WINNER WONDERLAND

“Everything is ok” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Elite

Hotel Elite
Ranked #259 of 422 Hotels in Florence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a really great location, literally around the corner from the train station and convenient to everywhere you'd want to go in the city. The real perk to staying here was Maria, who helps work the front desk and is one of the most outgoing, hilarious, and most helpful people you could meet. She immediately whipped out a map for us and marked out good restaurants nearby, where we absolutely had to go vs what we should avoid- she really made our stay here. The room was quite large and very clean. Nothing super special or exciting about this hotel, but it's a good value considering how much you're paying. I wouldn't stay here again, but it's a good starting off point, especially if you're traveling on a budget and/or want to be close to the train station.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dominica M
Florence, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for one night because it was a good price and was located by the train station and I was catching a bus to the airport the next morning. I had studied in florence and it was my last night in the city I had grown to think of as home so I figured as long as it was cheap and comfortable I would be fine. I was used to hostels at that point and don't consider myself very high maintenance. I did however have a large suit case and backpack weighing probably 60-70lbs together. So I was very disappointed when I arrived and had to walk across the square behind Santa Maria novella to a different hotel to check in. They claimed I should have gotten an email about it but I never received one. It defeated the purpose of getting a place so close to have to lug my bags further anyways. Then I had to lug them up two and a half flights of stairs to get them to my room with no help or lift. Once I got in the room I found the door did not lock as securely as I would like considering that after 4pm there is no qconsierge and therefore absolutely no form of security. The comforter on the bed and pillows were disgusting. The sheets and towels however seemed clean and the shower was fine. The room also had a weird musky odor. I would not recommend it. You'd probably be better finding the best possible hostel than booking a place like this if you wand to be comfortable after a day of exploring the art, food, wine, and views of this wonderful city it will really give you a much better experience of Florence.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank FloStudent

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel Elite.
In Sept. my family stayed in Hotel Elite 4 nights. It is very good location to choose. Firstly it is walkable distance only from railway station. Area of the hotel is very clean and quiet. Many of the attractions are in that area. Santa Maria Novella is one among them. There is a large open ground infront of Santa Maria Novella. Evening time that area is full with tourists and friends group. Hotel receptionist was nice. She was giving guidance to see different attractions and provided maps.
Only thing I don’t like, was the steeped staircase to reach up, was difficult to go up with bags. Evening time the road in front of the hotel will be the busy with hotel extentions.
Many shopes were in that road. So we did not get much difficulty in that hotel.

Mrs. Nair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GIRIJA D
Maine, US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This accommodation is in a great location- minutes from the train station, and able to walk to many of the major sights- Accademia, the duomo, piazzelle Michelangelo, Ponte Vecchio. The price was fantastic compared to other accomodations in Florence. The down sides of this hotel would be the room- the bed was so loud that I would wake myself up by moving! We had chosen the room with the shared toilet (which really wasn't a problem at all) but the shower is in the room, and I could reach it from sitting in the bed. The room did have a nice view though. What I really did not like about this hotel was that there was no staff there when we arrived at 5:30p, and saw directions to go check in at another hotel around the corner. It literally is around the corner but after traveling all day, with luggage, the last thing that you want to do is walk around Another corner! Also, I thought the clerk in the other hotel was not that helpful- made me come back and pay the tax in cash, and then when I came back, had to wait for him as he was not at the desk. During the day, there is a host at the hotel, who is absolutely lovely, charming and helpful!
One other thing- which isn't any fault of the hotel itself- the wifi did not work in the bedroom, and only in the lobby- I forgot my purse down in the lobby overnight, and the next morning when I saw it, my money was gone. I was thankful they left the purse because my credit card was still in it, and it wasn't that much money (around 50$). It could not have been hotel staff as it was late that I left it down, and early that I was leaving. It had to have been another guest in the hotel:(
All in all, I would stay in this hotel again if I was on a strict budget. If I had a few extra dollars to spend, I would somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank katie1128
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in Florence for 1 night. Not sure if this hotel is for business during the week but it seemed like a business hotel. It's in a decent location, right down the road from a Soccer stadium where we saw a game. The hotel is very very clean. We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. We wanted to take a bottle of champagne back to the hotel room so they sent it up for us with snacks that we didn't have to pay for or even asked for which was nice. Hotel room was big!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NovemberRain27
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I found Hotel Elite quite by chance on the Internet, as I searched for places to stay when in Florence. My trip was both business and pleasure, as I planned to take in a small portion of a computing conference before moving to more cultural activities. I was travelling alone, so a safe city centre location was a must.

The hotel is located about 5 minutes walk from the main Firenze Santa Maria Novella train station, which is one hour of a train ride from Pisa airport. Like many smaller hotels, it's situated in a mixed use building, with a shop on the ground floor and private apartments on the upper floor. If you arrive after 4pm you will check in in the sister hotel on the adjoining piazza - it's less than two minutes walk but it may be a good idea to check it on a map first if coming by train to avoid having to retrace your steps!

I booked a single room, but a very nice double was assigned, which included a shower, sink, TV and a proper air conditioner (not the chilled water junk seen so often in many US and Irish hotels). The toilet was shared amongst a number of rooms. The room was spotlessly clean and well made up each day. The hotel was quiet at night and I got a great nights sleep. The wifi works best downstairs in the lobby, perfectly understandable as the building walls in Europe tend to be quite thick.

The hotel manager was very helpful when I asked to extend my stay by three more nights, and was a pleasure to chat to, with plenty of recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat at. I'm delighted to have found this hotel and will be using it again when I visit florence next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo