“Great ride through the Tuscan countryside”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riding with Cosimo

Riding with Cosimo
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.79*
and up
Private Tuscany Cycling Tour from Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: After years of visiting my daughter here, my wife and I moved here. I am offering cycling tours to share the love of the incredible cycling available in the area. Cycling here has turned me into a dedicated road cyclist after years spent mostly mountain biking. The roads available here are so fun to ride with great scenery, excellent surfaces, opportunities to stop for panini or a cafe, simply enjoy life on a bicycle. I take out small groups of 1 to 4 people on cycling tours from Florence. I customize every tour for the desires and fitness level of the clients. Come to Florence and we can explore the Chianti wine country, the wild area of the Mugello, or the birth place of Leonardo da Vinci, among other options. We can do a single day or many days in a row without repeating a ride. Let's ride!
Dalton, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great ride through the Tuscan countryside”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I contacted Mark for a Bike Tour of Tuscany while we were on our honeymoon. Neither of us are very avid bikers and we knew the terrain would be hilly and challenging for us, but Mark designed a route for us that was fairly level with only a few climbs and allowed us to see the countryside in a way we never would have been able to on our own.

Mark is an excellent guide, very personable, and has good knowledge of Florence and Tuscany region. In spite of the cold, wet conditions we experienced on the day of our ride, this was a highlight of our trip and is an experience we will remember for the rest of our lives. Thanks Cosimo for a great experience!

Visited March 2013

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“cycling Tuscany”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

For those of you who've shelled out big dollars for the Backroads or Butterfield trips in the past, I would like to submit a worthy, much less expensive approach to riding in Tuscany. Hire "Cosimo," Mark Collins, to guide you through the hills above Florence. Each day will bring great new rides, customized to your riding abilities. We were two couples with four different bike skill sets and each of us found an exhilarating route contouring the hillsides while still getting a fair amount of climbing and descending. Villages, cafes, empty backroads, patient drivers and stunning views, no matter which route we took. Italian bike culture at its best. Note; you will be riding out of, and in to Florence each day. For me, this was an unexpected thrill. It's tight, but the citizens, scooters and drivers of Florence are used to sharing the streets. It was no problema. Pedaling slowly past the Duomo was so cool!
use your savings from booking with Cosimo instead of Backroads for some awesome restaurants and wine bars. Mark and his family will guide you to some of the best spots in Florence. Buona Fortuna.

Visited September 2012
Gunnison, Colorado
“Riding with Cosimo”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I had a wonderful couple days with him rising road bikes. The rides were tailored to my needs.

He is very knowledgeable oncycling in and around Florence and Tuscany. He knows where to rent bikes, where to stay, even the best gelato in Florencei will call him again on my next Tuscan holiday.

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Riding the Tuscan countryside”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On a recent trip to Florence in May, our family had a great cycling experience with Mark. We wanted to experience the Tuscan countryside on bikes, but did not want to go on a standard tour with a large group. Mark was perfect for us. He planned a day trip for us that included fantastic scenery, stops in country villages and an unforgettable lunch at an ancient castle. Mark took the time to find out exactly what we wanted from our excursion, such as the distance, sights and difficulty. He made sure we had the right kind of bikes and took care of the rentals. He planned the route with our riding skill level and physical condition in mind. He took us to some unique places in the country and also guided us through the city safely and easily. Mark was a great guide and our cycling ride through the hills was one of our favorite memories of the trip.

Visited May 2012
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tuscan Bike Riding”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We recently spent a few days riding with Cosimo (Mark Collins) as our guide. Each morning he would pick us up at our residencia in Florence and lead us on another custom-made adventure. The rides were tailored to the skills and abilities of all the riders - we were a group of four, two couples who are old friends. Cosimo knew when to ride, knew when to rest and showed on-the-spot flexibility to alter the ride when required. He knows the backroads as intimately as possible and took us to amazing places we would never find on our own. I admit to a certain anxiety about riding through Florence and the back Italian roads but it was for naught. There seems to be a multi-use sensibility to the roads (in town and out) shared by cyclists, cars, scooters, pedestrians and the odd livestock and even wild deer. One of the highlights of the riding was our last day's descent into Florence ending with a thrilling dash through the ancient city streets and ending back at the residencia with endorphin pumping, s$/t-eating grins. If your looking for a Tuscan adventure this is the one.

Visited September 2012