“Excellent tour on Tuscany”

My Tour Tuscany Experts
Full Day Tuscan Countryside Tour from Florence
Ranked #51 of 361 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: MyTour is a tour operator that leads you to discover the most authentic Tuscany and the best unforgettable places in Italy. It is located in the heart of the Chianti hills, between ancient villages and medieval fortresses, wide lands of vineyards and old towns. It is in this context that every day MyTour takes you with passion to discover the wonders of Tuscany and the most beautiful cities of Italy. Tastings, cooking classes, bike tours, guided tours,vintage cars and motorcycles itineraries. MyTour guides you through unique and unforgettable experiences tailored for you 365 days a year.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can recommend everyone the "My tour" services who wants to discover the beauty and the special atmosphere of Tuscany. We made one day tour to San Gimignano and Siena & chianti. The coach was comfortable, the organisation was good and punctual. Our guide, Martina was kind, cheerful and helpful. But the bigest surprice was Monteriggioni theese fantastic fortress on the top of the hill! I suggest if you want to look around Floerence don't forget this company because it has a lot of possibilities with reasonable prices.

3  Thank draratogabriella
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Mrs Gabriella, thank you for the review and for the detailed description of the tour. Your enthusiasm repays our work, we hope to see you again in Tuscany to make a new tour with our agency My Tour!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I and my wife took the tour of catles and wine tasting tour of chianti region. We must admit this was one of the finest guided tours in Italy. Our guide Elio Martino was wonderful and his knowledge of the region and good sense of humour made made this tour very lively. We visited 2 wonderful wineries. I was also surprised to see some interesting non wine products like balamiq vinegar and sun dried tomatoes etc. Thanks to this tour i have better understanding of different wines, or atleast appreciate a good wine.

Thank you my tours and special thanks to Elio Martino. Grazie !!

Ameet and Shailaja

2  Thank amyth1980
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Ameet and Shailaja, thank you very much for leaving a comment on our page, we are grateful and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Not everyone likes too much history when on holiday, but when it is delivered in the way that Elio Martino delivers it, then we all ended up loving the history, the wine and even loving Elio! He was such a delightful Guide, making everyone feel at ease and telling them that he would even change the times and routes if any of us felt they would prefer to stay longer in one place or shorter in another! When he felt we were too quiet in the mini van (8 people maximum), he would sing a little to cheer us up and he spoke in both Italian and English as that was the 2 languages spoken by the travellers that day. The winery we went to was superb - the wines we tasted (all 8 of them!) were explained in detail whilst having salad, bread and cheese to accompany them. We also got to taste delicious oil and balsamic vinegar. All of these we had the choice of purchasing, either there and then or we our purchases, should we chose to purchase, could be shipped. However, at no stage did we feel obliged to buy anything. There were at least two other small tourse in another room and they finished before us. They came out in good cheer, saying how wonderful their experience had been too. We visited 2 small villages before ending up in San Gimignano, but on returning to Siena, Elio dropped us all to our various hotels, saying that as it was raining he didn't want us to get any wetter than we already were. We were sorry to say goodbye. I can honestly say that he was the best Guide I have ever come across and made this trip a very happy experience. However, in case anyone thinks he is just a friendly funny guy - he knows his history of beautiful Tuscany and he is a brilliant driver too! GO ELIO and thank you.

2  Thank Daphne G

Dear Daphne thank you from all of us, especially by Mr Elio! Your kindness repay us for all the work done, we will remember you and hope to meet you again!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent half day tour. Our tour guide Elio was quite knowledgable of the town and winery visited. I would suggest this company's tours to anyone.

3  Thank Michael B
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Michael, we are very gratefull and thank you very much for your good review. We will wait for you for a new MyTour experience!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am surprised by the positive reviews here. Certainly the full day tour we did of Sienna and Chianti was very ordinary.

The tour guide was OK, and certainly very pleasant, but a so-called English tour was in fact both English and Spenish, halving the English commentary commentary instantly.

We had to wait over 30 minutes in the rain, sheltering under a railway awaking, before the tour even departed. And then there was an ungodly rush for the best seats on the bus; hardly relaxing or pleasant.

This tour was a large, coach tour. It only cost 55E so it was hardly a king's ransom, but I would much have preferred to have paid more for something that was not so mass produced. The coach was parked long distances away, requiring walking in heavy rain for more than a km sometimes.

I will not use this company again and cancelled another booking I had with them, opting for another company. My vacation time is too precious to waste it on a tour like this.

6  Thank Citikitty
MyTourTuscany, Responsabile reception at My Tour Tuscany Experts, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear customer, we are very sorry to read your review and that our service was not up to your expectations.

Definitely not easy to manage a group tour where maybe all people have to wait a delay or a need for a single person, the whole thing was clearly aggravated by the rain that does not help a journey that takes place mainly outdoors.

About the tour guide, he has the duty to speak both English and Spanish as our customers are of many nationalities.

We are really Sorry to read your opinion also because we try to do our best so that all our customers can enjoy a pleasant trip.

We hope that you would give us confidence once again and we remain at your disposal for further information.