“Great Complement to a Great City”

Hotel Vasari Palace
Ranked #142 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My group and I adored our stay at this Hotel Vasari Palace. Beginning with its placement close to the train station and the center to its lovely and helpful staff, I was actually surprised with how well this choice fit into my experience in Florence. Starting each day in the city was convenient, with a clean, spacious hotel room, a hot shower, and a delicious array of breakfast items to choose from. The staff made the initiative to give me directions and tips toward each place I was interested in going to; also, they offered to hold on to my room key while I was out at night so I couldn't lose it. Along with the obvious gems of Florence that the hotel is close to, there are many hidden gems within walking distance that the receptionist gladly informed me about, such as the ZaZa traditional Italian restaurant. I will gladly stay in this hotel if I ever go back to Florence, and I genuinely recommend it to all who plan on traveling there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vasari Palace

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Arriving by train this hotel is a 5 minute walk from the station. Front desk staff( Alberto) was very helpful with information especially about sightseeing in Florence plus the history of Florence and also about the hotel which was a former monastery. The room was spacious and linen and towels were very good. The breakfast is really good and more than enough to start your day. The hotel, as well as being close to the train station is also a short walk from the main city attractions, The Duomo, the leather market at San Lorenzo (good prices and so much choice) and continues to the Ponte Vecchio. All the major museums are within easy walking as well as other major churches which should also be visited.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street front as it is noisy with traffic at peak hours. Or close the wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce48Brisbane
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent 3 days in Florence and this was very conveniently placed close to the train station. Cheerful staff and helpful to all queries. Breakfast was not bad. It's close to most tourist locations and is within walk able distance. Rooms are spacious but the bathroom is not.
The only cons of the hotel : There is a strange smell in the room and water leaks from the bathroom after a shower into the bedroom.
Otherwise its good value for money. It is also near to a lot of good restaurants and fast food joints.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ajith R
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We loved this hotel. It is very traditional Italian. You really feel you are indeed in Italy. The rooms are big and clean and decorated with quaint painted furniture. There is air conditioning in the room. There are also large communal sitting areas that make it feel spacious. We asked for a quiet room and got it. Could be street noise in some rooms. The hotel breakfast is magnificent, homemade fruit salad....yummy.
The hotel is well situated near to the rail and bus stations and an easy walk to the main town.
We fell foul of Croatia Airlines who left our bags in Dubrovnik and hotel staff kindly chased them up for us as we don't speak Italian. They were extremely kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from street noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank concordians
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very Poor sealing of windows from the street noise - impossible to sleep !
You hear very loud noises of the cars, motorcycles, scooters, and people talking.
I could hardly sleep from 3:AM til 6:AM.
Even though it is a very nice hotel, and close to the center, BUT a hotel room objective is to rest and sleep.
When I complained in the morning at the lobby, I did not get any compensation.
I will NOT COME again to this hotel.
If you want to sleep - I suggest not to book this hotel.
Jeremy H.

Room Tip: I would suggest another hotel, with much better sealing from the street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Well, The doors are creepy. Each door has a creepy poster of some renaissance life size person that scares you around the corner. Pricey for a few days stay. But it's still a good place for the budget traveller

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karim S
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Thi hotel is only a 5 min. walk from the train station, on a small quiet street. Check -in was swift, and front desk staff were friendly and can speak English very well. We had a double-room on the side of the building with the window facing to a quiet garden. The aircondition was good. The toilet was clean. And we didn't have problems with the wifi. The breakfast room was spacious and has high ceiling. The Breakfast buffet was a different choice of cold cut meat, croissant, bread, cheese,tomato, cereals,fruits, and warm and cold drinks (impressive, if I were to compare it to the other Italian breakfasts we've had in the other hotels we stayed in the 1 week we were in Italy). It was very near the San Lorenzo Market, and the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio were only a 10 min. walk away. I would'nt hesitate to book this hotel again on my next trip to this beautiful city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple