“MUST include this in a trip to Floreence!”

Tuscan Wine School in Florence
$158.08*
Half-Day Chianti Tour to 3 Wineries with Wine Tastings and Meal
Ranked #8 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Tuscan Wine School in Florence you can take a short wine Tasting class any day of the week. We offer concise 1 hour and 2 hour wine tastings with 3 or 6 of Italy's best wines. Situated just a few minutes' walk from the Ponte Vecchio, learn about Tuscany's wines, how to taste and what to look for - in a beautiful and fun environment.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Attended the 2 hour tasting class hosted by Maurizio Colia, spectacular! The new facility in Florence is beautiful, modern, and warm. Learned about Tuscan varietals, producers, growing methods, barrel making, classifications, and the properties of wine tasting (and got a great tip on a couple of local restaurants!). Great material to set you up for a tour of Chianti wineries! The tasting left me hungry for even more in-depth knowledge and experience.

There are newer reviews for Tuscan Wine School in Florence

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

An invaluable & fun couple of hours+, learning about Tuscan wines & what makes them so special. This session covers a lot of ground but does so in an easy & relaxing manner. The wines are excellent. We actually tasted 7 wines instead of 6! Our 'tutor' Maurizio was superb. His knowledge & passion for Tuscany's wines made this the highlight of my stay in Florence....oh, & don't miss the excellent Brunello!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I have made many trips to Napa/Sonoma, so when we went to Italy we knew we had to educate ourselves on Italian wines to expand our wine knowledge. The 2 hour wine class at the Tuscan Wine School was fun, yet educational, and overall very enjoyable. I now have a base knowledge of Tuscan wines, the Tuscan region, and the grapes that are used in Tuscan wines. I highly recommend this class for wine lovers wanting to expand their wine knowledge.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was really an unexpected highlight of our trip to Florence. My wife and I took the Tour of Tuscan Wines class, which did not disappoint. The instructor Maurizio was excellent, and has trained extensively across the globe, and it shows. He is passionate about wines and about teaching. The class has multiple components, a didactic component where he shows you some well prepared and informative slides, as well as tasting of 5 or so excellent wines. We tried a Chianti, Vino Nobile, Vernaccia, a Brunello and Vino Santo and an outstanding Carmignano.
I learned more about Italian wines in 2 hours with Maurizio, then I have in 10-15 + years of drinking Italian wines. You even get a little map if the wine regions, to take home with you.

If you really like wine, do yourself a favor and book yourself some time there- you'll be happy you did!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were six friends from a norwegian wineclub (rookies) visiting Florence this September. We stumbled upon the wineschool and even though we had not booked in advance, we were kindly offered a 2 hour course in winetasting, history and production. The rest of our stay in Florence was coloured by the experience at the Tuscan Wineschool.