“Absolutely marvellous!”

B&B Florence Dream Domus
Ranked #319 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed 4 nights in this bed and breakfast.
I like ALL!!!! It was just marvellous! The place was really very very very beautiful and very well situated : in the center of Florence near the domus (so, everything is accessible on foot) and situated in a quiet road! The owner really loves meeting new people from everywhere on earth and doesn't consider welcoming people in her bed and breakfast as a "job" but as a "passion".

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank oelydina
florencedream, Direttore at B&B Florence Dream Domus, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Dear Guest
thanks for your message,it was a pleasure to meet you in my B&B
best regards Mrs. Perla the owner

There are newer reviews for B&B Florence Dream Domus

Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Florence Dream 3 times in the past several years and have enjoyed my stay each time. The owners are friendly and very helpful. We really enjoyed the rooms. They are quite spacious and beautifully decorated. It is definitely a B&B - you won't necessarily find someone available 24/7, but on the other hand it is very quiet and relaxing. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for. The other thing to be careful of is that it is a 3rd floor walkup - no elevator. For us not a problem, but some people should consider that when deciding where to stay. The location is great. Right downtown right behind the market and not to far from the Dom. Because of that parking is a real pain. If you can take the train in and then maybe a taxi or walk from the train station, that is probably a bit easier. But all in all a great stay and we plan on going back again this year I hope.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
florencedream, Proprietario at B&B Florence Dream Domus, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Dear Guest
thanks for your message,it was a pleasure to meet you in my B&B
I hope i'll stay with you again.
Warm regards Mrs. Perla the owner

Reviewed October 15, 2008

We had spent almost a year planning the 50th birthday celebrations of three couples who have been dear friends since college. Part of our trip was in Florence, and we chose to stay in the Florence Dream. We loved this place, once we figured out how to get in!! It's a third floor walk up and the floors below are private residences. You must be buzzed in...sometimes by the store across the street, then go up the stairway. (after checking in you are given a key to the front door) It's a full three flights up, so be prepared! Once we got into our rooms we were delighted with the accomodations. All three couples had beautiful rooms and baths. Most of us overlooked the patio area below. The rooms were dead quiet at night, and had individual AC/Heat. (although we couldn't remember what temp we needed as we are used to Farenheit). Breakfast in the morning was quiet but lovely. Overall, it's a peaceful, calming, elegant place to pass the time. Geoffrey is a true gentleman, and we appreciated his helpfulness. The only downside to this hotel is the confusion one feels until you actually locate it and get checked in. It was a quick walk from the train station, and centrally located. We would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 2, 2008

my experience with Dream Domus was terrible.
We had informed Dream Domus that we would be arriving at around 12 in the afternoon and they confirmed our reservations aswell as the fact they had noted down when we were coming. we all arrived at the train station and were absolutely shattered we couldnt wait to get into our rooms. when we got to the Domus we rang the door bell but nobody answered. we rang a couple of times but still no reply. after a while these two young ladies were exiting the building and we went inside. my husband looked around for the door of the B&B and found out it was on the 3rd floor. there was no lift,nothing. it would have been impossible for us to get our suitcases up there as we each had one heavy suitcase. my husband said he knocked on the door of the B&B. Still nobody answered. in the end my children and I had to sit on our sutcases on street in the heat, while my husband was walking to other hotels seeing if they had a room.
i havent been in the actual B&B but it was terrible that they confirmed everything and on arrival didnt answer

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank WorldTravellerOf2008
florencedream, Responsabile reception at B&B Florence Dream Domus, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Dear Guests,

I really apologize for what happened two years ago. Recently the B&B Florence Dream Domus has changed its management and we hope to have the chance to have you here at ours again so that you might enjoy our lovely place.
Obviously we do not know anything about waht happened on August 2nd 2008, but we assure you that it will never happen again.
In case you will accept out invitation we would like to offer one night as a gift.

Regards,

Giada

Reviewed May 16, 2008

We booked our stay based on reviews on tripadvisor and other guidebooks. My husband and I stayed 3 nights in April 2008. Lovely quiet room. Very helpful and kind staff. It's on the 3rd floor but was so centrally located it's worth it. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2007

On the plus side, the room was very comfortable, with a king-sized bed and a nice modern bathroom with a shower. The location was outstanding, every sight we wanted to see was an easy walk from the hotel. Its location by the Central Market meant that there was always something to do with any spare time, and there were plenty of restaurants close to the hotel. Luckily I had read other guest comments in Trip Advisor so I knew what to expect; if I hadn't, the third floor walk-up with no elevator would have been a surprise. Also, since there is no street identification besides a very discreet plaque, we would have missed it had we not known what to look for.
We apparently arrived on Geoffrey's day off, so we had to track down someone from the store across the street to let us in. Not a big deal, but rather disconcerting when you have been traveling for 24 hours, feel disoriented, and have no one to answer your questions. We had reserved another night on our return from Tuscany, but were told that they couldn't accomodate us, and they booked us into another hotel a half block away, which turned out to be equally nice. All in all, it is a pleasant 3-star stay, not super deluxe but a good value for the money.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank TexasGirl16
Reviewed June 27, 2007

My friend and I recently stayed at the Florence Dream Domus. We found
this wonderful B&B to be very comfortable. The room we had was large enough for us both. And we had doors that opened onto a courtyard....
It was very pleasant. The staff, particularly Jeffrey was helpful and
cooked a delicious breakfast. And the location was a plus-right near the Duomo.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)