“Authentic but current Tuscan cuisine”
Review of Touch Florence

Touch Florence
Ranked #47 of 2,746 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: "Touch Florence | osteria contemporanea " Located in the historic center of Florence, and steps away from the Duomo, Santa Croce, and Sant’Ambrogio, is Touch with its “creative and traditional cuisine”. The restaurant’s “ philosophy is to give a ‘touch’ of freshness to the traditional Tuscan cuisine,and to emphasize the excitement of simplicity in each dish. The leading concept focuses on the importance of seasonal and local ingredients. The ambiance is modern and elegant,t, but also relaxing with soft lighting and a warm and familiar homey feel.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Authentic but current Tuscan cuisine”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Travel a lot and enjoy fine dining. This ristorante had been recommended by my Florentine friends for a bit of the non-tourist local flavor. We had checked the menu prior to dinner and were a little worried about the reasonableness of the prices and the thought perhaps the iPad would stand in for good service. Instead found it added to the experience by letting us view exactly what we would be getting and b/c we could see the menu items we knew what questions to ask. As in Italian homes, dinner began with Prosecco and bread. The chef's menus were perfectly portioned and the tastes blended well. Lovely evening. Happy to experience a comfortable dinner without the overdone Italian cliches. Ambience and service well exceeded our expectations. A dinner of that quality would have easily cost us twice as much at home in the States. Could see why it was so highly recommended and why it was full of Florentines.

• Visited March 2014
Stefano_Acciai, Proprietario at Touch Florence, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Our iPad menu is something we’ve invested a lot of time in and it’s so good to hear that it made your impression of Touch a favorable one. We definitely want to make you feel at home at our restaurant and hope you enjoyed the prosecco- it’s Col de’ Salici’s Valdobbiadene Superiore Extra Dry. Let us know when you’re back in Florence! Stefano

• Korean first
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Unforgetable!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I made reservations for Valentines Day at Touch. This was by far the best meal either of us have eaten! The food was not traditional Italian, it had more of a modern twist. I cannot put in words how great the food was and the service as well. My husband and I do not speak Italian but our server was very helpful. The ipad was easliy just switched to english and the pictures were helpful. If you visit Florence, YOU MUST TRY THIS PLACE!! Be sure to make reservations though :)

• Visited February 2014
Hello Janae,
We’re so flattered that you chose Touch to celebrate your Valentine’s Day at and hope you had a lovely evening. Our goal for our dishes is always to take the very best of traditional Italian cuisine and reinterpret it in a contemporary way- we’re glad you noticed! Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you find your way back to Florence (and Touch) sometime in the future! Stefano
Orange NSW AUSTRALIA
“A night to remember”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our party (4 adults) had been to the cooking class at Touch earlier that day with Max and Matteo. We had such a great time and enjoyed the loving preparation of the food we decided to go back for dinner. No regrets as the food, service and ambience were excellent.
Probably the nicest thing about this restaurant is the modern twist on Italian cuisine, fresh and simple dishes made for a lovely meal.
The prices here were very reasonable as were the wines. We had 2 bottles of an amazing Italian Pinot grigio, wish I had have written the name down!
This place is not to be missed whilst in Florence.

• Visited February 2014
Stefano_Acciai, Proprietario at Touch Florence, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope that you enjoyed our cooking classes as we truly want to share our love for food and wine with everyone. We are also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy dinner with us. The Pinot Grigio that you mentioned is from Livio Felluga Winery, and we always work hard to ensure that the wine pairs well with the meal.
Thanks again for your recommendation and hope to see you again next time. Have a lovely day! Stefano.
“Best Meal in Florence”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful meal, we opted for the chefs table seafood tasting menu, really really great! Lovely drink selection with each course (including an amazing local blonde ale with the main), the staff were so friendly and attentive, couldnt be better. A must visit!!!

Hi,
Thank you so much for your kind review! We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Chef’s Table (Seafood) Tasting menu. Here at Touch, we want to make sure every part of your dining experience is top-notch, from the service all the way to the drink pairings. The ale you are referring to is Lorem Ipsum’s “Venere” craft beer. The first time we paired it with our take on tempura, we fell in love and hoped those that dined here would feel the same. Thanks again for the post
Los Angeles, California
“LOVED EVERY BITE!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

So, I have to start by saying this was our first time in Italy and as my family is from Italy (Sicily actually but hey, we're all family) I really wanted an experience that was going to create a memory for me - something that I would always cherish. My husband and I ended up at Touch because we had taken a cooking class from Max and it was such a wonderful experience that we decided to go to his restaurant the next night. It was one of the best meals we had in Florence - actually one of the best meals we had while we were in Italy (two weeks) and I would recommend it to anyone - hands down (and I'm REALLY picky). Being a "foodie" and having loved cooking all my life, I am extremely careful with my restaurant choices and Touch is not to be missed. The service, the meal, the ambiance - everything was exactly what I wanted from a restaurant in Italy - unpretentious but sophisticated, classic food with a modern twist, fresh ingredients and most of all - made with love - you can tell. They love what they do and they respect the food - what more could you ask for? Is it a bit pricey? Yes and no. One, we were on vacation so all bets are off, two - it was totally worth it and three, we live in LA so all good restaurants are pricey if you really think about the quality of what you get in return. Max and Matteo are lovely - LOVELY men who love food and for me, that makes all the difference. I distinctly remember having started with Sformato Di Cavolfiore (which was amazing) then moved on to Il Bollito Nel Raviolo and then to the Tiramisu which is NOT to be missed (you won't be sorry). I'd go back in a heartbeat and recommend you do the same if you are ever in Florence! Questo ristorante si posiziona come uno dei miei preferiti di tutti i tempi e io amare la nostra esperienza lì per sempre! Molto Bene!

• Visited October 2013
Jennine,
We so appreciate that you took the time out of your day to write this incredible review. We are passionate about delivering fresh and innovative dishes that still maintain the integrity of Italian cuisine and to hear that you took note of that certainly makes us happy campers! Tiramisu is one of those quintessential desserts that make Italian cuisine, in our humble opinion, one of the best and we love that you enjoyed our take on the classic treat!We’re also glad to hear that you took a cooking class with us- cooking classes are our way of sharing our love for Italian cuisine and food. The next time you are in Florence, we’re hoping to see you at our restaurant! Ciao Ciao! Stefano