Santa Maria Novella Hotel
$344
$334
Priceline
1,755 results
All reviewstrain stationmarble bathroombeautiful hotelroom overlooking the piazzabeautiful piazzaarriving by trainbreakfast roomwithin walking distanceroof terracejunior suitebeautiful roomperfect locationshort walkloved this hotelfavorite hotelsitting roommajor attractions
Reviewed December 10, 2013

At an unbeatable distance from the train station, it's very easy to find this hotel from the reviews on Trip Advisor even though the sign is literally tiny! Check in was quick and fuss free. The adventurous part is navigating between several adjoining buildings, various levels and two lifts, but nothing too cumbersome.
Our room on the 6th floor was very spacious with a separate closet area (very convenient for two large suitcases!) and the bathroom was more than a pleasant surprise with beautiful Italian marble, heated towel stand and a large tub. Specially recommended is the room with a view as the view of the piazza from our window was a pleasure to wake up to every morning and a delight at dusk. The front desk staff (especially the young lady with the beautiful curly hair, can't recall her name!) cannot be recommended enough, who went the extra mile for us, getting all the communication with our hotel in Sorrento done. This was by far the best hotel we stayed in Italy.
I would revisit Florence in a heartbeat and would gladly stay at the Hotel Santa Maria Novella again!

Room Tip: Choosing a room with a view on the 6th floor will definitely be worth paying for!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nygt35
SMNovella, Direttore at Santa Maria Novella Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your review. We are glad to read that you had a nice and confortable experience at the Hotel Santa Maria Novella, we have passed your kind words to the staff.

Best Wishes

Reviewed November 27, 2013

You cannot beat location. 10 minute walk from train station and centered between Ponte Vecchio Bridge and Duomo. Perfection. Breakfast was excellent both food and service, cappuccinos, homemade hot chocolate for the kids and great attitudes for the hotel staff. For families, 206 and 207 are great connecting rooms. Hotel is beautiful in every way - bathrooms, lobby, bar, fitness room, terrace, and breakfast room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BJAJDA
SMNovella, Direttore at Santa Maria Novella Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for leaving this nice review of your experience at the Hotel Santa Maria Novella and we are glad to read that you and your family enjoyed our bar service and our staff.
We thank you again for your kind review, Best Wishes

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel is an amalgamation of at least two (maybe three) hotels, so it is a bit of a rabbit warren. The floors between the different sections aren't perfectly aligned so there is endless up three steps down two steps if you go form one side to the other. There are also multiple lifts that go to the different floors so it's not your classic hotel design.

I booked this well in advance as I wanted the best room in the hotel. I can 't recall the room number but we got the suite in the same section reception was in. If you check the website, it's the room with the circular window. The room itself, was very roomy, with an excellent bathroom including fantastic bath.

Then there was the terrace. I had made sure we would get a balcony at least when I booked. What we got was just amazing. It's actually the rooftop terrace intended for the whole hotel. As usual, you have to pay more for this room but we found it to be amongst the best places with a wonderful view of the piazza as well.

The service was exceptional and always friendly, especially enjoying a drink in the afternoon at the bar. We arrived on a Friday evening and the lift worked long enough to get our bags up, and then it died. No lift mechanic available on a Saturday (how Italian) so for our 3 nights we had to walk up and down. Not a deal breaker but a minor glitch.

I ate fruit for breakfast for my first month in Europe. When I say the crispy bacon at the Santa Maria, that diet went overboard and I loaded up on the best bacon I have ever had. Walking the stairs probably helped me burn some of those carbs.

Room Tip: There is only one room to get. The top floor suite with the round window (check their website). The terrace is big enough for a party for the whole hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1800hammer

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to write your nice review of your recent stay at the Hotel Santa Maria Novella and we glad to hear that overall, even if unfortunatly the elevator that join your nice room was not working, you enjoyed your hotel stay in particular our breakfast , the view and our bar service. We apologize again for the malfunction of the elevator and we sincerly hope to see you again in the future at the Hotel Santa Maria Novella.

Best Wishes

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location and nice decoration. It is more expensive than other hotels on the same street. However, for a four star hotel, there is no iron and body lotion available. I think this is quite inconvenient for travellers. Also when we arrived earlier at around noon time, there is no early check in. We need to wait till 2:00pm for check in.
So we like the location, the buffet breakfast and the decoration. The room is a bit small. I think they can improve by providing iron and body lotion in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed overnight and enjoyed the very comfortable room, charmingly decorated, with a wonderful marble clad bathroom. The room was clean, quiet and spacious enough for a single person. Only defect, mosquitoes woke me up all night so I slept not so well. But I recommend it nevertheless

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo