During September 2009 my wife and I were married in Florence at the Anglican church of St Marks, we then had our reception at Villa la vedetta.
We were a wedding group of 22 people mixed with family and friends and had such a wonderful time here. We must firstly say that having made a weekend trip to Florence back in March earlier that year to find a suitable location for our reception, we initially went out to view various venues we had seen onthe internet, but unfortunately most dissapointed us due to a number of points, such as the actual location, freindliness of staff or being too expensive for our budget amongst a few reasons. During our last day we found ourselves wandering about quite down hearted wondering if we would ever find our dream reception and then all of a sudden we stumbled upon the grounds of Villa La veddetta; initially thinking this very upper class place would be far in excess of our budget, we decided that we had nothing to lose and so walked in and asked to see the manager. To our amazement the staff were extremely friendly and curteous and sat us down with a free glass of proceco before the manager came to sit and discuss our requirements. His name: Andrea Luxoro. He was extremely accommodating to our small budget requirement and insisted they could set out a table for 22 persons under the pergola near the pool without paying a set fee! (this position was so romantic) and all he would charge us for would be the meal per head, which was less than 50 Euros per head and at that price would throw in 10 bottles of good locally produced wine! We were overwhelmed and actually thought it was too good to be true, but Andrea was true to his word and kept in constant contact with us by email during the 5 months leading up to our big day and was extremely patient and helpful as we changed some of the meal courses once or twice. Once we arrived at our reception the sun was shining, the drinks were flowing and the meal and service were nothing other than world class! Allthough we didn't stay over night, the staff were nice enough to take us to the Penthouse suite roof top to have some photos taken and these happen to be our best photos! The views are just unbelievable. All in all this place really did put the icing on what was the best day of our lives! If you are conssidering a location for your wedding reception look no further than Vlla La Veddetta. A true gem in terms of beauty, location, service, friendliness and allthough we didn't stay over night, the value to simply have your wedding reception here is extremely reasonable. Speak to the manager Andrea and he will negotiate and realise your Italian dream wedding!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta