Hotel Davanzati
$178
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)
$142
  • Breakfast included
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$226
$667
$645
  • Restaurant
3,623 results
All reviewshappy hourfree moviesmeet other guestshis sonbruschettamuseum reservationsthis family run hoteldinner reservationsrestaurant recommendationsevery eveningwonderful hotelstreet levelperfect locationinternet accessfavorite hoteltrain stationmaking reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I planned this trip using Tripadvisor to guide me to the right choices. This was the best recommendation!. I brought my goddaughter for her first visit to Florence but I had been a number of times uears ago when B&Bs were sketchy at best. I picked this hotel because of it's location close to the Ponte Vecchio and Piazza Signoria ( an area I was very familiar with from previouds visits to Florence) and the glowing recommendations of other travellers.

This little gem of a B&B surpassed my expectations by far!

We were greeted by Fabrizio, the second of a 3 generation family run business. (His 90 year old father still remains involved clearing breakfast dishes, organizing the buffet,etc.) His son Tomasso (who relieves Fabrizio in the evenings) is gorgeous looking (alas, to be young again!)and very funny! Both were extremely helpful with restaurant suggestions and other recommendations.
It clearly caters to the amenities that Americans in particular have come to expect in the very finest 5 star hotels....laptops in the room, large HD TVs, and particularly WiFi!
Our room #202 was perfect for our needs...a very well-appointed room with 2 twin beds. The bathroom was the big surprise! Although renovated 9 years ago it looked brand new! I requested a tub to soak my old bones after a long day walking.. (Tubs are not that common in small hotels)

The reception area was cozy with chairs in which to read your morning paper from a number of Ipads that were provided..Ingenious!

Breakfast is a very elegant continental one with many choices: cappuccino or espresso made on the spot, yogurt, fresh cut fruit, ham and cheese, pastries, croissants,etc.
At 6:30 Happy hour was provided ..offering chianti and Prosecco wine and hor d'oeuvres.

I cannot think of one thing missing from this experience. I loved this hotel! When I return this is where I will stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diana H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After traveling for 5 days in Italy, we came here and loved every minute of it! From the minute we walked thru the door and were warmly greeted by our host, Fabrizio, we knew we were in the right location. We loved having the laptop in our room, WIFI and American TV! The happy hour nightly is charming - the inn is lit with candles and chianti, prosecco and appetizers are served. It was fun meeting all the other guests and sharing restaurant tips, etc. Tommaso also works so hard to make sure that all your needs are met. They even provided a white noise machine which helped us sleep since we were there during Notte Bianchi (street performers and lots of outside parties).Truly a great location with wonderful hospitality!

1  Thank fiftyisfabulous
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful experience. This hotel lived up to all the reviews. Great central location, we were able to walk everywhere. The room was nice, clean, free wifi with laptop provided and TV with loads of english channels. Even though we were in the centra we didn't have any problems with traffic noise. We were really spoiled, even provided a bottle of wine since we were there for our anniversary. The family and staff are all nice, friendly, and helpful for all things. Happy hour was a really great opportunity to meet others in the hotel and share experiences and ideas. Met some really nice other tourists. Breakfast was more than adequate.

1  Thank Tony1Ann
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and stayed at the Davanzati 5 years ago, and loved it so much that we stayed here again. The hotel is close to all the sites. The rooms are spotless and have all the amenities. But what really sets the Davanzati apart from other hotels are Fabrizio and Thomaso. Their service is incredible. They were extremely helpful with attraction tickets and dinner suggestions and reservations. The happy hour with proseco and chianti allowed us to visit with other guests and talk about our days. You can really tell it is a family run business. The attention to detail is noticed and appreciated. When we are back in Florenece we will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our third time and always wonderful. We stayed a week and always a great experience. The most gracious family, wonderful suite, lovely breakfast and perfect location. A no-brainer...this is the place to stay. Love Davanzati!

Room Tip: They provided a noise machine for street noise...we heard nothing. We were on the main street and lower floor.....great windows with shutters. I can think of not one thing to complain about...just wonderful. This is one hotel that understands their mission...customer service is A+.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple