“Great food and helpful wait staff”

Osteria del Proconsolo
Reserve with
Osteria del Proconsolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,011 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: L'osteria del ProconsolO nasce negli anni 70, situata a due passi dal Duomo e dalla Piazza della Signoria, presenta un ambiente accogliente e ricco di attenzioni, da personale qualificato ed esperto nell arte culinaria. Specializzati nella bistecca alla fiorentina, ogni piatto esprime i sapori tipici toscani.
Reviewed September 23, 2016

We liked this place so much, I did what I never like to do - we ate here two nights in a row.
The first night, we both had Pici Carbonara. The next night, I had Papp. Cinghaile and my wife had the Lasagne. (I'm using the abbreviations on the receipt to prompt my memory). The Carbonara was the best. Maybe the best meal we had in Italy. The Lasagne was very good, but not at all what I have had in America or make at home. I'm still trying to figure out what all was in it but it tasted good. The Papp. Cinghaile was good, but not as good as the carbonara.
We also had bruschetta for an appetizer and it was very good. Fresh tomatoes make all the difference along with good olive oil.
You'll get some limoncello too which was a special treat!
No real outdoor seating, but a couple tables are right by an open door. It can get a little warm and stuffy if you're in the back of the restaurant so try to get a table near the door or under a fan if the weather is hot.
Both waiters we had were helpful and attentive enough. We'd go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,464)

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

It is a perfect place to eat and to dreams tomething recommend all nice tiramisù and nice wine and stake

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Very pretty place, I recommend it! Very pleasant owner nice fiorentina stake and very good food and servis

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Very surprised by such good reviews as the food and service is average and drinks are very expensive.

We looked at the menu before being seated and the food prices looked reasonable. The food was OK but our Greek salad had no olives in and one of our pizzas was very sloppy. Drinks (cocktail and lager) weren't great.

We were expecting our bill to be around 45 euros but it came to 65. A large beer was billed at 11 euros! No wonder we weren't given drinks menus.

We ate out every night in Florence and this was our worst experience. It's not terrible but they're definitely taking advantage of people.

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommend O del P. Good food, good vibe, very friendly and attentive wait staff. Pasta meal was very fresh and tasty. If you are looking for a good restaurant near the Ponte Vecchio, this is THE place .