“Excellent value for money”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #44 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Aachen, Germany
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Excellent location to explore Florence. Very quiet rooms eventhought the hotel is the city center, just 100 meters from Dom. Very friendly, helpful hotel personnel. Simple breakfast included. All in all good value for money. Pay in cash and get 10% discount.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reissu-erkki01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have just returned from a trip around Europe with my girlfriend and I must say this is the best hotel I stayed in the entire trip. Do not be put off by its two star rating as the service and cleanliness of this hotel exceeds anything I have ever experienced. The room we received was huge with an enormous bed and very clean. Ample storage for our belongings was provided and the air conditioning unit was much appreciated. The en-suite bathroom was also huge and appeared to be recently renovated. The hotel is also very peaceful at night and so we got a good sleep at the end of a long days sightseeing.

What is the highlight of this hotel however is the customer service from the staff. They are the most courtious and friendly hotel staff I have ever experienced. We felt so welcome and the staff are so knowledgable about florence itself. We decided to have a meal in florence for our anniversary and I must say the lady on reception certainly knows good restaurants in the area.

One further point is that the breakfasts were great. Exactly what was needed for a long days sightseeing.

All in all I would recommend this hotel based on the customer service itself. The rooms too are to an excellent standard.

Well done Hotel Europa. You have a real gem here!

ps i think the pictures of the rooms on here are very out of date or of another hotel so don't be put off by these

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigjoe89
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Miriam is absolutely the nicest person in Italy. We traveled with 3 kids (14, 11, 3) and eveybody received an answer to his/her needs. Hot milk to the little one, smiles + Wi-fi to the big one, Assistance with Gluten-free food to the 3rd one, and best explanations to ourselves. The quadropool was roomy and clean. The only problem was the old lift in the building - quite scary, uncomfortable and unwelcoming.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Argamanit
Atlanta
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We found the location to be perfect--just a few blocks from everything and yet quiet at night. We had two rooms and both were roomy (considering Italian sizes). I do agree with previous reviewers that the beds are quite firm, but I thought that was a plus! Breakfast was good with pastries, yogurt, coffee and tea. We were welcomed warmly every time we returned and we really wanted to take home with us the sweet lady who kept the breakfast room stocked!! She is precious and my teen children loved her!!

The restaurant recommendations are perfect--we truly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Momsterof4
La Jolla, CA
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is my third stay at Hotel Europa and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I go to Florence. I have recommended this family run hotel to all of my friends who ask where to stay in Florence. When I arrived this time it was late and I opened my window to see a remarkable site... the Duomo and the Campanile were in view from the window and highighted by the moonlight of a full moon between them. It was absolutely breathtaking. I love this hotel mostly for the family who runs it. They are interested in your stay being the best possible in Florence. It is more than a room at Hotel Europa, it is an experience. The location cannot be beat... so close to the Duomo, the Market, Piazza Repubblica, The David, etc. The train station and all the sites of Florence are within walking distance. The staff arranges everything for you and they treat you so special. When I go to Florence I look forward to seeing them each time. It was a great plus to have free wireless internet. It was very reliable and a great convenience for me to stay connected. Everything was as wonderful as ever at Hotel Europa!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank smc1234
Stanford
Reviewed August 5, 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. The family is so warm and welcoming. The rooms are so comfortable and the family is so helpful in every way. Beautifully decorate rooms and ice cold AC in the summer. Breakfast was very delicious and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The location is central to everything as well. I can't write enough good things.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stillitching
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed here with a group and really liked the location and the family atmosphere. Run by really nice people and the staff had a great helpful attitude. The breakfasts were fine for starting out the day and the hotel was quiet and nice to come back to after a day of touring. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2010