The location is perfect as it is central to all activities. Less than a five minute walk to the train station. We had tours booked every day with meet-up locations 2 minutes away. Shopping and restaurants are plentiful from the hotel.
Negatives were the front desk personnel could be more friendly except for one of the nighttime male managers; he was so wonderful and helpful. Daytime staff was curt, short-tempered and annoyed. Maybe because we were Americans? Don't know.. I do have to say on the positive side that any request was dealt with lighting speed.
Rooms are large, beautiful and clean. Pick your battles I guess.
You also have to look carefully for the hotel sign. We couldn't find it. Hotel name is on the welcome mat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the rooms are furnished with air conditioning/heating, direct dial telephone, free Wi-Fi internet connection or lan cable connection, hair-dryer, minibar, bath or shower, electric safe, flat screen tv, courtesy set of "Officina Santa Maria Novella," vanity mirror, sleepers, tea pot with herb tea. Superior room with view has a splendid view over the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella, flat screen TV, mini-bar and a splendid marble bathroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Santa Maria Novella Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Novella Florence
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella