“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“Excellent location”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We found this hotel to be one of the best 3 star hotels we'd been to but also the most expensive. However, our room with it's little private balcony was gorgeous and the bathroom large and well equipped. We only stayed one night in transit but will definitely go back to this hotel when we spend more time in Florence. The management and staff were friendly and the decor is superb.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Hebrew first
Irvine, California
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A wonderful boutique hotel, centrally located. My room was clean and comfortable. Fabrizio, Patricia, Tomasso, Leonardo and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. A family owned hotel were the guests are treated as family. Like other reviewers, I much enjoyed the prosecco "Happy Hour" each evening. A great way to meet fellow travelers, exchange information about sightseeing, dining, etc. The family owned chauffeur company, I Just Drive, offers fantastic service for day trips outside the city. The Davanzati is highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Family owned and operated, impeccable, friendly and knowledgeable. Clean, well appointed accommodation. Nothing too much trouble from booking a museum to a hire care or just the inside scoop on best times to visit the famous statue or where to eat. Centrally located, we walked everywhere and were able to imbibe the atmosphere of this romantic city with ease. A good breakfast is available and an early evening happy hour facilitates a convivial get together with other guests.
Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kym H
Idaho
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Glad we read them and stayed here. Friendliest staff around and full of great tips and advice. We really loved the happy hour. We had the drinks in our room before venturing out. I love that it is family owned. Watching dad senior sit and walk around in his suit and tie everyday was charming. We also really like booking the tours directly from the front desk. Good job Davanzati!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jill C
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

PROS:
1. Great location. It's minutes away from shopping, Ponte Vicchio, duomo and many more.
2. Great family owned, family run business. It's very clean and very well maintained property.
3. They offer continental breakfast from 7:30 to 10:300 and happy hour from 6:30-7:30. There's always fruit available for you to grab.
4. They have great Internet connection, ipads to use, travel books to borrow and even converters if you forgot yours.
5. Everyone is so helpful. The front desk staff (owners and family) help you book whatever you need. The staff also sent a bottle of wine to my room when they realized it was my birthday from my passport.
6. The cleaning staff is great. The room is spotless daily. One day I forgot my wedding rings in the room , they must have fallen on the floor. When I came back that night they were neatly put back on the bedside table.
Incredible hotel. I recommend it and I would definitely come here again. We enjoyed our stay so much, we are extending our stay a couple more nights (we're still here)

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Lillian M
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We LOVED this hotel. It is run by 3 generations of family members. You see the grandparents in the morning hovering around breakfast (outstanding breakfast), the parents through the day and evening and occasionally, son Tomas runs the desk. Incidentally, Tomas gave us 3 outstanding restaurant recommendations. The hotel is lushly appointed from the lobby to the rooms. The staff are all very gracious, kind and accommodating. I would ask for a different room in that our room only had one window and to open it meant opening up to the outside air. When it was shut, and the lights went out, it was BLACK dark which was GREAT for sleeping but we overslept on several days...not a bad thing. The drawback to this hotel is requires ascending 2 flights of stairs to get to the lobby. For us, this was not an issue. They have a cocktail hour serving wine, beer and snacks daily and we went daily. One night, we came back to the hotel to find the lobby lights dimmed, candles burning and European pop music playing and we thought (honestly), "is this our hotel?" It was and Tomas was in charge of the cocktail hour this night. We're in our fifties and honestly, this just made us smile and was a welcome surprise. The 3 restaurants Tomas recommended were 2 minute walks. A laundromat was located about 5 minutes away (and we needed to use one at this point). The market is only 5 minutes and the Duomo, main museums and the river and main bridges are all within 10 minutes. There is a famous little fountain of a brass boar located about 3 minutes away and that's a nifty little experience. Our cooking class shuttle picked us up about 10 minutes down the street so ideally, this was very well located. I highly recommend staying with Tomas and his father Fabrizio...you'll want to come back!

Room Tip: I would ask Fabrizio for a room with curtains that can be drawn so you're not compelled to hiber...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JimE782
bfold@man.com
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hotel Davanzati started a friendship 11 years ago and have always treated as a close friend. I recently returned from 2 1/2 weeks in Firenze and was probably the best experience in all my visits to Firenze. I visited Tommaso, the son, at Hotel Davanzati and he said we gotta go out and party. Our nite began around 10:30 p.m along with Leo who works at Davanzati, Luca another friend and three American women and Tommaso who made reservations at Osteria dell Olio. He told me about this linguine pasta with duck bacon, parmesan shavings and truffles. To begin Tommaso had told me about this liquore made from mint and laurel. That was a eye opener! When I asked Tommaso where do the Italians come with these ideas for Liquore he said " We will extract anything!" Ok...along with a 2006 bottle of Syrah Bramasole we had our linquine duck bacon pasta. The bottom of the pasta bowl is laden with strips of duck bacon that gives a smoky flavor, handmade linguine on top, then shaved parmesan cheese along with thinly slice truffles, Delicious, magnificent. ( I later returned a week later by myself ate the same thing but this time sat outside). After dinner and a few more shots of the mint and laurel we went off to another bar and sat outside talking and having my first Negroni ever. It was almost morning by the time I made it home.

The next week Tommaso arranged another dinner where Tommaso, Leo another friend and myself went to trattoria Gargani, formerly Garga that I had been to11 years before. I had sliced veal in a cream sauce with sliced avocaddo wedges, but I saw Tommaso get the Filetto di Manzo (filet of beef) with fresh green peppercorns. The next nite nite I returned to Gargani after doing some nite fotography by myself do try the Filetto di Manzo. It comes witha light cream sauce covered with fresh green peppercorns, not black peppercorns, green, Delicious, you don't need to season your beef as every bite you take you can take a bite of the peppercorn. The more I ate the bettter it tasted.

Back to the nite before after we finished our dinner we went back to Slowly a bar next to Davanzati, waited for the nite to give birth and Tommaso took me over to the club YAB and got us in. A dance clube with different themes every nite, tonight was hip hop nite and the music was loud, the club crowded with people in constant motion.

Every time I have gone to Davanzati, they, either Tommaso or Fabrizzio, his dad, have made me feel welcomed somewhere in between a family member and a close friend. So Thanks again Tommaso.. Osteria dell Olio and Gargani were the two best restaurnants I ate at while in Firenze.

Room Tip: any room facing the street is subject to sometimes noise from late night people
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo