All reviewstrain stationgreat hotelminute walkpastriesvia nazionalewithin walking distancebreakfast roomboiled eggsmercato centralewould stay here againcold meatshotel is locatedlate at nightmajor sightsthree nightsdecent sizemain attractions
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Above expectations for a critical consumer. Everything went well. It was a very nice experience. Everything was great including breakfast. Great staff. The wireless internet wasn't working good and the night staff let me use the provided desk computer.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2009

I booked this hotel based on the good reviews on trip advisor and was thoroughly disappointed for staying here during my Florence trip. I arrived early at the hotel because I’d taken an overnight trans-Atlantic flight. Upon inquiring whether it’s possible to check-in early, the front desk person was very rude and not accommodating at all. People leave their luggage unattended in the very small lobby area which essentially only has a couch and two chairs. After staying at this cramped space for the entire morning, during which time, I saw the front desk person dealing with all kinds of complaints from the hotel guests, I was finally given a dim-lit room next to the noisy elevator with a malfunctioned sink. I asked to be switched to another room and was told to wait for another 2 hours. Finally I was given a room on the third floor with no view (the window is facing a wall less than half a metre away). There is no shower curtain for the shower, hence after taking a shower every morning, I found a pool of water splashed all over the bathroom floor. The room smelled terrible and I was told that opening the window would not help as the air is quite bad (which turned out to be true). Finally the cleaning lady (who was very nice) sprayed some air refresher in the room. During my stay, I did not put any of my clothes in the closet because it smelled so bad. On top of this, I was horrified to find mosquito bites on my arms the morning after waking up from sleep. The tiny TV (on the desk) is perhaps 9-inch (looks like leftover from the 80s), and I was never able to make it to work.
The only positive is that the hotel is very centrally located in Florence, and the breakfast is included. Other than that, I find it difficult to say anything positive about this hotel. Thankfully Florence and surroundings offer enough during the day and at night I rarely had to stay in my room.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Vivre_au_Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I have stayed in Florence before & knew what to expect or not to expect from hotels in this class... however the Caravaggio was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel was incredibly clean / spotless, staff were friendly and helpful (they never once charged me full internet usuage & gave me lots of free coffee) and I had a pleasant 6 night stay. The rooms had a nice decor and the bathrooms were all newly rennovated. Like all hotels in Florence, there is some noise from outside and the floors in the hotel are tiled so sound does carry. Breakfasts were adequate and above the usual stock standard fare. There are some good restaurants near by - highly recommend the very tasty 'I Brincello' a two minute walk down the street towards the train station.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I was looking for a central hotel, reasonably priced and yet pleasant enough and I was not disappointed. The problem is that I was given a really noisy room, overlooking the Piazza, so I suggest that when you book you mention the fact that you need a quiet room on the other side. The breakfast was fine and the staff nice and helpful. It is indeed very close to the Railway Station, which means that it takes about 15minutes to walk to the Duomo. Not far, but I would not recommend it for elderly tourists who enjoy walking around in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I stayed at this hotel only for 1 night with my husband and 9 year old son on our month long tour around Europe. It was refreshing to walk into a hotel and have the staff speak perfect english, good enough to joke around with. Check in was easy and the staff organised to have our car parked immediately!! The location of this hotel is excellent, walking distance to everything. The breakfast was also good, the standard european breakfast but still nice. We all had the juice and it was fine... Rooms were clean and most importantly the shower was clean. I had no problems with this hotel, it was recommended to me by my sister inlaw and i certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family