Hotel Casci(Florence)(Great Value!)
$124
$161
$113
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$107
Official Site
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

$288
$279
$275
$269
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $340/night.

$355
$258
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $324/night.

Hotel Brunelleschi(Florence)
$265
$228
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $436/night.

FH Calzaiuoli Hotel(Florence)
$251
$221
Hotel Roma(Florence)
$156
$142
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$533
$480
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $562/night.

3,649 results
All reviewshappy hourfree moviesmeet other guestshis sonbruschettacocktail hourmuseum reservationsthis family run hotelrestaurant recommendationsdinner reservationsevery eveningwonderful hotelstreet levelperfect locationinternet accessfavorite hoteltrain station
Reviewed April 21, 2012

They had us at "hello". From the moment we arrived our service was excellent....from restaurant recommendations to reservations at local museums....staff could not have been better. It felt more like a B and B with breakfast in am and happy hour in the evening. Accommodations were very nice, comfy bed, wifi and access to laptop and iPads. Location perfect to see the sites of Florence! We would definitely stay again!

1  Thank Nancy2001
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Traveled to Florence for first-time and on short notice. Unable to research or prepare in advance so relied on reviews on tripadvisor.com and Rick Steve's guide to Florence and Tuscany. Hotel Davanzati was in perfect location for seeing sights, and offered excellent amenities for my husband, who was also on business. Husband was thrilled to receive not just one but three complimentary WIFI connections for the room at check in. With laptop, handheld/blackberry, and iPad, this is essential for him to get work done. Davanzati's offerings are far superior to many so-called luxury hotels where he receives one connection for which he also has to pay an additional fee. So very happy with this. For me, traveling as a tourist, I found the location to be superior, very easy to manage. Walked to everything. Having had no time to prepare, was worried that I could not get into the Uffizi and Academie but Fabrizio (2nd generation owner, operator) at the front desk took care of reservations within less than one minute of me inquiring (what a relief; I was told I had to book at least a month in advance!) Similary, did not know where to go to dinner, but in less than one more minute, he assessed what we wanted (how did he know? His intuition plus experience are unsurpassed!) and booked us into a nearby restaurant which turned out to be Michelin rated and right up our alley in terms of quality and preparation of food, price of wine, excellent service, etc.. So thanks to the outstanding service at Davanzati, we arrived in Florence, enjoyed a full day of sight-seeing and ended up at a fabulous restaurant! We did not avail ourselves of the complimentary prosecco and wine from 630-730, as we were taking in everything that Florence had to offer, but we did enjoy a very quick and easy complimentnarybreakfast buffet in the morning before rushing to the airport at 8 for our flight home. Davanzati made our whirlwind less than 24 hour trip to Florence a really memorable one. We would recommend this hotel to folks who are experienced travelers and will appreciate the outstanding personal service. Our clean, comfortable room 210 had very high ceilings, french doors that opened to courtyard (not much of a view, but I love the fresh air in the morning, evening) small clean bath (up small flight of stairs) comfortable bed, plenty of room for all of our bags, and was quiet, in spite of being close to reception area.

Room Tip: You must ascend a very long staircase to enter the hotel; if you have physical challenges that prevent you from climbing the stairs, you need to go somewhere else.
1  Thank HDTH
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Whenever you read similar comments, multiple times, you can be assured that the experience you have will be similar to what others have experienced. This is exactly what we have found. This is a great place to stay. The location is ideal, the service is exceptional and the rooms are clean and comfortable. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We had a fantastic time in Florence and at the Hotel Davanzati. I am very happy to say that after spending a week there I was thrilled especially as I started the week disappointed.

I was really looking forward to this trip, but had a certain level of anxiety as I hadn't stayed in a small hotel (otherwise am a Marriott Platinum member) in over 10 years, but there aren't those kinds of options in Florence city center. Arriving after 24 hours of being awake, was shown to a disappointing room, but due to exhaustion took it to get some sleep and deal with it later. While supposedly a superior double room, this room appeared to me to be much smaller than the examples on the website. When asked to move, I was told it would not be possible that day. By the time I was shown an alternative (which in fact was one of the samples shown on the website and it was not much larger than my room), I decided to stay put, I had gotten used to the room and the move was more effort than it was worth.

So on we went to have in all other parts the typical fabulous Davanazti experience. Enjoyed breakfast and happy hour and iPads for newspaper access. Whoever is manning the front desk always has good options for lunch (our main meal).

Took the direct bus from the airport to train station, 5 Euro, leaves from far right side of terminal every 30 minutes. Took cab back to airport, 25 Euro including charge for 2 bags, the front desk can order a taxi and it was there on time.

There is a full service grocery store 7 minutes from hotel, Conad City VIA DEL MELARANCIO, 7/9 R near San Lorenzo church. It looks like it would be a 7-11 from the outside, but is a full grocery store (incl wine), very deep into the building, and is open on Sunday!

Ate at Marios (2x), 4 Lions (2x), Vino and Vecchio, and Macceochio...all excellent, 35-50 Euro for two including wine, water and two plates each.

Full service post office is on next corner closer to Doumo.

The first couple of days we kept on getting lost as we walked too far too fast...Florence is a really small city, if the map looks like five streets over, the 5 streets are really one street and a couple of alleyways away. Once you slow down and count every alley as a street, you will find yourself where you want to be in short order.

Overall a great trip and the folks at Hotel Davanzati added to the whole experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank trimtabvirginia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed 4 nights in Florence, but only 2 were at Hotel Davanzati, but I sure wish I had spent all of them here. Such great service. I arrived at the train station and took a taxi (about 6 euro), walked up the flight of stairs and took the elevator to the next floor. Reception is warm and cozy and full of wonderful books, pictures and friendly people.

Check in was very efficient and when I mentioned I had forgotten to reserve museum times, it was immediately taken care of for me. I stopped by the social hour and met a few other guests (and ended up going to dinner with another solo traveler). The hotel is right in the heart of Florence and the perfect location. I stayed in a single room, and while small, it had everything I needed. The bed was super comfy. There is a tv with a dvd player and lots of movies to check out for free in the lobby (as well as ipads and video games). There is a wardrobe that has slippers and a safe inside-nice. The bathroom was HUGE! Big shower, fluffy towels, really nice bathroom products. The room had AC unit and temperature control right in the room. The room overlooks a courtyard of sorts, so it was super quiet.

Breakfast was nice with lots of selections. I was there on Easter Sunday so Tomasso recommended I go to the Duomo to see a parade and special festivities (and sent me off with an umbrella since it was pouring rain). Of my 10 day trip, my 2 days at Hotel Davanzati were my favorite! You must stay here if you are going to Florence!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo