“A memorable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #237 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Dublin
“A memorable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for five nights during a very hot spell in Florence. It is located on the fringes of the centre, about fifteen minute walk from the main train station and attractions. The hotel needs some attention - it looks like the basic decoration - paint/wallpapering hasn't happened for a bit too long - this is an easy fix but it didn't bother us unduly. The room was great, spacious with good air con. Best of all free wifi - everywhere. The bed was firm and comfortable. The breakfast was on the basic side but the coffee was gorgeous. Perhaps better bread for toasting other than white would be welcome. Staff very friendly and welcoming. We would definitely come again.

Room Tip: Room at the back.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank solo4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a lovely little hotel in Florence. I stayed here when I visited Florence for a conference at Firenze Fiera, and was within a 15 min walk of the conference. The staff were very friendly and very helpful, and the single room was small, but bigger than I expected and had everything I needed for my stay. It is 20 minutes walk from the station and 30 minute walk from the city attractions, but I would defiantly go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip of Italy for 3 nights and thought it was excellent. The staff were very helpful, on check in we received a free map of Florence. And were told about all of the attractions. The hotel was very clean and maintained and it felt that someone was putting alto of love and effort into running it. The location was great for us, around 5-10min walk to the train station and middle of town. Really can't fault this place at all and can't wait to return. Book the hotel panama and u will not be disappointed

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mJamesy
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I booked this expecting more than what we got based on the star rating from trip advisor and the amount we paid. The hotel is a good 20 minutes walk from the main attractions. We had a room facing the back carpark with a balcony which was nice. We had one big bedroom and a small sitting area that our boys slept in, in a fold out chair. The bed was a very thin, rickety mattress which I would not recommend for an adult to sleep on though our boys seemed to sleep ok. It was very hot but we were told the a/c isn't allowed to be used until June. The breakfast was basic, yoghurt, few slices of meat and cheese and some bread. There were a few broken things in the room that needed fixing and the wallpaper was peeling off the wall in places. This place may have once been lovely but its beauty has definitely faded. I would hope there are better places out there for the money we spent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I am generally not very fussy when it comes to lodging while travelling. But when all of the following happened at the same time and place, I am really compelled to write this negative review:
1. Noisy air conditioner.
2. Noisy environment. Every night I could hear cars driving past the hotel, and inconsiderate guests allowing the door to slam shut. The latter of course was not the hotel's fault, but it also reflects the poor soundproofing and partition of the rooms.
2. Certain area of the room had ants crawling and mosquitoes were present in spite of a repellent.
3. Unstable WiFi.
4. Room and washroom were dimly lit. I couldn't put most of my toiletries on the washroom sink because it was slanted downward and they would fall into the sink. Some parts of the washroom would be flooded after taking a shower even though the shower cubicle was closed. I felt bad for the cleaning lady actually.
5. Breakfast: Toaster was not working, I had to toast the bread twice, and even so, the middle part of the bread was completely soft. And I thought the use of plastic cups was not very environmental friendly.

When I had wanted to inform the hotel staff of my dissatisfaction, before I could even finish item number one above, I was talked down like I was an idiot who did not know how to switch off the air conditioner. Perhaps the young chap had a rough day. The other staffs, however, were very friendly, especially Mr. Eigino Rossi.

So, in short, I was not expecting a Ritz Carlton quality and treatment, but if I do return to Florence, I would opt for another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank yiklim
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed for two nights recently May 2014. This hotel is centrally located and it is on the second floor. You need to use a small elevator to get your luggage up to the reception. We were given a room on the back, which was very quiet but too many mosquito's as we had the window open slightly for air overnight. We were biten alive. The room - well it was clean and the bathroom appeared to have been recently redone and new. Our room size was one of the smallest rooms we have ever seen. It was max. 10'x10' across with a large wardrobe, bar fridge, tv and a small table along the bed. The art work was very tacky looking and the soap dish in the bathroom was a plastic pop/soda bottle cut down to hold the soap? I am telling the truth! There was a shelf above the bar fridge which held the flat screen TV. The shelf legs were used coke cans. We accidently knocked it, and the can crushed sending the tv almost to the floor. We removed the shelf and just placed the TV on top of the bar fridge instead... The chandelier or light fixture over the bed was a prize too, It was made of plastic soda can holders all fuzzed together around a light bulb with plastic pieces hanging? OMG...for this money? mmmm? On other points the buffet was fine for breakfast. We were leaving early for a tour our first morning and the staff gave us a take out bag for breakfast which we appreciated. The hotel is centrally located and easy walking distance to town. The staff was very friendly and for two busy days, this was fine...maybe they will change out the soap dish and light fixture and shelving by then? LOL

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is quieter I believe
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

The bed was very poor. Moldy bed cover & too old blanket. And they never turned on the heating system while the temp went down under 10 degree Celsius at night (on May).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple