“A great day in the Tuscan countryside.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Pisa and Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence by Train
Ranked #85 of 324 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany on a Budget is a student company based in Florence and offers a series of activities at unbeatable prices ranging from € 6 to € 54 such as city bike tours, pubcrawl, gastronomic tours and wine tasting tours to the Chianti region and to the local villages in Tuscany.The tour operator was created by an expert tour guide 5 years ago with the philosophy to offer tours for a lifetime experience to 18-35’s willing to learn, taste and see what the territory has to offer in a fun environment together with her young, lively and knowledgeable team.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great day in the Tuscan countryside.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

When I searched for a trip to vineyards in Tuscany I found lots of overpriced trips so was very happy to stumble on Tuscany on a Budget website. I was a bit wary first to book a budget tour but there was really no need, it really exceeded my expectations. We visited 2 beautiful vineyards, each very different and tasted some of the best wines I have ever tried. You could buy wine there (and if I wasn't restricted by my hand luggage allowance I would have definitely bought some) but you certainly don't feel obliged, as with anything Italians are just passionate to show you their delicious products such as wine, olive oil, balsamic vinegar. The lunch we had at the second vineyard was very tasty, and they were even very happy to accomodate a celiac in our group. Views around the vineyard are stunning, with San Gimignano in the distance. After our lunch we had about 1h30min free time in the medieval picturesque town of San Gimignano, which is just enough as the town is quite small and easy to walk around. Our guide Daniele was fantastic and we got to meet very nice like minded travelers. If you want to read more about our trip, you can visit our blog www.travelshutters.com.

If you want to spend a day in the Tuscan countryside and get out of the city, this is the perfect trip.

Visited September 2012

western australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had such a good day out doing this wine tour. Irene was absolutely lovely and a great guide. The first tasting was so amazing - the oils were to-die-for, and each tasting of wine was very, very generous in size! The wines were really delicious.
The wines at the second winery were equally good. The lunch was tasty, though I was under the impression it would be in a restaurant whereas it was just a basic homemade pasta lunch. However, it was tasty and the atmosphere and view were superb.
The stop in the village in the afternoon was great, although I was probably a bit too tipsy to appreciate it!!!
Definitely a worthwhile tour and great value for money!

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Grape Escape Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had an amazing day on this wine tour- one of the best days of my trip! Our guide Irene was really lovely, funny and knowledgable. She gave us interesting information without overloading us. It was such a lovely day getting to try lots of different wines, oils and the most amazing balsamic vinegar I have ever tried. Lunch overlooking a valley at the second winery was lovely- the view was just spectacular. We were allowed time to look around the vineyard and take photos. The staff at both wineries were lovely and happy to help. Seen S. Gimignano was quite fun and really does have the best gelato in the world. The shop deserves its long lines and awards. The group on the tour (mostly Australians because where there is drinking you will find us) were also really nice. It is a great way to see the Chianti region without having to organise it yourself (which can be stressful as a backpacker with no car/doesn't know the region) and meet some fellow travelers in your age group. I recommend this tour!

Visited August 2012
South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chianti Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I loved this company so much that when I went back to Florence the second time I did the wine tour AGAIN!! I had a blast both times and even though it was the same places each trip was different and funny! A very relaxing way to spend a day in beautiful Tuscany!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank rddowni
Athens, Greece
4 attraction reviews
“Chianti Wine tour - the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a brilliant tour! Just a short drive from Florence to Chianti I had some of the best wines of my life and certainly one of the best wine tours I've ever been on. The wineries you visit are stunning and run by gorgeous locals, the food is delicious and tour guide Daniele was relaxed, knowledgeable and entertaining.
Great opportunity to also visit San Gimignano and taste the best gelato in the world. Fab day out!

Visited September 2012