“Great escape from busy Florence”
Review of I Parigi

I Parigi
Ranked #86 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great place only 15 minutes from busy and hot Florence. You really need a car, because the steep hill to the hotel is not for walking. And with a car it only takes you 15 minutes till the city center.
Our room (11) had a terrace, which was very nice during the hot days.
The view from the swimming pool is magnificent (over the Tscan hills).
Don't expect much from the breakfast, that was very minimal. Just the necessary to get you started in the morning. You'd rather go to a pasticceria if you want to enjoy Italian specialties. And the breakfast lady was a bit grumpy.

Room Tip: We had a room with a terrace, which is very nice during hot days (we had room 11).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AstridWitteveen
There are newer reviews for I Parigi

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had an excellent stay here. very peaceful retreat towards the country side of Florence. the rooms are neat and service very discreet. Amazing view from the back yard garden. Though it is a bed and breakfast, they provide with meals as well during the day but only at lunch or dinner time. The two brothers who run the place are very helpful and courteous and would be willing to go out of their way for any of your requests.

The only drawback is the nearest market (small town) is around 15 minutes drive from here in case you wish to buy something.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the pool which is kind of hidden.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ketankakar
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a bit of a hard time getting to the B&B via bus and were not prepared for the steep hill climb with our luggage in the rain, but once we arrived it was wonderful. The room was beautifully decorated, clean, and the perfect setting to relax. The views from the property are breathtaking and my husband and I enjoyed watching the sun set over the Tuscan countryside. The breakfast spread was pretty standard but plenty of options and we left full. After traveling around Italy for a week, this was the perfect stop to unwind and get a good night's rest.

There is a restaurant at the bottom of the hill (La Certosa) where we ate dinner and received a special menu for I Parigi guests that included an antipasta plate, Florentine steak, roasted potatoes, and a bottle of wine and mineral water for 25 euros per person.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AB060708
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at Il Parigi for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute. The rooms are lovely, the pool is great and the reception staff are extremely helpful. The uphill climb to the hotel is a little strenuous if you don't have a car but it is definately worth it. The 37 bus takes you into the centre of florence in 15 mins.
Thoroughly enjoyed our time at this hotel and would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lauralouise4234
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The I Parigi is located high on a hill over looking the Tuscany hillside. It takes about ten minutes to walk down to the bus stop where you catch bus 37 into Florence. Walking back up the hill to the hotel will take you longer. Unless you are a mountain goat, you will start to dread this hike at the end of the day. If you have a vehicle then disregard the hike.

Breakfast is adequate but you will pay for drinking water in your room. We were told the tap water was okay to drink even though it doesn't taste good.

The staff were professional and friendly. The setting is beautiful. I highly recommend staying at this Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChiangMaiJim68
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just outside Florence you can reach it by car or can even take the ATAF number 37 bus which runs to and from the central train station. It is a beautiful spot with a magnificent view. The rooms were clean, of ample size with all the usual hotel amenities provided.
I would rate this hotel average simply because of the cost to value ratio. There are a few things which I would expect from a hotel within that price range. We stayed in the upper left wing of the building where the walls were extremely thin. You could here the people in the next room cough. We were conscious of this and watched movies with headphones because we didn't want to wake my father in the next room. A hotel is supposed to be a break, I want to be able to relax and not have to worry if I have to sneeze or flush the toilet.
Breakfast was included in the price but was very difficult to enjoy. The fresh from frozen croissants were a nice touch and I would have been pleased to eat them had they not been burned both days I breakfasted there. There was a ham that look like the cheapest possible option and their juice was more like kool-aid, which is something i don't ever like to drink, especially not for breakfast. Yes, kool-aid, burnt croissants and spam, I can't wait for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper left wing have very thin walls.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tomamica
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Whilst the hotel is a bit tricky to spot (off the main road on a hill) offers very nice views of Tuscany. Moreover the rooms are cosy, warm, and clean, and well, the place is a castle, so it manages to keep this romantic feeling. We got a room upgrade, which was perfect. The breakfast was not a splurge, but everything in was good quality (espresso machine, cheece and prosciutto, eggs, little croissants, cereal).
If you have a car then this is a good place to spend your nights. There is no much chance going somewhere on food, and the bus connection is poor. But provided that you are willing to drive, the fair prices, the nice scenery, the friendly service will compensate for the steep hill.
I would definetely visit this place again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple