“First Class”

Davide Cerasi Leather Boutique
Ranked #4 of 336 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Upscale leather boutique and factory based in the center of Florence. Specialties include leather jackets for both men and women, bags and various clothing items.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited the boutique in Florence and were greeted by the owner - David Cerasi and the smell of quality leather goods. He went out of his way to ensure we found exactly what we were looking for and provided a discounted price. The quality of the leather coats is outstanding. Would highly recommend.

All reviews
"tailoring"
"artisan"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We followed the advice of a number of other reviews. Took our friends here to get their mind off or our lost luggage for three days. Davide and his wife (American) are charming people and will go to great lengths to help you out. The leather there was top notch and I believe to be competitively priced for the quality. We had a lot of fun with them and everyone was thrilled with their purchases. The shop is about a block west of the Ponte Vecchio on the north side of the Arno...well worth a trip if you are in the market for a leather coat.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Davide, what an excellent example of customer service (and patience) you exhibit - you are an absolute asset to the Italian tourist and leather industry!! Thank you for your advice, patience and assistance - I will NEVER buy leather from anyone else, and if I cannot get back to Florence soon enough, - I will shop via your website :-). We were recommended to visit this store by friends, and WOW, I'm so happy that we sought out the directions and found your boutique - just fantastic service! This is a relatively small boutique leather shop, but Davide either has in-store (or downstairs in his factory) the perfect leather jacket, bag or accessory to suit anyone! I tried on numerous jackets and Davide allowed me to have a photo taken wearing the jacket outside his shop (with lovely bridge and river as background) so I could take time out to decide on the "right" beautiful jacket. There was no pressure, just helpful and caring service. I would confidently recommend Davide and his leather boutique to all! Thank you again Davide, I am recommending you to all I speak with who are travelling to Italy.

5  Thank Forddoon
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to this shop based on favorable reviews from trip advisor fellow reviewers! I'm so happy I made the trip to his shop and met him in person.
You can find hundreds of leather shops in Florence. I suppose as soon as you enter the city, you pretty much can smell leather. My philosophy is buying good quality product at reasonable price. I have read and heard many warnings bout cheap knockoff leather jackets and I wouldn't want to come home with a ripped made in China leather that I can buy at home. I had also visited many leather shops before I went to Davide shop for comparison and you can compare the cheap ones tend to be heavier and they are not as soft.
The shop is just near the pontevecchi and the river. As soon as I got in the shop, he welcomed me and my friend with a smile (trust me not all shop owners like seeing tourists). He is very friendly and he gave us the history of how he made the jacket.
I'm 153 cm in height and with Asian background so I know how hard it will be to find the perfect jacket with my size. I often shop by size first then find my style.
He was very patient and he asked questions bout my style, favorite color and recommended a few jackets. I was looking for 3/4 black leather jacket and aftera few look, I found the one!
As with any purchase I took photo of the jacket to think through cos I don't like impulse buying. He wasn't upset at the fact I didn't buy right there and then. He even helped me and my friend taking photos of our favorite jacket so we could think things through over coffee. He is definitely not the high pressure sales man that wants you to buy at every jacket you try. He is also being honest if certain jackets don't look good on you.
2 hours later after drinking coffee and thinking bout that leather jacket, I decided to go back and buy it. He gave me and my girl friend a good deal and I walked out with a beautiful sophisticted black leather jacket and medium orange leather bag.
I would highly recommend his leather jackets cos they are very soft. The design is also very sophisticated and I certainly can't find any like the one I bought.
All my friends have complimented the leather and how beautiful the design and feel of it. I do feel like Bella every time I wear it.
Grazie Davide!!!