“Great Experience”

$158.08*
Half-Day Chianti Tour to 3 Wineries with Wine Tastings and Meal
Ranked #8 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Tuscan Wine School in Florence you can take a short wine Tasting class any day of the week. We offer concise 1 hour and 2 hour wine tastings with 3 or 6 of Italy's best wines. Situated just a few minutes' walk from the Ponte Vecchio, learn about Tuscany's wines, how to taste and what to look for - in a beautiful and fun environment.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I attended the two hour wine class in May of 2012. I scheduled this class on my first day in Florence. My boyfriend and I were the only ones in class that day, and despite being tired because I had been up for over 24 hours, I felt like I was in a private class. I learned a lot about Italian wines and the different regions. The class was catered to our knowledge (or lack of), and Maurizio was very patient while we tried to soak in every word that he was saying. I'm glad that we took this class at the beginning of our trip, because we were able to use the knowledge we gained for the rest of our two weeks in Italy! Thanks for the awesome experience!

There are newer reviews for Tuscan Wine School in Florence

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Really enjoyed the 2 hour class introducing Tuscan wines, great first start to Florence. Highly recommend

Reviewed September 16, 2012

A visit to the Tuscany wine school in Florence is defenitely worth you time and money! Good wines and an enthusiastic 'teacher'.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My sister initially attended Maurizio's two hour class with another family member. She enjoyed it so much she insisted that several of us return to also take the class. I'm glad she did! My husband and I have attended many wine tasting tours in Ontario but I have never encountered someone as passionate and enthusiastic about his region's wines as Maurizio. His love of wine and great knowledge of not only his country's wines, but also Ontario's LCBO's selection process and restrictions was phenomenal.

Maurizio is one of those few people who loves his work so much that you can't help but be moved by it. His enthusiasm was quite contagious and he was very generous with his time. We tasted a number of great wines and he was able to convince me that Soave wines can actually be fantastic despite the type of Soave that the LCBO imports.

He is also a vintner himself and we purchased a couple of bottles to take home for special occasions at very reasonable prices. I initially was disappointed that our schedule didn't permit us to go on a tour of wineries but after attending Maurizio's course, I don't regret this at all. I believe I learned much more (and tasted more wines) by attending his class.

This is a fantastic opportunity - don't miss it!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Took the two hour class on Aug 20. Great time and learned a lot about Italian wine. We were glad to have taken this class prior to taking a wine tour out to Panzano later in the week.