“My boots!!!!!!”
Review of Goccia Shoes

Goccia Shoes
Ranked #4 of 316 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Goccia Shoes comes from an idea of Nino and his beautiful wife Michela. They are specialized in all real Italian production of fashion shoes and handbags for women and man, including custom handmade shoes, boots and bags. While Michela is the creative soul of the business and follows all the stages of production with passion and interest in the always evolving styles of fashion, Nino handles the customers with great care and precision, following up on orders which will be shipped overseas and helping in the customization of each item.
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My boots!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe that I could finally find these two pairs of gorgeous boots there. I read a lot of reviews and also did a lot of research about the Italian made shoes and finally I put goccia on the list, first stop in florence. It is a small shop and am not actually too overwhelmed by the varieties, but I know it takes time...so I started trying shoes, boots, and they are so beautiful. They have the boots which I am looking for, good quality, modern design, and fit calf length, very often the design is not that fashionable and also the calf tends to be too wide for me.(Asian, 5"4) quite desperately, I put on a pair of brown brushed over the knee boots of size 40 (they r running out of size, I come in the spring time) the boots fit loose!!!! Normally I wear 38!!!! That was no doubt that I should put them on the cashier...then I spotted another pair of black boots with two different fabric and the two buckles, exactly the one they tailor made in FB, it was size 37 and they were a bit tight but Petra(the sales) said that was a catch becos it was made with leather outside and also inside, I know that makes a difference becos the boots I have at home are peeling off inside. Petra has abundant knowledge about shoes and brands, she pointed out the difference fabric use and purpose in different shoes, also how they were made. She mentioned that if the shoes are made of leather only, they are stretchable so if its a bit tight its fine. Also the heels are made of a mixture of leather and wood !!!! I wanted to look for sth for my mom but their shoes run out quickly, there is am expression I like : we sell them like as quick as bread!!! Haha...
Also bumped into the owner, nino, a great man with humor, he was very kind to show us different bags they custom made for other customers, some even with matching shoes.
Well...of course, those pairs of shoes come with a price, but I thought, I was never happy with those boots I bought and why shouldn't I pay more for sth which can last longer, and after all, comparing with those brands I see at lane Crawford they are nth...I love my boots!!!!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LuciferxJoy

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So helpful! Will love to come back here again”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the first leather goods store I visited here in Florence and I am very happy it was. Right away Petra helped me and my friend when we were looking at the gorgeous flats they have. We were both interested in practically all of the store. Petra was helpful and explained the shoes. She was also patient with us despite the fact that we were indecisive college students. If I ever come back to Florence, I will definitely come here to check out the new collection! But even if I don't, I am still ecstatic with the first ever pair of flats I have ever bought -- let alone Italian leather flats.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Arielyuri
Calgary, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You'll learn something, too!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

While in Florence, my wife was looking to buy a pair of Italian leather boots. Not the pseudo Italian stuff we can get at home, but the real deal. Paying a billion euros to get the fancy designer label wasn't what we were looking for either. High quality construction, extremely comfortable fit, beautiful look was the goal, with or without the label.

After reading some reviews here, we went searching for Goccia, and found it, not far from our hotel. From the street, the store isn't big or fancy, but in we went, and we're very glad we did.

Within seconds, we were made to feel extremely welcome. And within minutes, we felt like long lost friends of the family. No pushiness, but my wife was encouraged to try on (I think) every boot in the store to see what fit and looked best for her, and the difference in feel at various price point levels. While we were there, we were joined by Nino, one of the owners. I was impressed with the level of knowledge shown by both Nino and his assistant, and learned a lot about how the different boots at different qualities are designed, and how they are made. As Nino's family also runs the factory that makes the boots (and leather jackets for their sister store, NOI), they know their stuff, and are eager to share. Whether you're looking for a nice everyday pair of boots (or shoes), or the highest quality custom hand made pair (without the 'label' price tag), Goccia is worth checking out. My wife ended up buying 3 pairs.

Call us more than just satisfied customers, a great experience overall.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

After finding this place on TripAdvisor, I figured it was worth at least paying a visit. Nino was extremely helpful and knowledgable about all of his products, and even explained the entire shoemaking process to us! It was a fantastic experience, and I strongly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for some high quality, handmade italian shoes. Service was excellent, resulting in an overall fantastic experience.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Beautiful hand-made Italian boots and purses!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

After buying a couple of coats from NIO, Nino (one of the owners) took us to Goccia, which he also owns. Being a size 11 shoe in the U.S., I was shocked to find the abundance of shoes they had in my size! Many of their shoes are hand-made in their own factory, and they all have the "Made In Italy" stamp. Their shoes are absolutely beautiful. They are the best quality that you will find and they are all very unique. We ended up buying a pair of boots, a pair of sandals, and 2 purses (which are also impeccably made), and loved every bit of it! I HIGHLY recommend Goccia while shopping in Florence.