“It was good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Touch Florence
Ranked #49 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: "Touch Florence | osteria contemporanea " Located in the historic center of Florence, and steps away from the Duomo, Santa Croce, and Sant’Ambrogio, is Touch with its “creative and traditional cuisine”. The restaurant’s “ philosophy is to give a ‘touch’ of freshness to the traditional Tuscan cuisine,and to emphasize the excitement of simplicity in each dish. The leading concept focuses on the importance of seasonal and local ingredients. The ambiance is modern and elegant,t, but also relaxing with soft lighting and a warm and familiar homey feel.
Singapore, Singapore
“It was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Through our friend in Germany, we went in search for the restaurant. Indeed, it was good.
We had beef, pasta and salad. The atmosphere was quiet as it was also a football match going on same time. So it was unusual quiet when we had our dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stefano_Acciai, Proprietario at Touch Florence, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thanks for your review; we are very happy if you think the meal was good! We are working every day to guarantee the complete satistation to all our customer, putting all our energy to understand their need and using the best and freshest materials.
Have a good day, Stefano

• Korean first
Columbus, NJ
“Innovative dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great experience with the inneractive Ipad, being able to visualize the menu. But the real Star of the night was the freshness of our choices along with the expert presentation of the plates. We had the best Tiramisu on our whole trip, served in a mason jar with shaved chocolate, awesome. Very reasonable prices for the quality put out in this fine establishment.

Visited October 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review about your experience at Touch Florence restaurant. We try to do our best to always guarantee the best and freshest food to our guest: the iPad menu helps us in that direction (because we can easily update the menu in order of what is the best choice of the day). Thanks again, kind regards. Stefano
New Jersey
“A meal to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am a travel agent and this was my first trip to Florence. I traveled with my husband and 2 teenage children. This review is long overdue. We stayed ate here in early August.

Unfortunately, my husband was not feeling well so he did not join us but even my picky 15 year old daughter enjoyed her very innovative dinner.

Unfortunately as it was several months ago, I don't remember everything we had. I do remember he steak was great. the wine recommendation was perfect and reasonably priced. I had stuffed zucchini flowers that were unbelievable. Desserts were also great.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks a lot for your review and your recommandation. We are working in this project with all our energy and when we see people like you that define their experience "memorable", it is a fantastic pleasure to us. Hope to see you again if you have the opportunity to come back to Florence. Have a good day, Stefano.
Fresno, California
“MY NEW FAVORITE ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I live in Florence and, as an American with VERY determined tastes, I don't just settle for GOOD food here, but ONLY THE BEST. Consequently, in this city of consistently very good food, finding a truly GREAT meal is difficult. I found it, however, at TOUCH. The calamari must be eaten to be believed, as is true with the starters, other main courses and, of course, the incredible dolci. Prices are very fair and, trust me, this maybe a memory equal to seeing The David for the first time!!

Visited October 2013
We really thank you for writing such a fantastic review about Touch Florence restaurant. It was also a real pleasure meeting you at dinner and talking about food, wine and everything about restaurant world. We do have a lot of restaurant in our city but it not always easy to find a place where you can really enjoy everything, so if you said Touch it is your "new favorite" that represent such a great satisfation for us. So hope to see you again when you get in town! Un abbraccio, ciao ciao! Stefano
Istanbul, Turkey
“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff and the atmosphere were fine. However, the food was disappointing, probably the worst I had in Italy. I had seafood gnocchi for the dinner. Seafood was not fresh, it was very much like the supermarket frozen food; and gnocchi didn't taste well. I couldn't eat more than a few bites.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Stefano_Acciai, Proprietario at Touch Florence, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Good evening and thanks for your review. We are very sorry if you didn't enjoy your dinner @ Touch; we did an inquiry about your experience and we realize that we had a problem that night with the Gnocchi, but not because of the seafood. We daily receive seafood directly from a company working on the seaside (@Viareggio), instead getting the fish from Florence Market. Our choice is because we want to guarantee 100% freshness to our guest (that's why we also have a not huge menu, and we can easily remove a dish from our interactive menu system). That kind of dish is a Tricolours Homemade Gnocchi. The problem for that night was a kind of potatoes we get that morning that didn't work with the Red Gnocchi (the red colour comes from the cherry tomatoes). I work in front as a waiter, and I always try to understand if people are enjoying their meal; I am pretty sure that also that night I was asking you if something went wrong or otherwise it was everything o.k. : next time I hope we can solve a little problem with a dish directly during the meal instead of saying nothing and goes away with a disappoint, because we work every day in the restaurant to make people happy and guarantee to them a pleasant experience. Thanks again, Stefano.