I'll give points on things I find important:
- Location: 8/10 It's very close to the train station, really easy to find and close to the centre of Firenze.
- Room: 4/10 We had the room at ground level that "looked out" on the terasse. It was a really dark room and the bedspread was stuffy and old. The first night we pulled it of the bed and I sneezed like ten times. I would recommend removing those old bedspreads and the carpets too and put some more lights in the room. Positive is the airconditioning. Worked like a charm :)
- Hygiene: 6/10 because of the bedspread en carpets. The bathroom was clean :)
- Breakfast: 9/10 delicious! I think everyone can find something they like. Coffee is a bit strong (well let's say you can rise the dead with this coffee ;) but I guess that's typically for Italian coffee. One minor point: it says breakfast is served from 07.00 am but if you want everything to be ready better wait until around 07.30 am. We early birds (07.00 am sharp) finished our breakfast every morning and when we finished they were still setting some things in place...
- Hospitality: 9/10 Very friendly staff! Very helpfull. They answered all our questions, offered a map from firenze when we checked in, when we checked out they offered to keep our bags for us without us even having to ask...
Then finaly there is a big 0/10. I'm sorry but I have to mention this too. Maybe it's just our room because of its proximity to the breakfast room but the noise in the morning woke me up really early. I find peace and quiteness really important and that was a big fail in this case...
All in all I was happy staying here. Price/quality-wise it's a good deal. I would not give this hotel 4 stars though, rather 3 stars.
Average score (adding up the previous ones): 6/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adler Cavalieri Hotel is an hotel in the heart of the historical centre of Florence. The hotel is located in Via Della Scala, the old wayfarers' road to the city centre. The Hotel palace was built on the ruins of an ancient monastery dated back to 1300, right in front of the old Santa Maria Della Scala Hospital, from which the street took its name. The hotel is just a few steps from the main railway station of SANTA MARIA NOVELLA and Florence exhibition-congress centre FORTEZZA DA BASSO. Hotel guests can reach all the most important Florence monuments in few minutes' cheering walk: the DUOMO, PIAZZA DELLA SIGNORIA, PONTE VECCHIO, PALAZZO PITTI, SANTA CROCE, and the historical areas placed on the hills around the city. The Hotel has 60 comfortable and elegant rooms air conditioned and equipped with all the modern technologies ( SAT TV, High-speed internet connection free of charge, regulation of temperature ) Our guest can have cold and breakfast in our Restaurant at the Ground floor and in our garden during the summer season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, ACCOR, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adler Cavalieri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adler Cavalieri Florence
- Adler Cavalieri Hotel Florence