“Puzzled”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visited this place for the first time in Oct 2012 and loved the food so much that I decided to write a review and gave this restaurant a 5 star!

But, to my astonishment, I was back at this restaurant in February 2013 and the food was awful. I mean really awful. We both ordered pasta dishes and couldn't finish both of our dishes. The pasta came with just noodles and tasteless sauce. Very very disappointed. The menu was also a lot more limited as compared to the first time.

Could it be that this restaurant change its chef?

I really liked the food on my first visit and I really hope that they gain back their quality.

1  Thank Erna M

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This review is long overdue, but has been etched in my mind and memory of our great Italy vacation in the summer of 2012

We had lunch here as a break from shopping. The manager Bessi welcomed us very warmly and made sure we were happy with the food, which was simply delicious by the way. A great restaurant in a great convenient location. Highy recommend it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Brown Sugar is part of the San Firenze Spa and open for food all day however we sampled the their excellent breakfast. All fresh as the morning croissants cappuccino freshly squeezed Orange juice York ham mortadella and local cheese, top drawer!

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Am confused after having just visited Brown Sugar, because they do not do food. I read all the good reviews of this place and the nice food they do but the only thing on offer was booze. If you want dinner, this is not the place to visit. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice place with lovely staff, and i did stay and have 2 beers, but if you're hungry, go to the Chinese restaurant next door, it's pretty good.

3  Thank zacb2753
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visited this restaurant over the summer with 2 kids in tow. The people were lovely, the food was fantastic and the service was stellar. I'd highly recommend if you are looking for something a little more upscale.