“Accidenti! Che residenza!”

Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine
Ranked #35 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

If your are looking for accomodation in Firenze that combines comfort and elegance with hospitality and kindness, the Residenza Johanna I should be your first joice. The rooms as well as the whole Residenza are furnished with great taste and a commitment to all the small details that make you feel like visiting the appartment of a dear friend rather than staying at a Hotel. Moreover, the Residenza is located in a charming and quiet appartment house in walking distance to the historical city centre that gives you the impression to be less a tourist, but a true inhabitant of Firenze. The highlight of the Residenza, however, is of course the team working there. Especially Ilanit and Luca (who have been there when I was there) were incredibly helpful with their tips for food and places to visit. I will certainly come back again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
illyfirenze, Direttore at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Katja,

we are so thankful for your beautiful and generous words regarding every aspect of our residence and your stay with us! It was our pleasure meeting you here so we are waiting for you to come back and visit us again so you could discover more of the beauties and tastes of Firenze.
Allora, arrivederci presto! And all our best wishes to you

From Ilanit and Luca & all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful B&B for a night in March. The staff was warm and welcoming and very helpful!! Our schedule changed and we found ourselves in Florence a day earlier than expected. Residenza Johanna1 could not accommodate us but they found us a room at another B&B in the same area!! Our room was lovely and comfortable. They are located on a side street and within walking distance of all the wonderful sights of Florence. We arrived by train and it was about a 10 minute walk from the station. If your travels take you to Florence I would recommend you try the Residenza Johanna 1.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear guests from Boston,

special thanks for your kind review!
It was our pleasure hosting you and our duty taking care of any aspect of your stay in our residence. Thank you for sharing your experience and hoping to see you again in your next trip to Florence and in the meantime please receive our warmest regards
from all the staff of Residenza Johanna I

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Don't stay in a soulless hotel, if you want to flavour the real Florence stay here. It's a bt confusing when you first arrive as its in an old apartment block so it's just like arriving at your own flat! We followed the written instruction to the letter and managed to drive straight there.... A miracle we thought through the middle of Florenece and were then directed than underground car park a 10 mins walk away to leave our car for 2 days at 10 euros a day. The room was lovely and despite straight onto the street very quiet, the tourist information given by Luca was excellent along with the restaurant recommendations. It is a little walk t the centre but very straightforward and through a nice area... I would like to live there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear guests from Brighton,

thank you so very much for your beautiful words!!
it's a pleasure knowing you found our residence so homey and authentic - for us there's no other way of welcoming people from all over the world introducing you to the best of all what Florence has to offer.
We would love to welcome you again in our little home in Florence and until then we send you our warmest regards

From Luca and all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Everything in the room is very comfortable. And the atomasphere is really warm and elegant, which made me feel just like at home. It's not a very big hotel, however I like it very much. The staffs here are always willing to help me when I and my friends lived here. It's in perfect location and very convienient for tourists.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear guests from Versailles,

a BIG thank you for your kind and generous review!
We are glad you liked so much our residence and spent a pleasant time with us in Florence - it is very much a mutual feeling.
We do hope to see you back soon and we send you our warmest regards

From all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband, son, and I enjoyed our stay in Florence after arriving at the Residenza. We drove in and had not printed out their directions and instead relyed on GPS (don't do that-it doesn't know the one way and restricted streets). Luca, who was the manager for most of our stay, patiently stayed on the phone to guide us there-he should be sainted. Throughout the stay, he gave us great advice on where to eat, what to do, directions, etc. The other staff were also incredibly helpful. It is like having a private concierge, as the Residenza is small.
The rooms are beautifully appointed, although small by American standards, but comfortable. It is about a 15-20 min. walk away from the central activities, which helps allow for the peaceful atmosphere-one just has to have good walking shoes. You can then eat more delicious Florentine food after walking!The whole place is meticulously maintained. We would definately stay there again. Thank you to all!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wsald
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear family from Washington DC,

thank you SO much for your lovely words and kindness!
It was a pleasure having you all here knowing you fully enjoyed our residence atmosphere and service and our dear Florence - as hosts, we are committed to make your stay as pleasant and interesting and tasty as we possibly can.
So it would be great welcoming you again in our residence for further exploring the beauties and tastes of Florence and until then we wish you a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

From Luca and all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed here with my daughter in the middle of October and thoroughly enjoyed our time in this friendly and charming Bed and Breakfast. I liked the fact it was small, which lent to the atmosphere, as well as the central location meaning that we only had a 10 minute walk into the centre. Also good was the proximity of various Restaurants, Bars and Cafes. The B&B itself was in a quiet area and the fact that you had to get through 3 doors in order to get into the building only added to the sense of security rather than any frustration at having so many keys! The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, proactively recommending sights to see and providing tips as when and where to go.

I loved the honesty Bar and the free drinks and cake which were provided in the afternoon. The room was comfortable and the bathroom clean (towels were more like large dishcloths than the fluffy variety though!).

The only slight criticism I have is that the breakfast was fairly sparse and lacked variety. Also on the second day we were there workmen erected scaffolding right in front of our room which was a bit of a shock as they could look straight through our window. We hadn't been pre warned which would have been nice as it did create some noise as well as being an invasion of privacy.

Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay and would stay without hesitation again! Many thanks

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark P
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear guests from Bad Nauheim,

it was our pleasure hosting you and your daughter and it is a pleasure reading your
kind and much attentive review!
We are happy that you've found our location and atmosphere cosy and homey and
we really hope to welcome you again in our residence.

We thank you also for your "slight critisism" which help us to improve ourselves and our service and which we would like to comment:
- unfortunately there was a problem with the rooftop and we ourselves were not informed
enough in time to warn you as to the scaffolds that were to be erected and we are very very sorry that your privacy was disturbed. We would like to add, that since the working is on the rooftop, the workmen are no longer operating along the windows' level.
- we are constantly improving our breakfast, introducing new elements to it and varying from time to time, so we invite you to come back and enjoy it!
- as to the towels, the small and media ones are of the fluffy type and always were and few days ago we changed the shower towels as well to the fluffy type.

We thank you again for dedicating your time and sharing your experience
All the best from Florence and see you soon!
the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We only stayed a couple of nights at Residenza Johanna 1 but wished we stayed longer! Room was comfortable, with incredible service...clean room every day, helpful staff gave suggestions for great places for dinner and assisting us on how to navigate out of Florence when we picked a car to go to Tuscany. Great location, walling distance to everything but still quiet area. Fantastic spread of food for breakfast. And overall homely character was wonderful to come back to at the end of each day. Would definitely rate best B and B of trip so far!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear guests,

we are really grateful for your beautiful review and your appreciation towards
so many aspects of our residence, especially those regarding our staff - it is
our satisfaction knowing your stay with us was so comfortable and pleasant!

So we can't wait welcoming you again for a longer stay and until then we send
you our warmest regards from Florence
from all the staff of Johanna I