B & B Cimatori
De Lanzi(Florence)
Hotel Benivieni(Florence)
Hotel Axial(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatorgreat locationlovely comfortable roomcroissantsperche noevery morningfantastic hoststrain stationflights of stairspiazza della signoriadaily breakfastlate checkapartment buildingboiled eggswalking distancefacing the streetsized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Of all the places we stayed in Italy this was our favorite. The B&B itself was quiet which allowed for good sleeping at night (we were tired), AC worked well, very clean, convenient location and it was nice to have Internet access and to keep drinks in the refrigerator.

Our hosts really made the difference in our stay. They were wonderful! They made the best cappucino with breakfast and were very, very helpful by giving us maps, restaurant recommendations (with directions) and showing us where we could find a laundromat. They were both very pleasant and took care of whatever we needed.

There is no elevator so you do have to carry your bags up a few flights of stairs but that is typicaly of most places in Italy - at least where we stayed. If we go back to Florence we will definitley stay here and would recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Absolutely perfect location. Florence is very small and this hotel is right smack in the middle of everything. 2 minutes to the Duomo and 10 minutes walk to all further places of interest in the city. Even thou this was a B&B the breakfast was not too great but all right. Rooms itself was huge but the bathroom was tiny. I think the sick was a miniature replica of a regular sized sink :) I couldn’t even brush my teeth without spilling water all over the place. We also didn’t get fresh towels everyday which was a spoiler since I left them sitting in the bathroom all day so they were damp when we got back. It is also on the 4th floor so it was a hike to get up there after a whole day of walking. All in all it was a very clean place with church bells ringing outside. They gave us good recommendations for food, they had free Internet available 24 hours in the breakfast room and the price was cheap for a great location. I would actually stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Cimatori in October along with my mother and her boyfriend. Although the location was PERFECT ( 2 min from Uffizi and Duomo) my mother and her boyfriend (in their 50s) HATED the stairs. It is on the fourth floor which can be a hike if you aren't prepared. For my husband and I though it was no problem at all. In addition, the bathroom in my mom's room was TINY (and I've been all over Europe) - you definitely needed to manuver to sit. The other downside was there is a bar downstairs that kept us up on Fri/Sat night. I'm a heavy sleeper so I was able to ignore it, but everyone else in our party complained.

Dominico was absolutely wonderful and went out of his way to make us comfortable. He helped us with our bags and made dinner reservations for us, however, he was not there on the weekends and Valencia, who is very nice, was absolutely no help at all with choosing restaurants or making reservations.

The free wi-fi in the rooms was great! Very helpful in making train reservations and such. Overall, I would stay here again if it were just my husband if I were promised not to have the tiny bathroom and were able to get a quieter room.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mma5587
Reviewed December 6, 2007

During our visit to Florence in September 2007, it was our pleasure to stay at the Cimatori B&B . The B&B was recommended to us by friends who had previously stayed at the Cimatori. It is a perfect place to stay - ideally located in the heart of Florence, a short walk to many of the city's wonderful attractions including the Duomo, the Uffizi Museum, the Academia Gallery, and the Ponte Vecchio, to name but a few.There are also wonderful restaurants close by including two in the Piazza Cimatori and Pinnello's, just down the street.
Domenico and Valeria are marvellous hosts- Valeria made us cappuchino each morning as we enjoyed breakfast with the other guests.
I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for comfort, friendly and gracious owners, perfect location and great room rates. The only draw back to the B&B are the steps up to the flat- if steps are not a problem for you , this is the place to stay in Florence. I will most definitely stay here on my next visit.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank NovaScotiaJulia
Reviewed December 3, 2007

This B&B is perfectly located, absolutely true. However, neither I nor my wife felt it lived up to the excellent reviews listed here – a major reason for our choice.

The room we stayed in was just behind the entrance door and it was a bit shabby. The bathroom was shockingly small – the toilet nearly impossible to sit on and the shower was so tiny it was difficult to wash. My wife and I are both trim so I can't imagine how it would be for people of a more ample nature.

The first night we were kept awake until 2 or 3 am with rowdy street noise, and then woken again early in the morning with garbage collection and street sweeping. Recognizing that the B&B has no control over street noise, I don't fault them, however, it needs to be a part of any review.

We found the breakfasts quite disappointing. Cold, cellophane wrapped croissants, bread and jam, tepid coffee and not a piece of fruit to be found. This was by far the poorest breakfast we received on our 2 week trip.

Finally, and this probably should have been first, the STAIRS. For those with suitcases larger than carry-on, beware, this climb is very challenging.

Unquestionably a great location, but the quality is certainly not up to the level of most of the comments listed here. I'm sure there are better choices.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple