“Centrally located.”
Review of Hotel Colomba

Hotel Colomba
Ranked #76 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The room we stayed at was very comfortable for a family of four ( with two teenagers). It's clean and nicely decorated. The owners and staff were very friendly and breakfast was very good. However, the hotel and reception desk is on the second floor, and the elevator is so small, you'll have to make several trips if you have big suitcases. This hotel is centrally located and close to major sites.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Colomba

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family, 2 adults and a teenage son stayed her for 2 nights in August and really enjoyed it. By far, the most impressive comment I can make is that the staff will make your stay here pleasureable. They offer assistance and the manager's English is excellent so you don't feel like there is ever a language barrier. We had a rental car and although it was a bit difficult to find, once we did, we checked in and they took our car to a parking garage for us. Well worth the cost $15 Euro's to park it for you. The location of the property is excellent. You are only a couple of blocks from the market and all major sights. It's also very easy to find your way back because of the central location. We walked everywhere and had no problems at all. Our room was a triple and it was quite large. The air conditioning was perfect. The bathroom was on the small side by efficient and eveyrthing was very clean. The maid service was perfect and we were always quite comfortable. The breakfast was very good - great selection and the cappucinos were awesome. It was a terrific experience, friendly staff, clean accomodations and perfect location. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice small hotel, family owned (nice friendly people). Nothing super fancy...but clean, comfortable and in a FANTASTIC location for a fare price!

Our room was actually really large, with a pretty small bathroom. The decor is clean, but nothing super modern or fancy...

The breakfast was very nice. Great coffee!

The best part of the stay was the hospitality of the owners and the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilusham
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and found it fantastic. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast included espresso/ latte coffee which was nice and a good selection of cereals, pastries etc. The room was spacious and very clean. Location was fantastic we walked to all the main sites and the train station which is only 10 min walk . I would happily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am an Australian who travelled to Italy for a break from work recently. I loved my holiday and especially my stay in Florence. The accommodation at Colomba Hotel added to my terrific experience. The hotel is in a great location and was very clean and comfortable. A special mention to all the staff who where exceptionally friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to return to stay at Hotel Colomba in future and recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I (two teenager kids) had a wonderful time at Colomba Hotel. The hotel is near everything, the room is clean and comfortable and breakfast is very good. But what made the real difference for us was the owners and the hotel staff. Their kindness and care for their guests made our stay much better. Graciana SP Brazil

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I traveled to Florence with my mom for her birthday in October 2012, and I wanted to find a hotel that was comfortable but not overpriced. We stayed for 5 nights in a family room that had one double and one twin bed, it was large and very comfortable for the two of us. It was next to reception, but so noise proof that we never heard a sound from there.

The bathroom was a good size, and the shower wasn't too small, which is a plus in Italy. The beds were comfortable and there was no noise at night. The hotel is only one block North of the duomo, so it was walking distance to everything Florence has to offer. It is also very close to the Accademia museum (where Michelangelo's David is) and to the famous San Lorenzo market, which I strongly suggest you check out! The hotel is located on several floors of a beautiful old building, so it is small and intimate, but updated in the Florence style. If you are looking for a large faceless chain hotel, look elsewhere.

The breakfast was a fairly standard Italian breakfast, fresh pastries, fruit, cold boiled eggs, jams, toast, cheese, meats, juice, tea and coffee. It was more than enough and the pastries were very good.

From the beginning of our stay, we found the staff/owners to be very friendly and accommodating. My mother's luggage was missing for most of the trip, and they gave us tips on where to shop for plus size women's clothing, as most Italian clothing is very small. One of the lovely staff actually woke us up early on the day my mom's suitcase arrived, she apologized but said she knew we would be happy to see it, which we were very grateful for. One of the owners is an older gentleman who struggles with English a bit sometimes, but everyone else speaks excellent English. When he couldn't answer a question he went and got his wife to help. The staff and family atmosphere added to our experience in Florence. I have stayed in many hotels in Italy and found this one of the most welcoming, hands down.

Thanks to the owners and staff of Hotel Colomba for making my mother's trip extra special! I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, affordable place to stay in downtown Florence. You will not regret it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family