We initially chose JK Place because of its convenient location near the Santa Maria Novella train station and because it’s also within walking distance to many cultural attractions, restaurants and shops in the heart of medieval Florence. We ended up really liking this hotel’s seamless mix of historic and modern ambiance. The hotel’s sitting room, dining area, library and other common areas are very stylish, comfortable and inviting places to relax in with a nice glass of wine after exploring the city. The service was impeccable too. The concierges provided excellent recommendations and gladly arranged advanced tickets to several museums for us. The concierge staff made dinner reservations for us at the nearby Enoteca Il Santo Bevitore, just over the Ponte alla Carraia bridge on the south side of the Arno River. It was an amazing dining experience and the best meal we had in Florence (even better than the tasting menu we had at Michelin 1-Star Ristorante Ora d'Aria). JK Place’s sidewalk café was also wonderful, offering a great view of the Piazza Santa Maria Novella and the Basilica. The JK Café also offered very good cuisine and a great wine selection.
We thought the style, comfort, size and privacy of the secluded two-story Penthouse Suite were ideal. We also loved the large, luxurious, bathroom that was very well-appointed with a two-person soaking tub, a separate two-person shower and large windows overlooking Florence. The delicious breakfasts as well as the many amenities and little “extras” offered by the hotel were very much appreciated too. The suite’s outdoor terrace was a perfect spot for breakfast every morning and the view of Cappelle Medicee, the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio and the rooftops of Florence from the terrace and bathroom was absolutely magnificent. JK Place is a wonderful boutique hotel in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort, sophistication, style and value right in the heart of Florence. J.K Place has carved out an exceptionally pleasant niche for itself, a niche that’s just seconds from the door of the stunning church of Santa Maria Novella. All the major sites are within easy walking distance. The rooms: Just twenty of them, snazzy, characterful, no two are alike, and all with signature soft furnishings in creams, granges and neutrals offset with contrasting piping in an effortlessly chic Anouska meets Ralph love-in. The glass covered courtyard and roof terrace beckon on warmer days whilst winter afternoons are best spent huddled by the fireplace in the J.K Lounge with a thick slice of cake and a steaming hot cioccolata con panna. Add very friendly, discreet service plus probably the city’s best Concierge and you are just asking for a good time! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your JK Place Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jk Place Firenze Florence
- Jk Place Firenze Hotel Florence