“Very interesting hotel”

Ranked #133 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Dublin, Ireland
“Very interesting hotel”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed for two nights in summer and found the hotel to be just what we wanted. It was a bit outside the hectic city centre but only a short 20 minute walk away from it (plus a free shuttle service for the lazier morning).
The rooms are certainly a bit quirky (like LED lights around the bed) and the bathrooms are really nice.
We booked the executive room - which wasn't particularly big, but the free mini bar was very nice to have available!
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Vittoria, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations; Customer satisfaction is a primary goal of UNA Hotels & Resorts.
We are satisfied that you have appreciated our hotel and services, all our staff is trained to establish a friendly relationship with the Guests and follow the “UNA services guide” personalized to please every Guest, who confirm everyday to the Management this attitude.
Who instead love to walk surrounded by florentine ancient buildings, walking through the historical San Frediano area, or along the Arno River, you arrives to Gold Bridge more and less 20 minutes.
UNA Hotel Vittoria is a new emotional expression for a hotel planned to amaze guests with its extraordinary modern design realized in the 84 rooms and in the public areas of bar, restaurant and conference rooms, evocating the ancient Florentine spirit of hospitality. We regret you didn't appreciate the style of our hotel.

Maurizio Lavetti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Vittoria in Florence for 2 nights for a work trip last month and absolutely loved the hotel. It is aesthetically stunning and it in times when Hotels are suffering it is great to see great hotels still doing well. They are doing their best to thrive by offering quality and if all companies did the same, we'd be way better off.

However, there was only little thing that niggled me and so I had planned on rating the hotel 4 stars. Before had a chance to do so, I filled in the Hotels feedback form, expressing my disappointment at the one niggly thing... It wasn't a huge deal, but I felt as though they would want to know about it. A few weeks later, I received a well written response to the questionnaire with an added bonus attached to it.

If all business's were willing to listen to the customer like this one, travelling would be a much better experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KevinK_1234
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Kevin,

TOronto
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here recently for several nights during our time in Florence. From the start we were very pleased with the look and cleanliness of the hotel; it is very clean and always smells wonderful. The staff are very helpful and friendly and didn't have one problem with regards to that. I guess my only dislikes about the hotel were that the pictures on the website are slightly misleading. We stayed in the executive room expecting it to be more spacious and grand, but it really was neither of those things. Sure, the executive room might actually be bigger than the other rooms, but due to the layout it feels a little suffocating; narrow hallways a closet that is too big (that closet space should really be part of the bedroom) and the sleeping area is just its own space and you can't go anywhere or move too much. The bathroom however was fantastic, big, clean, nice shower and huge bathtub - amazing. But really, I expected more from the rest of the room vs. just a long hallway that leads right to a bed, which you don't realize from the pictures on the website. The only other dislike, and this is my own fault, is the distance to the city centre. It doesn't appear too far on a map, but if you're casually walking its a good 25 minute walk to the centre where all the things to do are. It would be different if during that walk there was stuff to see/do, but there really isn't, you're sort of just walking along a street lined with typical buildings as cars fly by. But again, this is my own fault, I should have clocked it on a map before booking and looked at pictures of the nearby streets/routes to the centre.

Overall though, its a great hotel with great amenities and great staff and I would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers to Florence. We had a very nice stay here.

Room Tip: Executive room is not as fantastic as you might think; its quite small and oddly laid out. Its a gre...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Corey B
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Corey,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hotel.

The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff is friendly, professional and helpful. I also was pleased with the breakfast and the other things we ate at the hotel during our stay.

There are some quirks though:
-the decor is "unique"
-in the Superior category (not sure about the other categories) of rooms, the showers are enclosed in glass and run along the interior hallway of the room. So if are sharing the room with someone, there is no privacy when you shower
-the lighting and power systems of the rooms require your key to be in the slot by the door. So your phone/tablet/laptop won't charge while you are away from the room unless you leave a duplicate key in the slot.

There are few eating options in close proximity to the hotel. The restaurants that are in the neighborhood are good though and we enjoyed them.

