JK Place Firenze
Hotel Sole(Florence)
Unicorno(Florence)
Grand Hotel Minerva(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelpiazza santa maria novellatrain stationcommon areas arefour seasonshotel is beautifulfavorite hoteldeluxe roomhome away from homefree mini barrooftop terraceour honeymoonpleasure of stayingbreakfast roomrooms are smallfresh fruitthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2013

- Gorgeous design features, helpful staff, nicely appointed rooms, great location right off the SMN piazza, cosy boutique size = makes this the perfect hotel if you are traveling to beautiful Firenze.

- Side note: The Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella is just around the corner - be sure to drop in to experience this centuries old perfume/soaps/lotions maker. Yes, you can pick up their items in branches around the world, but the original location is literally across the hotel

- Eating notes: il Santo Bevitore in the Oltrano is our usual choice for dinners in Firenze ~ well executed dishes using top quality Tuscan ingredients. Otherwise, for something different, check out the salt theatre (headsup that there's a small fee charged for one time membership) that Cibreo puts on ~ you get a show and a delicious meal with Chef Picchi screaming dish names out, all in one bill.. it doesn't get more fun than this!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flubetti
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Amazing small hotel - impeccable service and inviting sitting rooms in lobby to spend time for drinks - bedroom was small but extremely comfortable - staff were very helpful in prebooking Uffizi etc and with dinner reservations

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this wonderful 'hotel' in Florence. I had struggled with the decision of where to stay as the Jk Place is fairly expensive but I was so thrilled with my decision. the location is excellent ,the hotel warm and inviting even on a cold rainy winters day. The staff are superb and did everything to make our stay in Florence extra special. I had not organized anything for our trip in advance but Angela and Carmen organized a wonderful guide Nadia to show us the wonders of Florence for 2 Half days.All the staff helped us with dinner reservations and put real effort into choosing where we should dine...The breakfasts are wonderful,the fireplace burns,the candles flicker and the aroma of the hotel lingers in my memory..

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJ S
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very conviently located from the train station, therefore walking is very possible

Not much ammenities nearby though, but theres a pub beside, a few walks to the shopping streets

Thumbs up for the service from the hotel management

We arrived around 11pm on the first night and they still managed to wait for us and cook us dinner

Very good service

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was in Florence in 29 Jan to 1 Feb 2013. We were a group of 4 travelers and made bookings of the Classic and Superior rooms.

This boutique hotel is conveniently located in the Santa Maria Piazza which is like 5 minutes walk from the S.M. train station of Florence. So, don't be silly and refrain from ordering a taxi! We were greeted by very attentive staff, they knew exactly who we were as guests and handed out our keys readily even at 10:30pm. The kitchen stayed opened for our orders even though they were supposed to be closed by that time and I must say although the food wasn't that gourmet great, we were more impressed with the kind hospitality extended to us on the first night.

The setting for the hotel is like a home (with style). You don't check in at a front desk but in a mini library study and the restaurant replicates a sitting area of a Florentian home. It's all very cosy and well thought of given the space that they have to deal with. This move actually does add a special touch which is simply refreshing apart from the usual commercial hotels. Don't expect a pretentious grand lobby, polished marble floors or tall ceilings either.

The decoration and staging for this hotel is rather immaculate. The guy who spent his time doing this must be a real pro. (I know, I am an interior designer!) Overall, it is a nice place to be in and it seriously makes you feel that you've arrived in a special place. The rooms are small as with all oldish Italian buildings. But they remain well appointed and equipped with a free mini bar, proper showers and they even fitted a four postal bed into a tiny Classic room which I took. It added a rather romantic feel to things although I was alone in my room all the time. Looking at my friend's Superior rooms though which are only slightly bigger, I wouldn't trade mine over for theirs. All they had extra - a bathtub which you had to enter to take a normal shower.

Their rooms look blend as compared to mine. And although I had a very big framed mirror on the side of the bed to get used to..... I slept rather well in the linen. Which was surprising because the linen didn't actually feel that it had a threadcount. It was undoubtedly quite raw which isn't that good if you slept without a top (or bottoms) off!

It is not easy to find a hotel that offers breakfast inclusive of room rates in Italy (just ask Armani in his snooty Milan hotel). It just shows how bothered JK Place is about being a perfect host. It wouldn't have cost an establishment much for a simple array of pastries, fruit, basic latte or cereal and they gladly coughed up a set eggs menu too. There was ample to eat and a butler was always there to cater to our requirements with the coffee types and eggs fancies.

I would recommend this hotel to mainly couples though. It just felt a bit of a waste that the wife wasn't there! JK Place is quiet, classy, understately dressy and definitely not pretentious. The photos on their website do not lie. You do get what you see there and it is just better to be immersed in it.

A great way to start your visit to Florence. Bravo!

Room Tip: Just take the Classic room. Or cough out for the suites.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business