“Indimenticabile! Unforgettable!”
Review of B&B Al Ventaglio

B&B Al Ventaglio
Ranked #45 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying at Stefania and Luciano's B&B for four nights in September. By the time I left, we had become friends for life. Stefania and Luciano are not just wonderful hosts. They are extraordinary people. Upon arrival, they gave me their full and undivided attention. They immediately outlined all the major Firenze attractions on a map; gave me informational brochures on all the major galleries; and actually took me outside to show me the quickest and most direct route into the center of Firenze. They gave me restaurant recommendations, several of which came with pre-arranged, generous Al Ventaglio discounts. They even gave me a complimentary bus ticket which I never used because the B&B is only a 20 minute walk to the Duomo, Galleria Uffizi, Galleria Accademia. My room was incredibly comfortable, spacious and elegantly appointed in Florentine colors and decor. The breakfast could best be described as "all you can eat." Fresh fruit, yogurts, breads and pastries every morning. Two coffee machines are set up in the breakfast area. One for espresso, The other for cappuccino, hot chocolate, hot water for tea. For me, one of the great benefits of visiting Italy -- besides seeing the sights -- is meeting and interacting with the Italian people. Stefania and Luciano are quintessential Italians. Kind, generous, thoughtful -- most of all -- blessed with a genuine and contagious joy of life. On the day I left, not only was it was raining; the World Cycling Championship was being held in Florence, which meant only certain buses were running to the train station. Stefania & Luciano accompanied me to the correct bus stop and WAITED with me for the right bus to arrive before heading home. For a truly memorable visit to Florence, I highly recommend B&B Al Ventaglio. Cinque stelle! Five stars!
Jim -- Venice Beach, California

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms, Both are on the first floor. Upon entering, mine was the first room on the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank James458378
stefymen, Proprietario at B&B Al Ventaglio, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this B&B for 6 nights and overall, it was a pleasant stay. The owners are very gracious hosts. They had suggestions to provide on sights to visit which were not overrun by tourists (visit Fiesole if you have a chance; it's a beautiful walk through Tuscan hills). The breakfast was plentiful and the rooms were nice. The walk to the center of the city from this B&B is around 20 minutes, but for me this was never an issue. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank traveller4431

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stefy and Luciano are WONDERFUL!! We stayed here for 3 days. Wish it could have been longer! Stefy and Luciano were so helpful! They had maps of Florence, and would make sure to mark every area you wanted to go. They would also tell you how to get there. They had great recommendations for restaurants also!

My son was sick while we were in Florence. I was on my way to the pharmacy around the corner, when I ran in to Luciano. I told him I was getting medicine for my son. He went home, got Stefy, came to the pharmacy where I was and helped me with the pharmacist to make sure I got what was needed for my son. How great is that!!! They really go above and beyond to make sure your stay is AWESOME!!!

The language barrier is a little tricky, but luckily for us, they speak German! Once we figured that out, it was easy, we spoke German the whole time. Before we figured it out, though, we did work it out in Italian/English, so don't worry if you don't know German, it is easy to talk to them. They have TWO coffee machines in the main area for you, with all kinds of hot drinks to make, there's a refrigerator, and always little snacks. It really, really, really is the BEST place to stay in Florence!

Room Tip: We had both rooms for our stay. They are both really great rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tab-on-tour

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at B&B Al Ventaglio for 3 nights during our stay in Florence, and I must say it was fantastic! The B&B ticked all the boxes - comfort, cleanliness, location and the most important - the hosts! Stefy and Luciano were amazing hosts, the best we had during our European holiday - so lively, yet full of practical knowledge of their beloved city! Our experience definitely improved for the better because of them! Stefy's personal touch was seen in many small things that we found in the rooms, and we were overwhelmed by their involvement! Keep up the good work and all the best!
A highly recommended stay, and where I would definitely stay when I visit Florence again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawood1980

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our 2 week stay at this wonderful B&B was a great experience. Our hosts Stefania and Luciano were lovely and would go out of their way to help you.( I left my tripod in a taxi one evening, and they were very helpful and concerned and done their best to help me get it back, even though at first they thought i'd said an I Pad!! (language confusion!))
Our room was always spotless - after a long and tiring day sightseeing we came back to our room, and it was so comfortable and clean to relax in .Breakfast was very nice, and there was always lots of it and different everyday - nice Italian cakes!
The hotel wasn't far from all the sights in a quiet residential area - a 20 min walk or there was buses 2 min away.
Overall, a wonderful B&B, great breakfasts, lovely and accommodating hosts, who made our long stay very pleasant, and i would recommend to anyone,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tracey d d
stefymen, Proprietario at B&B Al Ventaglio, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I can't but express my absolute satisfaction with the B&B Al Ventaglio. Both Stefy and Luciano are a wonderful couple who made my mum’s (64 yrs) and my (34 yrs) stay in Florence a great experience. B&B Al Ventaglio was our oasis of calm and relaxation after the hectic days we spent in Florence as tourists.
Stefy and Luciano gave us an incredible range of advises for restaurants and apero-bars, as well as things to do and places worth visiting in the beautiful Florence and surroundings (which were not always mentioned in the tourists guide books!).
B&B Al Ventaglio is a nice 20 minutes walk from the Dome crossing very calm, beautiful and safe neighborhoods, some of big historic and architectural interest. Our room was lovely: a tastefully decorated and very comfortable 2 single beds room (with air-co, free wi-fi and tv), and a complete and impeccably clean bathroom. The breakfast (self-served) is good, with different kinds of bread, patisserie, yogurt... and great coffee. Honestly, can't ask for more or better!!
I highly recommend B&B Al Ventaglio to anyone and I will definitely stay there in my next trip to Florence. It’s a wonderful place to stay and the hosts are extremely helpful and absolutely adorable!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ibargutxi

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Al Ventaglio B&B in September and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. While the B&B is located in a quiet residential area away from the crowd, it is easily accessible on bus.
Stefania and Luciano were awesome hosts who would go an extra mile just to ensure we feel at home. Everything little detail from the decor to the cutlery used at breakfast was thoughtfully taken care of. Their tips on attractions around Florence were also very helpful during our trip.
Thank you Stefania and Luciano for a comfortable stay!

• Stayed: September 2013