“Poggio Amorelli Winery” 4 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Poggio Amorelli Winery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I took a half-day tour of the Chianti region, which took us to Monteriggioni Fortress, Castellina and Poggio Amorelli Winery. What a fabulous experience. We travelled in an air-conditioned coach bus. The tour guide spoke English, French and Spanish very well. The owner of the winery was very welcoming. He's been featured in magazines, so it was great to have visited his winery. I read reviews from foreigners who purchased cases of wine and/or olive oil to be shipped abroad. They were apparently overcharged. That's too bad, so I'm glad I didn't do that. I would have been disappointed and left with an ugly taste in my mouth, pun intended. Right now, all I have is very fond memories of that place, so my suggestion is to just buy a bottle (or two) to take with you in your suitcase. Anyway, everything about this tour via My Tour was exceptional. The next time I'm in Italy, I will once again book my excursions through them.

2 Thank Dallende
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Madam, thank you very much for leaving a review on our TripAdvisor page.

We are grateful that you spent some nice words for us and we would be very pleased to meet you once again.
To all our customers who have already traveled with us we offer a 10% discount on tours by bus or minivan!

Best wishes from Tuscany, we wish you a good summer.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tuscany in a Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This tour is a great way to experience this beautiful area in Italy. Fabio was very knowledgeable and friendly. Would have liked a little more time in Pisa, however we had a lot packed into the day. San Gimignano is lovely, but really liked Siena. Our local guide was very informative and friendly. We found the story regarding the Palio di Siena horse race particularly interesting as we had read about it but to actually be there was great. Unfortunately it was very wet which made things a little uncomfortable. Lunch at the winery was good although the wine tasting was a bit much for me. There were so many wines tasted and the amount was very generous!! Definitely worth the money. Lynne and Wayne.

Visited June 2013
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Lynne and Wayne, we want to thank you for writing this review.
We believe that your words are genuine and we are happy that you had a nice time with us and that you enjoyed our land.

Thanks for wanting to share your experience with all of us, we hope to meet you once again.
Durham, North Carolina
“Chianti bus tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great time with our eccellent guide, Fred. Great sites and better wine. Went with a group of about 15, which was a great size for this very educational and interesting tour.

Visited June 2013
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, for wanting to spend your time writing a review that rewards us for our daily work.
Best wishes, hope to see you again!
Bolton, United Kingdom
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Enjoyable and unique tour of cinque terre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We set off in a really bashed up bus. However the interior of the bus was clean and tidy and the guide brought a very relaxed and enjoyable attitude to the tour. It rained almost all day and the sun didn't come out til late afternoon. It was thought the bad weather would put a stop to the boat part of the journey, however eventually the weather cleared and the boat journey took place. First of all, we didn't visit five places but visited four places, there really isn't enough time to visit all five places in one day. As it was, there was only limited time in each place just visiting four of the villages. The villages are very unique, but far from suitable for anyone with a disability, the villages are built into seaside cliffs and very steep streets and steps all over the place. You will quite literally not see anything like it anywhere else, each village is very unique. We also liked the fact that we went on train journies to get in between the villages, that in itself was a unique experience, even a trip on a double decker train was very unique. The train stations and train tracks go under the cliffs. The views are stunning in each village, on one side there is sea and the other side is the coastal villages. We had dinner provided in a very decent seafront restaurant in one of the seaside villages. The food was really enjoyable and the provided plenty of drinks, seafood, pasta and cheese etc. It wasn't like a proper meal but it was several courses and it was perfect for a large group with limited amount of time to eat and drink. The tour guide was brilliant making sure he explained the history of the places, the nature of the places and where to meet up.

2 Thank Simon Y
Dear customer we thank you for your review.
You wrote a very detailed summary of your trip that gave an idea of ​​the one-day tour. We are delighted that you enjoyed the trip, the 5 Terre is a great area as you said, a unique place in the world!

We think that your review is truthful and authentic and thank you for wanting to share with us and with all the readers your experience!
Melbourne, Australia
“Pleasant day in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Family of four (including 2 teenagers) thoroughly enjoyed our day tour of San Gimignano, SIena and Chianti. Free pick up from our accommodation to the bus stop, on time and easy. Our tour guide Fabio was friendly and very informative. Lots of local knowledge and interesting facts. The day ran very smoothly, a very comfortable air conditioned bus (which was great as it was a very hot day). There was a good balance of free time and guided tours in the medieval towns. Especially enjoyed the wine tasting and lunch, a great opportunity to meet the others on the tour. Definitely worth the 55 euro and even the children didn't find it boring!! Would recommend this tour as it is a great way to get a taste of a beautiful part of Italy.

Visited June 2013
Dear Victoria we would like to thank you and your family for spending a day in one of our tours, and thanks for the review you wrote.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the tour, we remind you that our agency My Tour is also involved in trips that depart from Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca and Montecatini, so you can contact us for any other trip.

Best wishes to the whole family and see you soon!