“Fabulous stay”

Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine
Ranked #37 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a wonderful bed and breakfast, very comfortable and beautifully furnished with reql character. A nice breakfast and tea and cakes to come back to in the afternoon. The staff are friendly and helpful and are fluent English speakers

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear guests from London,

we thank you very much for your beautiful words and for so appreciating our residence character and staff and we willigly will welcome you again in our florentine home!

Our warmest regards and best wishes for a mild english autumn

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed 5 days at Residenza Johanna I. It is located in a quite street, in an old Italian apartment house in the middle of Florence.
Our room and bathroom was very nice, decorated with antique Italian furniture, a four-poster bed and air condition.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, we got some great recommendations for sight-seeing, shopping and restaurants. (You should definitely try Tito´s Osteria which is just around the corner!)
Tea, coffee and cake is available free of charge the whole day, breakfast is good.
Not far away from the city center and you can reach all tourist attractions within walking distance. Also, the Botanical Garden is just around the corner, if you need a break from the tourist routine. We enjoyed Florence and our stay at Residenza Johanna a lot and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear guests from Germany,

it was a pleasure reading your very kind words about our residence and, above all, it is a pleasure knowing you enjoyed your stay with us.
We thank you for sharing your experience and florentine tips with future travelers and hoping to welcome you again in our residence in the near future

Our warmest regards from Firenze

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

you feel like home in Florence. Very clean and antique style.
Could be a little closer to central Florence but 15 min walking you get there.
Nice service and staff.
The bathroom is too tiny but the room was fine.

• Stayed: September 2012
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear guests from Sao Paulo,

we thank you for your kind attention toward our residence and we hope to meet you again in Florence.
With our warm regards to you and your city

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Don't be put off by the entrance... this hotel is located on the first floor of a townhouse so not the easiest to immediately find. But it's clean, well located and the room had air con (a must for Italy in summer). Breakfast was adequate; fairly standard I think (criossants...etc.) and the welcome was warm. Tea, coffee and cake available at all time which was great for those nibbles. Bathroom was a little small and shower wasn't that powerful; tv was small. All in all, a good stay with no frills.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear guests from London,

thank you for your kind words and, of course, for staying with us in our homey residence.
We hope to see you again here in Florence and we send greetings to your city that, by now, is probably already getting back to its natural rythm.

Our warmest regards from all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went to Residenza Johanna I after 4 days at Rome and I got a stunning experience of Firenze (Florence) starting from this B&B. Beautifuly decorated, we started by getting an upgrade to our room with no extra charge. The hole hotel is well decorated in a classical style, in a quiet neighborhood at 7 min. short walk to the main atractions (almost all by the river). You take San Gallo street from here and after a short walk you're at the middle of all the action. You can even get free cake by the time you return tired from sightseeing! Definitely our best hotel experience after our trip around Rome-Firenze-Pisa-Tuscany. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pedro M

Dear guest from Vila do Conde, Portugal,

we are truely thankful for your beautiful review and are glad to know that we made part of your authentic florentine experience. And that's no small issue when travelling.
So please return to visit us for discovering more of Florence's buties and tell us about Portugal and until then we send you our warmest regards from a still very hot Firenze

From all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The b&b is located 10 minutes walk from the center. My boyfriend and i stayed for a week! The room we had was a great size, the breakfast was just right. the staff was helpful with everything we could ask- recommending tours, letting us use their computer, and general assistance. The b&b is clean, and offers a bar with cake, tea and coffee at all times. we enjoyed the stay very much and do hope to go there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear guests from Gerusalemme, Israele,

thank you SO much for your great review! We are so glad that you loved staying with us and appresciated every aspect of our residence. We as well hope you'll be back again soon to visit us and Firenze for another wonderful stay and until then we send you our warmest regards and
prayers for peace

From all the staff of Residenza Johanna I

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent one night here, and were impressed by the warm and welcoming hospitality. It's a little bit off the beaten path, but Florance is so small that this really made little difference. The hosts really pay attention to our individual needs (they let us check in early and also let us keep our bags there late after checkout so we could tour the city). When we were able to get to our room, the housekeeping had turned the AC on, and it was such a pleasant surprise after a long day hitting the pavement in the heat. The gentleman at the front desk recommended a place for dinner which was both affordable and romantic.
Overall, a great experience, especially for the money!

Room Tip: Look for special deals on the website to get a discount.