“Handmade shoes from Florence!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goccia Shoes

Goccia Shoes
Ranked #4 of 300 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Goccia Shoes comes from an idea of Nino and his beautiful wife Michela. They are specialized in all real Italian production of fashion shoes and handbags for women and man, including custom handmade shoes, boots and bags. While Michela is the creative soul of the business and follows all the stages of production with passion and interest in the always evolving styles of fashion, Nino handles the customers with great care and precision, following up on orders which will be shipped overseas and helping in the customization of each item.
Chicago, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Handmade shoes from Florence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

After we purchase my leather bag from Sam, he sent us to Nino at Goccia so my husband could buy some shoes for a wedding we were attending later that afternoon. Nino and Petra were great, explaining the construction of the shoes and the family history of the business. My husband ended up purchasing 2 pairs of shoes and I bought a pair of high heeled strappy sandals (for the wedding) and a pair of suede goat skin boots (gorgeous). We both wore our new shoes to the wedding and found them extremely comfortable--no "break-in period" needed! What a fun experience! These people are justifiably proud of their products and really want you to be happy with your purchase, so there is no pressure(--other than that the shoes are really, really nice and you want to buy them all!).

Visited August 2013
2 Thank my-place-in-the-sun

• Hebrew first
Montreal, Canada
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nino and Petro were simply amazing. They took great care of me and my mom. We tried on almost everything in the store, and they were happy to bring us new sizes in everything. When it came time to buy, they weren't pushy at all. They explained the differences in quality, price, and craftsmanship of each bag or pair of shoes, and made sure we were happy. At the end, Nino walked us over to NOI, where we bought beautiful leather jackets as well. I highly recommend stopping in at Goccia when you're in Florence!

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Stunning shoes....and boots....and bags....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I bought a wonderful pair of black leather boots, with friendly help from Petra. This shop has good quality leather goods at reasonable prices and very honest assistance from staff. I look forward to mail ordering handmade boots this winter. Thanks Petra.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Gotta go to Gocchia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our experience of Gocchia was brilliant. Nino and Petra couldn't do enough to help, gave their honest opinions about what suited us best, and certainly never pressured us to buy. Their footwear is hand crafted, using superb quality materials, and is amazingly comfortable. It was difficult to leave without buying half of the shop, as despite the fact that the shoes were handmade, the prices were comparable with the factory-produced shoes we buy in Australia that are not Italian-made. Their bags are to die for, and they also have a leatherwear shop close by that we did not have time to visit.
I made the mistake of leaving my beautiful new boots with our hotel for safekeeping while we travelled out of Florence, and when I returned they were gone. When i emailed Gocchia and let them know what had happened, Petra and Nino very kindly agreed to make me another pair of beautiful boots for the same price, and post them to me at home. What more could you ask for?
NB. If you wish to order things from Gocchia, you need to have visited the shop so that they can record the details of your shoe size etc.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Julia S
San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Love my sandals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I found Goccia Shoes online after searching for a place that could make custom shoes and was still close enough to Lucca where I am staying for 2 weeks. So after doing the Slow-Day wine tasting tour out of Florence I made it a point to stop by. Petra was working and she was so helpful. She asked me questions about my style and thoroughly explained the details of each shoe I picked up. I was hesitant to try on any shoes since during my earlier wine tour, I stepped in some soft soil (it rained the night before) and my shoes and feet had remnants of dried mud. Petra was understanding and still wanted me to try on shoes to get a feel of my true size. I also tried on a pair of boots and explained that I always have a hard time finding a pair that fits well; Petra guessed correctly that I was a runner and explained the type and size I needed (foot size and calf size). I left the store more educated about shoes and with an awesome pair of sandals. Petra even walked me over to NOI but because I had to catch the train back to Lucca I didn't have time to stay long. I met Nino and he was great. I returned Goccia Shoes the next day just to order a custom pair of patent ballet flats. I can't wait until those arrive.

Visited June 2013