“unsure”

Hotel Il Bargellino
Ranked #130 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights, would like to thank the honesty of one guest who returned my passport and money. I found the parrot charming and owners helpful and friendly until the last night when we moved to another room. This bathroom was very smelly, and a loud party hosted by the owners changed my opinion entirely. I wish that we had not come back to stay, as we had very little sleep and it put a bad spin on what seemed like a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hope S
There are newer reviews for Hotel Il Bargellino

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I hade the pleasure of staying at Hotel Il Bargellino for 4 nocs October 13-17th. The hotel was clean, welcoming and conveniently located,...a few blocks from the train station,3 blocks to the Duomo, San Lorenzo Market and all historical sights. It felt as if we were at home from the moment we walk through the doors.. We were greeted by Pino who promptly carried our bags upstairs to our room. We stayed in room #8 which was spacious and had french doors leading onto the terrace. Our room was furnished with an Antique desk, head board and spacious amoire. Just beautiful !!! My friend commented the second we walked in the room that "this was what she pictured the feel of Italy would be".. Our private bathroom was immaculate, it appeared to have been recently renovated. Beds were comfy, pillows "just right" and the bedspread charming. In the evenings we sat outside and enjoyed a glass of wine and conversation with other travelers. The terrace is large with several tables and chairs. Plenty of room for everyone. How did we get so lucky !!! Carmel greeted us after we settled in,..she couldn't have been more helpful. She gave directions to all the sights, offered to set up museum tickets, helped with train schedules and made our stay one we will never forget. It was really helpful that she spoke English and Italian. Being able to ask her questions came in handy. She suggested wonderful restaurants for dinners and cafes for my morning cappuccino. Thank you Carmel and Pino,... you both were the perfect hosts and your hotel was the best stop during our visit to Italy. When we return to Florence we will plan on staying with you again....It was truly the "Perfect Find"....Thanks for everything . We had a wonderful time. xoxoxo Marsha +Evie

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
ILBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thanks a million! Your review with photos is worth it! Pino and I hope to have you two back ASAP. That's how much fun it was! Happy Holidays to you and yours, Carmel, Pino and Leo

Reviewed November 4, 2012

After staying at this hotel for three nights last weekend, I don't see any reason to look at any other hotels on my next visit. It's close to the train station, the central market, San Lorenzo, Cappelle Medicee, Santa Maria Novella,, and a 10 minute walk to the duomo. Also it's just barely outside of the Limited Traffic Zone with a parking garage a few doors away, so it's perfect if you are driving. It's clean and nice, and they are very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ILBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you so much!! I can not tell you how much your kindness means.
Carmel and Pino

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Carmel & Pino take pride in their lovely hotel. It's clean, open, and has a beautiful outside rooftop terrace that is a great place to congregate and enjoy the days or evenings.
Our room was nice, tall ceilings and a new bathroom. We had 2 women in one room (2 single beds) and were able to access Wi-Fi directly from our room. Also, our room opened up to the rooftop terrace, which was nice (unless there were people out there late into the evening, which really didn't happen for us). This hotel is located close to the train station and close to the Duomo - the heart of Italy. The only drawbacks I could see for some people would be the fact that there is no lift (for your luggage, you must carry it up one staircase) and that there is no breakfast included. Otherwise, a wonderful gem of a place, and I will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would highly recommend Hotel il Bargellino! It was within walking distance from the train station & near other Florence attractions. Carmel actually helped us get reservations to the Accademia. She & Pino truely made us feel at home. I was impressed from arrival to departure with their service. My husband & I both thoroughly enjoyed the terrace & the conversations with the new people we met there. Stay here! Thank you, Carmel & Pino, for a great experience!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at Il Bargellino for two nights in September. It was one of our favorite places in Italy. Pino was a wonderful host. We stayed in Room 1, which is right off the main entrance. We had a private bathroom, which had a great shower with plenty of water pressure and enough hot water. (I can't say that for other places in Italy). We especially liked having our own expresso coffee maker in our room. That was totally unexpected and we loved having it. The terrace/patio up on the second level was delightful. We enjoyed relaxing up there in the evening with a glass of wine. There was also a convenient clothesline for hanging a few small items. There was a common room that had all kinds of travel books that former travelers had left behind for future guests like books about the Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Tuscany, etc. We were sorry that Carmel was in the U.S. while we were there, because we enjoyed talking with Pino so much. He was very gracious to help us plan our time in Tuscany and he even gave us a very nice map of Tuscany because ours was way too big and unwieldy. We would not hesitate to recommend Il Bargellino.

Room Tip: Room 1 was fine, even though it was on the street side. The noise from outside was not bothersome t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stay here! Wonderful hosts, great rooms, lovely outdoor terrace (with a parrot!) very sociable so no hiding in your rooms! But also private if you wish. Close to some very very good resteraunts such as Trattoria "I due G" di Firenze (great Rose wine - Ruffino). Fantastic paintings around the house.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends