The hotel LD Vinci, as I call it, made us feel very welcome. The room was not huge, but minimalst, clean, and stylish, with a good bathroom. Breakfast was great and included in the price. The fishtank in the ceiling of that restirante was a nice touch.
Noise was not a problem for me, but the rooms are not quiet. The hotel has a busy road on one side, and a train track on the other. However, as I said, this is not a problem for everyone. Its quite tolerable. The main drawback is location - it is situated 7 or 8 minutes from the train station, which sits on the outskirts of the historic city.
The walk to the edge of city is shortish, but rather unpleasant, and can involve a long dark underpass if your heading east. The doumo is maybe a 15 to twenty minute walk, south east. I would recommend this hotel for the tight-pursed, if you don't mind the walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel , only 300 meters from the Santa Maria Novela train station is located in a modern palace on the borders of the historical center of Florence. The Exhibition Hall (Fortezza da Basso) and the Meeting Center (Palazzo dei Congressi) are a short 5 minute walk away. All the tourist, cultural and commercial attractions are only a 10-minute walk away. The hotel is easily be reached by car and offers parking by arrangement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leonardo Da Vinci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leonardo Da Vinci Florence
- Leonardo Da Vinci Hotel Florence