“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would like to endorse all the fantastic reviews that are on this website and cannot believe any of the bad ones about this hotel. Roseanna and Sabina made our stay in Florence so much more enjoyable through their friendliness, helpfulness and the wonderful breakfasts.( I mustn't forget to mention the lovely cappuccino coffee that they kept on tap for my husband!!!) There was always someone available at the front desk. The rooms and breakfast area are kept very clean. The air conditioning was very efficient and so welcome! The location is excellent, near to all the major attractions and not far from the train station. It is very unusual to find such a little gem in a city that is very expensive! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room at the side of the breakfast area was spacious with a lovely sized bed and was very quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coolcook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

First off beware if you are using the tripadvisor app, they have the address and the phone numbers wrong. It was quite scary for us. The Hotel though is on the second floor to the Davinci museum and it a great location. The owners spoke great english and were super nice. They take pride in their small quaint hotel and you can see that. Breakfast was the best we had in all of Italy. Great cappuccinos! The wifi worked great as did the satellite tv. Our room was big and accommodated our family of four well. The elevator coming up was probably the smallest elevator I have ever seen in my life and was slower than walking up normally- we raced it up every night with our kids. I felt safe and at home. This is much more like a BandB then a hotel. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maltacanadausa
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was actually the best hotel during our 2 weeks trip in Italy. A large triple room with air conditioning (working well), great breakfast with cereals, fresh fruit, fresh bread and a lot of choice every day. We loved the cappuccino and pastries too!!!!

The room was absolutely clean, and every day we had clean towels! There is always someone ready to answer to all questions at any time, informations, suggestions about great restaurants and places to eat! Sabina and Rosanna have great tips for museums and day trips!!

I would certainly recommend Hotel Colomba to all my friends!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Giusy T
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel (I wouldn't even call it a hotel) was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at honestly. I don't know why everyone wrote good reviews about this place. The hotel room was dirty. The pillows and mattresses were rock hard and I asked for an extra pillow and the old guy at the front desk didn't give it to me he pulled out one from the dirty pillow sheet I had on my so called bed. I was staying at Florence for 3 nights but from this hotel I had to leave it was like prison. So I went to Rome one day earlier. Pathetic! Worst hotel ever I definitely wouldn't reccomend
this place!

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Britneyyyx3
colomba, Owner at Hotel Colomba, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am at a loss for words! It is a shame that you did not bother to speak with us, but preferred to slander us, anonymously, I wonder why your family chose to stay here in the first place! The beds are generally considered very comfortable. On the beds we provide 2 pillows, one softer and one a little firmer, one is on the bed and the other is in the decorative cover with white pillow cases, ready to use. Now the pillow case may have been creased, but I do not accept that it was dirty. On your second day, we were asked not to enter the room for the cleaning, so in respect of your privacy we did not.
The reference to a prison, I find extremely offensive. Perhaps a little more effort could have been spent on the choice of words, I guess that it is no longer fashionable to be able to express oneself well. Sometimes it is difficult to reconcile a 'champagne taste on a beer budget' if you make a different choice in life , why accuse/slander someone else?
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just returned from our trip to Italy and our stay at Hotel Colomba was the best. The hotel is located on the second floor of a period building. It felt strange, a little scary but once we walked in the recption all our worries vanished. We were welcomed by a charming lady, Roseanna the owner. We had a quadruple room. The room was spacious by european standards, the beds were very confortable and it had air conditionning. The bathroom is on the smaller side, but it did not bother us since none of us spends hours in it. The continental breakfast is excellent, lot of choice and the best is the fresh coffee , capuccino by the cup. The dining room is also a bar in the evening so you can get drinks. The staff and owners were very attentive to our needs. Will definately stay again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
n ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Again it didn't disappoint. It has a great location, 500 yards from the Doumo. Do not be put off by appearances. The hotel is on the 2nd floor above a museum. Once in the hotel you are treated very well by Roseanne and her staff. The hotel is very clean and breakfasts are excellent. We will return for another wedding anniversary in this beautiful city.

• Stayed June 2013
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. It was very clean and the service was very good. Everyone was really helpful and nice. The facility is modest, but serves your needs assuming your goal is to get out and see the city! There are books left there by other travelers if you need to grab one.

Observing we had purchased a bottle of wine, the cleaning staff left us wine glasses without being asked. They also replaced the towels. The satellite tv was very good...the best we have had during our 1 month trip. We would come back here again!

We had the handicap room which was larger than average (based on me poking my nose in some empty rooms). The shower did spray on the floor, though, so things did get a bit damp in the bathroom. The fan dried it out eventually.

The building lift was small and the doors will crush you if you push the floor button too quickly (sorry honey!), and the grates and the stair are dirty, but that is the issue of 1) Florence and 2) the building landlord.

There are multiple small hotels in the building. As this is a three star hotel it isn't very glamorous, but it is clean and pleasant and well run. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: The handicap room seemed larger than others, with a large bathroom, but the shower did seem to get m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple