Hotel Casci(Florence)(Great Value!)
$124
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$107
Official Site
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Hotel Roma(Florence)
$155
$269
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $334/night.

$355
$258
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $319/night.

$161
$105
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

FH Calzaiuoli Hotel(Florence)
$251
$210
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

Hotel Brunelleschi(Florence)
$264
$227
Priceline
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $456/night.

$319
$275
Official Hotel Site
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$528
$494
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $562/night.

3,650 results
All reviewshappy hourfree moviesmeet other guestshis sonbruschettacocktail hourmuseum reservationsthis family run hotelrestaurant recommendationsdinner reservationsevery eveningwonderful hotelstreet levelperfect locationinternet accessfavorite hoteltrain station
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I read through all the reviews on tripadvisor and really thought I had found a great property for our 4 nights in Florence... but we were really disappointed with our room. There were 3 of us staying in a superior double, there was plenty of space but the room itself was not at all what we expected... a Best Western in the US would be a good comparison. Although clean, the shower was in the hallway where the closet should have been and in our 4 nights never drained properly although I mentioned it daily. The amenities in the bathroom were never restocked, luckily I had soap with me or we would have had none. The breakfast was decent but nothing special, I went to the happy hour once but the music was really loud so I left right away, not very relaxing. What this hotel does have is an incredible central location that cannot be beat and I would give it a excellent rating just for that. Fabrizio was warm and welcoming and I like the fact that it was family run but this hotel was a disapointment to us, it did not live up to the reviews.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for the second floor?? We were on the first.
5  Thank Jan M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We just came back from a family trip to Italy. We stayed at 6 hotels while there. This hotel was by far the best. The owners Fabrizio and his family were so welcoming and helpful. Making dinner reservations for us at 2 fantastic restaurants. Happy hour and breakfast were two great ways to meet new people. If you preferred you could have your own corner and more privacy. If you're going to Florence this should be your hotel. Great location. Great host's. Clean rooms. What more could you ask for... I'll tell you. I forgot our 5 passports when we checked out and headed to Venice. Fabrizio called my cell, had me pull over on the highway at the next rest area and drove them over 1 hour one way to me. I will guaranty none of the other 5 hotels would have done that for me. Dont miss this place you wont regret it. Steve. Westford Ma USA

Room Tip: the hotel is on a bit of a side street so traffic noise is not a problem in any of the rooms.
4  Thank casey201241925
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Like other reviews, I'm not sure how this hotel got such a high ranking of all of the Florence hotels. Maybe its this hotel's high ranking that had our expectations set too high and led us to be disappointed.

The pros of this hotel -
-great location in terms of walking to museums, shopping, etc.
-clean enough (but room smelled bit musty)
- breakfast was fine
- owners seemed nice and helpful - especially Fabrizio
- Free Wifi and ipads were great

Not so Pros:
Noisy room- we could hear people walking above us at night and also in hallway
Room felt claustrophobic - its was roomy but only had one small window
Happy hour was fine- never saw the owners during this though
Just didn't live up to the great reviews that I read in terms of the room, price, ambience, etc.

We have traveled extensively around Europe since we lived here and have stayed at many great hotels- this one just didn't stick out as being anything extraordinary. Sorry to disagree with the majority here on Tripadvisor -usually my reviews are pretty consistent with the majority but not in this case.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank SeattleliteinEurope
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed with friends and highly in enjoyed our stay where the service was second to none after we had been to Roma and amafli , the family run this like a home away from home with warm greetings from fabricio and his father monitoring the hotel like a gatekeeper at a golf course.

We enjoyed the wonderful location to the stores and the great restaurant and fine advice to get reservations in some of the more popular ones.

The hotel does have a nice climb in getting to your room however once you get there it well worth it.

A great breakfast served by fabricio wife and a warm inviting cocktail recharges ones self before trying out one of the great restaurants. A stroll down to the ponte vecchio bridge rounds of the day.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor to experience the home away from home.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed July 8, 2012

From the very start, our experience with Hotel Davanzati was great. They sent a helpful email right after we made our reservation, and shared good tips about Florence. They reserved some museum tickets for us. They helped out with a near traffic ticket for driving in the city's restricted zone - and that was actually three days before we began our stay with them. Then, upon arrival, we were greeted warmly, helped promptly with luggage, maps, tips, settling in, etc. The happy hour drinks are served in the eating area, with the lights low and some good music on. There's a little to eat, though not much. We got help with a dinner reservation, and even communicating to the restaurant manager that it was my wife's birthday - which resulted in a spirited rendition of "Happy Birthday" (in English) and a complimentary slice of cheesecake with a candle. On the day of our departure, we had to leave the hotel at 4:30 a.m., and not only was a helpful and polite driver waiting for us in the lobby, but also a member of the hotel staff (which I would not necessarily have expected at that hour in a hotel of this relatively small size. They had some yogurt, bread and fruit that we could take along, since we missed breakfast that day. We did enjoy the breakfast service, which was good but unremarkable. The room itself was comfortable for four people (2 adults, 2 kids), with no one relegated to a sofa bed or cot. In room features included a wide and eclectic selection of free on-demand movies (good news for our kids on a hot day in between museum visits), a laptop computer, wi-fi, and even a device to create some "white noise" if the city noise disturbs you. Though in the heart of Florence, the neighborhood did not seem loud to us on our two weekdays in early July. The room had two separate double-paned windows, plus a wooden shutter on the inside, so even if it been a little loud outside I think we'd have been okay. Overall, the only caution I would offer is that elderly guests or those who have any trouble with stairs might be put off by the first flight to climb in order to reach the elevator. They might have a solution to that, but I didn't see it. Worth asking about ahead of time, but otherwise, go ahead and book it - you won't be disappointed.