“I love Roberta”
Review of Roberta

Ranked #39 of 341 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Our articles, strictly made in Italy are supplied in our three shops in downtown Florence.We are in a position to give you a large collection of leather, silk and cachemere accessories, in particular gloves, bags, scarves and ties.
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Every time I visit Florence I buy something from Roberta - a gorgeous handbag, a purse, a scarf or a tie! Their range, up-to-date style & quality is totally reliable. It's the perfect place to pick up gifts for friends back home and I can never resist something for myself!

3  Thank CybeleSydney
in 20 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2010

My wife and I have had the privilege of taking students to Italy every other year for the past 12 years. In Florence, we have always used some of our free time away from the group to stop at Roberta's across the Ponte Vecchio bridge. The past two times, however, we have invited the students to visit this great shop if they wanted to bring back a beautiful tie or scarf. To our surprise, fifteen of our students came with us to Roberta's this year, where we literally filled the shop. Discounts abounded for the students, which was much appreciated. We heard later that another group of our students returned to Roberta's two nights later. Ties, scarves, and beautiful handbags left the store that night along with complimentary scarves for the women in the group.
Shopping in Italy is often a personal experience, and Roberta's is a perfect example of this truth.

6  Thank Larsbjorn
Reviewed February 6, 2010

On my first visit to Florence, 17 years ago, I crossed the Ponte Vecchio and turned onto the tranquil Borgo San Jacopo. Drawn by a window display of gloves in luscious colors, I entered a tiny shop, staffed by a lovely young lady and full of elegant handbags. The shop was Roberta and the young lady was the owner's daughter, Roberta.

A visit to the shop has been a highlight of my subsequent 22 trips to that magical city, not only for the amazing quality, style and moderate prices of the goods, but to visit with Roberta and her brothers, whose adjacent store features a beautiful selection of scarves and ties. Florence has changed so much over the years (and not always for the better), but Roberta and her shop remain as elegant and welcoming as ever, and continue to exemplify the best of the city's warmth and artistry.

7  Thank Raleighiresident
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I HATE to shop. My wife LOVES to shop. That being said, my wife and I spent a long weekend in Florence. We spent countless hours in and out of stores. I have worked retail much of my life and appreciate exceptional service. That is exactly what we encountered at Roberta's. From the moment we walked in, we were treated as if we were his only customers of the day.

The quality of the hand bags was outstanding. My wife purchased a red leather bag. The price, although reasonable for leather, was still more than what we wanted to pay. Our clerk was able to come down enough for us to buy it. The selection of not only hand bags but of silk scarves and ties was amazing, especially for how relatively small the shop is. We also purchased a dozen scarves and a tie for me.

I put a lot of emphasis on how I am treated when I shop. I also want to know that I am dealing with a knowledgable salesperson. Both of these criteria were not only met but surpassed. I encourage EVERYONE to stop into this wonderful shop. You will be glad you did.

6  Thank RVIDI
See more reviews
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Every year I cannot wait to renew my Summer love affair with Firenze. I stay at the fabulous, most welcoming hotel in the City, The Grand Minerva, Piazza Santa Maria Novella. The first shop I head for is Roberta, Via Dei Banchi, just a few steps from the hotel. The shop is classy and small, and the beautiful leather bags, silk scarves and gloves are beautifully presented. An array of styles and colours of the rainbow. The prices are so reasonable for the superior quality.
Riccardo, who owns the shop and Hidecko his assistant are
so welcoming, patient and helpful. They immediately offer you a cold drink if you appear hot and flustered. Nothing is too much trouble for them. If you do not want to carry your purchase, he will even take it to your hotel for you, or you can leave an order and he will mail it to your home.
I now have about 15 handbags, umpteen scarves and gloves,as I cannot resist the superior quality. Friends who see my collection insist I bring back items for them as well. It's a good job that I motor from the UK to Firenze otherwise I would not be able to carry all my purchases.
Riccardo and Hidecko are now special friends of mine, and I always make time to share an evening dinner with them after they close the shop.
When you are in Firenze, you should not miss an opportunity to visit Roberta's, you will not be disappointed. Just say Mary from the UK recommended you. You will probably get a good discount!

4  Thank mugello