“Girls week in Firenze”

Hotel Il Bargellino
Ranked #114 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed May 25, 2007

We planned a girls week in Firenze and booked all the rooms for a combination of 6 nights. The hotel was great - like a home away from home. Carmel and Pino are fabulous it felt like we were staying with family. Carmel was full of information on the sights of Firenze as well as assisting with our day trips to Lucca, Assisi and Rome. Her suggestions for restaurants were excellent and she requested feedback to ensure that we were satisfied with her suggestions. The terrace is awesome and a great way to end the day with a glass of wine.

My accomodations were nice, the room comfortable, spacious and very clean. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank VistaGold

Reviewed May 21, 2007

Several of us chose to visit Florence for six nights and we decided all of us would stay at Hotel Il Bargellino--I am so in love with this place!! Carmel and Pino, the proprietors, have a way of making you feel at home. Carmel made reservations for us at museums prior to our visit and was always prepared with directions and suggestions for restaurants and shops. The hotel is 2 blocks from the train station which made it super easy for excursions. The hotel itself is extremely clean and comfortable and decorated with cool antiques and art. Evenings on the terrace under the stars created such incredible conversations. To top it off--the prices are so reasonable! I will never stay anywhere else when I visit Florence and highly recommend this hotel. Get a group together and rent all 10 rooms!!!

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank Mary L
Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed 4 nights at Hotel Il Bargellino in early May 2007 after a reading a good review in "EyeWitness Travel- Italy". Coming from Australia we were not sure what to expect but we were delighted with our choice. The small, family run hotel was located close to the train station and was within walking distance of all the museums, art
galleries etc. We loved the European ambience of our spacious room with the shuttered window overlooking the cobbled steet. Carmel,
the hostess, was very helpful with local information and also assisted us with bookings for our next destination. We found it very useful that she was bi-lingual as we were not! Hotel Il Bargellino is
excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nellieAdelaide
Reviewed May 16, 2007

We just returned from a whirlwind tour of Italy with stops in Venice, Florence and Rome. By far, our favorite hotel was the Hotel Il Bargellino in Florence.

With its close proximity to the train station, Il Bargellino is easy to find and close to many of the best sights in Florence.

Carmel and Pino are wonderfully warm and friendly with great recommendations for restaurants and sights not to be missed.

The rooms are nicely sized with wonderful furnishings and spotlessly clean. The garden patio is a wonderful respite after a long day of sightseeing and a wonderful place to meet other guests as well as interact with Carmel and Pino.

The cost per night is very reasonable and well worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank RomanStLouis
Reviewed May 11, 2007

Hotel Il Bargellino is close to everything, the hosts and owners Carmel and Pino are friendly and down to earth, and the lovely patio terrace is a refuge and short respite from on-the-go touring. Everything is within walking distance - great restaurants, great art and architecture, and great shopping. We enjoyed quiet nights and great sleep, a lovely room with a bathroom and shower that worked well, and quiet evenings with some snacks, a glass of wine, and good conversation on the terrace patio. We would love to return!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AcuQi
Reviewed May 10, 2007

Hotel Il Bargelino was the perfect place for me to stay while in Florence! It certainly made my experience and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The owners, Carmel and Pino, are very welcoming and are willing to do anything to make their guests comfortable. Do remember their kindness in making museum reservations and the invitations to join them on the terrace! The terrace is a great place to get to know them, meet other guests, talk about different traveling finds, and simply to take part in this beautiful part of Italian culture. I recommend it to all - the kind management, quiant and comfortable rooms, the clean bathrooms, beautiful art and sculpture hallways, and inviting terrace - give it a try!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank wrldtrvl23
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I really enjoyed my stay at Il Bargellino in Firenze. It is located within walking distance of all the sights in the city. I was in the single room, which was comfortable, and not far from the bathroom. The open air terrace was a wonderful place to relax after a day of museums and shopping, perfect for a glass of wine before going out for a delicious meal in the evening. I would have loved to have had coffee available in the morning, but there was a cafe a few blocks away for my morning pick-me-up. Carmel assisted with museum reservations, and with tips on how to get around in the city and the countryside. I will definitely return to Il Bargellino on my next visit to Firenze.

• Stayed: September 2006