All reviewstrain stationgreat hotelminute walkpastriesvia nazionalewithin walking distancebreakfast roomboiled eggsmercato centralewould stay here againcold meatshotel is locatedlate at nightmajor sightsthree nightsdecent sizemain attractions
Reviewed January 26, 2012

First time here in Florence, it was easy to find this hotel since short walking distance to the train station. No problem at all for late check-in since the front-desk can converse well in English. Complete with elevator, recommended for heavy luggage as well. The room is cozy, clean and complete with all environmental friendly toiletries.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed here as part of my honeymoon in Italy during the summer of 2011. I picked this hotel due to the reviews and price point, both were fairly ok in my books and I expected an ok experience... and I suppose that's what I got.

We arrived mid afternoon on the train and opt'ed to walk to the hotel. It was pretty hot out and you don't realize how far it is until you start walking in the italian sun! It's doable, but I might suggest grabbing a cab if you have luggage. The neighborhood isn't terrible, I felt safe enough on the streets during the day, I wouldn't go walking alone at night. There is a pretty park across the street and lots to eat in the surrounding streets. We frequented the small grocery just down the block a few times for cheaper water/supplies then the hotel offered.

Upon arrival the one thing that sticks out about this hotel is the wonderful staff. The front desk clerk was just great. Very helpful, outgoing and kind to the guests. He gave us a few perks since we were honeymooners such as a view of the dome from our room (it was just a peak a boo view, but was still nice).

The room was average. I didn't feel like it was spotlessly clean, but there was nothing bad about it either. The fabric headboard had clearly not been cleaned since it was hung and showed signs of dirt from past guests heads... ew. I tossed a towel over it and ignored the problem! The bathroom was an ok size and overall the room was ok. The AC worked great and the TV was tiny! (that's ok we weren't there to watch tv).

The hotel was a bit of a walk to the main sights, but nothing terrible. We walked the entire time we were in italy so we were use to the trek. I'd hazard a guess that it was about 10 minutes to the main church and 15 to the main shopping district. Perhaps 10minutes from the train station.

I suppose I expected a bit more glam in Florence, but oh well! It served it's purpose, the staff was great, it was safe and clean and the price was right!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Skigirl25
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've been to Florence several times now, always on a holiday or break. And I always stay here. Short walking distance to everything, very good value, always clean, helpful staff, a lovely wee back garden for a summer drink...everything's good about this place.

I'm reviewing this very late - it's been about a year since my last visit here - but I think it would be remiss of me not to recommend this wee gem to other travellers.

There's a little park out front in which you can sit with some watermelon and watch a little part of the world go by. The street is always fairly busy with locals and visitors alike, and while it is on a thoroughfare, a good day's walking in Florence will mean you'll be too tired to care.

A great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Daytripper1972
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed at the Caravaggio during our stay in Florence (three nights)...and were duely impressed. As soon as we pulled up to the entrance and walked in we were greeted by the front desk attendant who was able to provide answers to the numerous questions we bombarded him with; Where is a good restaurant? Is an ATM nearby? Do you have the number for a tourguide for Florence? Taxi service info etc... We found our room to be a pleasant surprise as well, located on the third floor (elevator access is provided) it was spotless. The queen sized bed was comfortable with numerous pillows and a thick comfortor to keep you warm during the late autumn nights of Tuscany. The bathroom was large enough to accomodate my 6' frame and the shower was immaculate. There was a small fridge in the room to allow for storing drinks or small sundry groceries. The courtyard was extremely nice and was a great place to sit with company and talk about the days activities over a nice drink. The Caravaggio also has a breakfast area and was stocked with a variety of deli meats, cheeses, juices, pastries and espresso machines. The location is fantastic as it's within walking distance from the train station and is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Galleria Dell'Accademia and the Bronze Boar in the Mercato Nuovo. There is also a park in front of the Caravaggio that is a relaxing place to sit and just take in the evening atmosphere that is Firenze. If you need to access the web to print out reservations, there is a business room with desktops and printers available next to the front desk. Overall this was an enjoyable stay for under 90 Euro a night and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lobo1DallasTX
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in November as part of my honeymoon. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and upgraded our room when they heard we were on our honeymoon. The hotel is less than a 10 minute walk from the train station and about a 10 minute walk to the Duomo. Because the streets in Florence don't seem to make much sense it took us a few times trying to find our way back to the hotel from the city center but by the third day we got it. Our room had an excellent view of the Duomo and the hotel had a nice courtyard. The room was big for European standards although our bed was much shorter than the other beds we had in Italy. I am 6'2 and my feet probably hung off the bed by a good foot.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple