do the good job that we require. Thank you for pointing it out.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Today my fiancé and I did the cooking lesson. We were met by our chef Antonio who took us to the local market do some wine, balsamic vinegar, and truffle oil tasting, and to get the produce.
We then went walked to the kitchen where we all participated in preparing our lunch. Today we did Bruschetta, patte, traditional ragu, and tiramisu. The ragu was amazing!! And the tiramisu is the best we've ever had! Antonio was knowledgeable, funny, and a great teacher. Learning how to make fresh pasta was something we both really valued. Would highly recommend if you enjoy cooking and want to learn the Tuscan way.

1  Thank Andrew M

Hello Andrew,
Thank you for the review!
I am glad to know that you had a good time and prepared some good food.
I hope you will prepare them again once you are back home!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

What a wonderful tour. The tour guide Francesco was especially good. The wine tasting was pure dead brilliant. Best bit was the sweets at the end and also the Tuscan scenery and beautiful towns.

Thank you so muh for the kind words!
I am glad you enjoyed our tour and the wine and food tastings.
I hope you will choose us again in the future if you come back to Tuscany.