The hotel is a 35 - 45 minute walk or a +/- 10-13 euro cab fare to the center of town. We frequently asked the hotel to call us a cab and it never took more than a few minutes to arrive.

Overall I think the hotel was a great value, very very clean and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: There are two areas of rooms. One area is accessed in the front of the building (in between the main...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, December 10, 2013

Modiin
Reviewed November 24, 2013

During our recent trip to Italy we got to spend a couple of nights at the Una Hotel Vottoria in Florence.
The hotel is good in it`s quality and the room was one of the largest and most comfortable ones we stayed in. The quality of everything starting with the bed, the linings, the towels, the design of the room the lighting of it, the space in it, everything seemed like a lot of thought and money have been invested it.
Yet, the hotel is not at all close to the city center and its main attractions. The surreal design at some points was a bit too much and did not give the feeling of warmness and coziness that one might want while away from home. The room had lots of different options of lighting non of which gave enough light.
The staff was nice and helpful and even recommended us one of the best restaurants we have ever went too. One of which we would have never found on our own.
The quality of our sleep was super at this hotel but yet the distance from the center is something to consider, especially when travelling with children.
One last thing, the restaurant of the hotel was fine for breakfast, not more then that. Try not to eat there at night. There are much better places in Florence.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub in the room ask for it as not all rooms have them. Take into account the batht...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adar C
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having spent some of your time to leave your precious comment on UNA Hotel Vittoria, that will allow us to verify the quality of our services and to approach more and more to your expectations.
We have taken note of your opinion, UNA Hotel Vittoria is a new emotional expression for a hotel planned to amaze guests with its extraordinary modern design realized in the 84 rooms and in the public areas of bar, restaurant and conference rooms, evocating the ancient Florentine spirit of hospitality.
Our restaurant serves typical Tuscan and Italian cuisine for lunch and dinner with a good price.
Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my

Best regards

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is great fun boutique style with the deepest bath we've ever sat in. Great value for money very helpful staff. It's about 20 mins walk from the main attractions but the area it's in has some amazing arty bars and was home to our favourite restaurants a in florence (none of which we would have found if we'd stayed in the centre of town). Would recommend this hotel if you are don't mind a walk and want to hang out where the young Italians do...

Room Tip: You can upgrade to an executive room for 25 euros a night but only worth it if you really like a bat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Maurizio_Lavetti, Direttore at UNA Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Rob,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here with some friends for three nights. The front desk was very friendly and professional, gave us some tips for how to catch the bus and how to get around to places. The room was very interesting, what with the LED lights embedded into the walls and the bar seating at the foot of the bed. I can't complain though—it was interesting in a good way. My only complaint would have been that the lighting was a bit too dark in the room. There was a reading light, but it was rather feeble and won't stretch enough to illuminate a full page of a book if you're planning on doing some bedtime reading.

What was slightly creepy and slightly cool was that the door to each room is painted with the full-body portrait of some historical figures—Italian aristocrats, I presume. The effect is cool but can be very creepy if you're going back to your room by yourself and you're confronted with all these medieval figures standing in front of each door, staring at you. The breakfast was included in our room price, and was very good. A good range of sweets and savories, and the service was efficient in getting out the coffee and tea.

The main negative on this place is that its location is a bit far from the train station. It's located on the opposite side of the river Arno, and it's about a 15-minute walk back. There's a bus that'll get you pretty close, as well as a free shuttle the hotel operates, though that only goes from sometime around 9AM to 7PM, or thereabouts. The plus side of the location is that it's relatively close to some local haunts and great eateries, such as the restaurants around Santo Spirito, as well as the gelateria La Carraia—best gelato I've ever had.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We have taken note of your opinion, Located in the historical quarter of San Frediano, near the Lungarno, UNA Hotel Vittoria offers to all of our guests a free shuttle service from/to Santa Maria Novella Railway Station, located in the heart of the city, at fixed time in the morning and afternoon; ask directly to hotel the time table via mail, or upon the ceck-in a the Reception. Adjacent the hotel is also available the public Bus n. 6, who takes you directly to the Santa Maria Novella Railway Station, city-centre and to the Fiorentina’s Stadium.
Wishes to have you again our Guest, I send you my best regards