“Perfect to visit Florence”

Hotel Il Bargellino
Ranked #114 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The place is clean, the staff is nice and speak English.
The terrace is gorgeous. They have a nice parrot that goes around the place. We stayed 3 nights in a room with shared bathroom. It was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Orzone
ILBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It means so much to us that you took the time!
We hope to have you back in the not too distant future,
Carmel and Pino

We'd also like to take this opportunity to say that all of us (Carmel, Pino, Rosita and Leo) here send our thanks to all of you for the overwhelming outpouring of favorable comments for Hotel Il Bargellino. We work hard to ensure every one's stay is comfortable and it's nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were fortunate to stay at Hotel IL Bargellino for a night in May. What a beautiful hotel. Our room was number 6 with the newly remodeled bathroom which was huge and beautifully appointed. The room had a queen size bed, desk, refrigerator, LaVazza café maker, and wardrobe. The bathroom had a three-mirrored dressing table and a blow dryer in addition to the normal fixtures. The room had an elegant feel to it with very high ceilings and a chandelier. The room was 90 euro a night and included wi-fi. Some rooms open right out onto the big terrace which has many chairs, lounge chairs, tables, and umbrellas for shade.

One will feel very safe and secure at this hotel. There are security cameras so the proprieters know who belongs at the hotel and who doesn’t. The proprieters live on property and are very helpful. Carmen even helped us get parking for our rental car at a rate of 21 euro for 24 hours, as compared with the SMN train station rate of 72 euro for 24 hours. This hotel is very close to the train station so one could easily walk there if you took the train into Florence. I’d advise anyone to get a really good map of Florence. We walked everywhere from the hotel.

Carmen has done a wonderful job on the hotel’s website, listing many helpful tips. She even assists with advanced reservations so one doesn’t have to wait in line at some of the attractions.

Our only disappointment was that we couldn’t stay longer.

Room Tip: Some rooms open directly to the terrace, but room #6 is wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1Happytraveler1USA
Reviewed June 17, 2013

April 2013, Florence, Italy

For 15 days my mother and I had the pleasure of staying with Carmel and Pino, Owners of Hotel Il Bargellino.

This place is what Italy is all about! Emerged in the heart of Florence, just 15 minute drive from the Airport, with in walking distance of the train station, and close to most all of Florence's historical attractions.

The hotel room was nice, clean, and I especially love the terrace, our room was off the terrace, you just step out of your room and there it was.

Carmel, an American, specks both English and Italian; she helped arrange day trips for us, which was a big help, and had great pointers of what to do around the city. Her and Pino were gracious hosts! Love this place.

I would recommend Hotel Il Bargellino to anyone who wants to experience original Italian cultural.

Can’t wait to visit again…ciao ciao Carmel and Pino.

~Cherie Ridenour

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CherieR2
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and really enjoyed our stay at Il Bargellino. Carmel and Pino were very friendly and helpful. My husband loved that Carmel was from Boston. It made him feel more at home, especially since he doesn't speak any Italian. Our room was comfortable and we enjoyed using the Lavazza coffee maker every morning. Felt very safe and that we could leave stuff in our room without worrying. That being said, there is a safe you can leave valuables in. Terrace was relaxing and great way to meet other travelers. Well located and on a street that was not very noisy. Easy walk from both train station and to all attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank denverapp
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is my second stay at Il Bargellino, this time with my sister for four nights in May. I love this small hotel. Rooms are comfortable, the building is charming, location is convenient. The hosts, Carmel and Pino, are the best part as they make you so welcome and are so helpful. Carmel made navigating the bus system easy. This was essential as my sister had trouble walking. We were able to use the terrace this trip (first stay was in February several years ago), and enjoyed meeting other guests there and sharing wine in the evening. It comes with a canopy for shade, plenty of seating, sculpture, flowering shrubs - all in all, a lovely spot away from the clamor of the streets. A resident cat and parrot make it feel like home. Cost is very reasonable. I will not stay anywhere else in Florence.

Room Tip: A room off the terrace is ideal, especially during warmer months. Street-side rooms get some traffi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lenapegirl_8
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel Il Bargellino is so conveniently located to the main attractions in Florence that it made our stay very enjoyable. Carmel and Pino are wonderful. Carmel had lots of information to impart that really helped us out, and Pino was a great joy. The rooms were spacious, and clean, and our room had access to the terrace, which was great to sit outside with coffee and a pastry. A great tip is that there is a laundromat across the street. They wash, dry, fold, AND deliver your clothes to the hotel, for a price comparable to doing it on your own. Saved so much time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jo_Ann000
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stay here.

You'll be happy you did.
Everything about this place was great!
Super friendly from the second I walked in the door.
Being a Bostonian, after reading Carmel was from Boston, I instantly felt drawn to stay here.
I was traveling solo on this part of my trip and this place was EXACTLY what I was looking for + more.
Comfortable, clean, inviting, tons of character.

TIP: Hang out on the patio, drink some vino, chat with other travelers, learns some tips, make some friends, relax.

After having such a good stay in at this hotel in Florence, I didn't want to leave and go to my next destination, Venice!

Is it too soon to come back?!
Thanks for everything Pino, couldn't have been a better experience!

You will see me again!