“oh my god ..... terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Brown Sugar Lounge Bar
Ranked #973 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Houston, Texas
“oh my god ..... terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I came back after a year in the beautiful city of Florence with my wife and I found myself in front of the restaurant, if you can call it, attracted by the guy at the door who insisted in his own words rather annoying to try their food ..... . disappointment that, do not recommend it at all, bad food and bad service, rude staff, we waited a long time before you have as much time for the wine and eat ...... if I'll be back 'in florence .... definitely will avoid 'to go back ...

2 Thank jonathan j

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had just arrived in Florence and wanted a late lunch. We stumbled across Brown Sugar which looked great, trendy and had a good looking menu. From here on, it went down hill!!

If you like staff having arguments, forgetting your drink order and asking for everything - this is your place! Average all round.

1 Thank Susan D
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs - terrible food and rude staff!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

The Maitre D is rude and dishonest. We were served a child's size portion of dry and crispy lasagne. The next table were given a laminated menu with 'set menu' choices. My choice of food on that menu worked out at exactly half of what I was charged. The Maitre D argued this was a cheaper menu for students due to smaller portion sizes. Any smaller and I'd call it an Hors d'oeuvre!! To spite us he gave us our change as a handful of small coins and then pursued us into the street trying to provoke us. That is not customer service! Don't waste your money and time on this sham of a restaurant, it might look inviting but it fails to deliver.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mi-MiMurrell
“Love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stumbled upon this restaurant as I was headed back to my hotel. I tried it later that night. Amazing food and drink. Angelo is the best. Ask for him!

colorado
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I ate here twice during our recent visit, based on a friend's recommendation. While not a huge menu, everything we had was well prepared and presented. The Antipasta Toscano was great and the pastas and salads are excellent. The fellows who run things are friendly, not pushy, and efficient. The location at Piazza di San Firenze is easy to get to but the restaurant is easy to miss even though it is on a corner.

• Visited May 2013