Hotel Davanzati
$178
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)
$141
  • Breakfast included
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$226
$628
$583
  • Restaurant
3,623 results
All reviewshappy hourfree moviesmeet other guestshis sonbruschettamuseum reservationsthis family run hoteldinner reservationsrestaurant recommendationsevery eveningwonderful hotelstreet levelperfect locationinternet accessfavorite hoteltrain stationmaking reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We actually stayed at the Hotel Davanzati, four years ago,( the form requires a more current date of stay). At that time, there were so many outstanding reviews that I neglected to write one. However, this past week a longtime friend contacted me for suggestions on where to stay in Florence. I immediately thought of the Davanzati and contacted Fabrizio on the whim he would remember us.

His response was a greater compliment to his hotel then all the positive stay comments. He was delighted to hear from us, remembered even some shared moments and immediately assisted in insuring that my very good friend and his family would have an outstanding experience during his time in Florence.

I am glad I waited to write my comments

Room Tip: communicate with Fabrizio
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jhasko
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very comfortable and cozy B&B run by a family, who were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about everything in Florence. They knew every restaurant by name including where they are and when they open. They also made reservations, which was an immense help.

The hotel has a happy hour every evening for the guests, which includes free drinks and snacks. This was a great event for me, since I traveled alone, and met a fantastic eating buddy there who was also traveling alone.

The room was small, but comfortable and clean. The hotel made strange noises at night though, which bothered me until I popped in earplugs. I'm a light sleeper though, so this might not be a problem for most.

It's around the corner from the market, and five minutes or less from Duomo and Uffizi/Ponte Vecchio by walking, so it's a great location. The real advantage here though is the fact that the family who runs it is so friendly, helpful and obviously masters of everything Florence. It's clear they've been doing this a long time, and take pride in their service. I would definitely consider this hotel again if I come back to Florence.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hahn74
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hotel Davidantza on our recent trip to Italy. This was a nice hotel with a great location (5 mins walk to most of the attractions, and restaurant/bars). The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. We mostly dealt with Tomas who happens to be the grandson of the person who established the hotel. He was very pleasant, gave us a lot of good information.

The rooms are very clean and fairly spacious. The bathroom was pretty clean, but small like all other Italian hotels. There’s a laptop in every room for use for those that don’t travel without a computer/ipad (who does that these days?). There’s free wifi in the hotel but is really spotty.

The hotel has a free happy hour every evening where they serve red/white wine with some snacks. The happy hour was not too happening when we visited (in November). But, we enjoyed it. It was a nice way to relax after walking around Florence the whole day.

The breakfast was just OK. They didn’t have a big selection. But they have someone who will prepare cappuccinos/lattes from the machine which was a nice touch.

The hotel can be hard to find (no big signs), we walked right by it. There’s is a steep staircase, that you need to climb to the first floor before you can take an elevator to the next level where the reception is at. The stairs can be a little challenging if you have a heavy bag, so be prepared.

We stayed here based on the great trip advisor reviews. What we liked best about this hotel was the location, and the rooms were nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrippinMani
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Davanzati for the first time this past August. There are many fine reasons to recommend this hotel. The location is perfect, the room is large and clean. The breakfast is ample and the happy hour is a nice bonus that allows meeting and greeting other guests. But the Davanzati distinguishes itself through the level of service and customer care they provide. We traveled by car to Florence and could not navigate our way through the confusing maze of poorly marked streets to the hotel. We called the hotel and Fabrizio stayed on the phone with us while we were driving, and calmly talked us over the bridges and through the several turns until we arrived at the front door of the hotel. I know I tested his patience several times while doing this, but upon arrival he met us with a welcoming smile and a warm greeting. This was not the end of his customer service. While in Florence we mailed a package home to the USA. However, the package was not delivered to us, but returned to Florence. Upon learning of this, Fabrizio has been acting as our contact in Florence and dealing with the Italian post office in trying to locate and reclaim our package. He has made calls to the post office, filled out a lost and found form, and communicated back to me on several occasions. It’s truly extraordinary to receive this level of personal service and willingness to assist in any way possible. We obviously highly recommend the Davanzati.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We loved the Davanzati. On our first trip to Florence, it was delightful and a great choice. Room was great; location fabulous, happy hour and breakfast were excellent as well. Can't say enough and will recommend it to all our friends. A wonderful choice.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple