Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti
$340
$332
Priceline
1,034 results
All reviewstrain stationpastriesarno rivertea and coffeesingle roomminute walkstayed in this hotel for nightswalking distancetourist sitesnice stayitalian hotelslate at nightthird flooraround the cornergelatofrancescaearplugs
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night.

We stayed for free as we spent our best western rewards points.

We arrived early about lunch time, after a 5 minute walk from the train station. Upon arrival we were told to help ourselves to refreshments whilst they got our room ready. A porter helped us to our room as it was in a strange location, halfway between the second and first floor, down a bit of a fire escape, not on the main corridor. However this was the only room like this in the hotel and all the others seemed fine.

The check in staff offered to reserve tickets to galleries and provided a map with helpful directions and points of interest

The room was bright and big enough and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was modern and ok size. Although a little noisy - but typical of an italian city

Breakfast was the best we experienced in our week long trip to Italy, lots of fresh fruit, great selection of meet and cheese and pastries - however we were still too full from the steaks we ate the previous day at trattoria mario.

We wish we had spent more time in florence and would stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: not the room down the fire escape
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katycrunchie
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear katycrunchie ,

thank you very very much for your nice review, especially for pointing out the helpfulness of our staff.

I'm really pleased that you found our breakfast the best one during your trip in Italy: our country is well-known for being a place where one can eat very well; that's why your opinion let us feel extremely proud.

My warmest regards,

GIanni Andreucci
Best Western Hotel Palzzzo Ognissanti

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and can say it was exactly what we expected.
The price was great and it was the best option for a 4 star around S.M.Novella Station at the moment of reservation.
It is a 5 minute walk from the train station and around 10 to historical center.
On the day we arrived there was a little farmer´s market in front of it. Very good impression!
The room had a good spaceand we got a fron one with balcony, simple and clean, good and more than enough.
The shower could be a little bit bigger, and the towel warmer should have be working... even though as soon as we asked for clean towels they were right there in a few seconds!
Breakfast was very good, with many options. I was in 7 different albergos during my stay in Italy and this hotel had one of the best b.buffet.
I would stay again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would stay facing the front, in a balcony room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatiTorales
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear PatiTorales,

I remember you clearly: you were the nice and pleasant couple from Porto Alegre I spoke with in portuguese at the moment of the check-out ( we also had a little funny talk about brazilian soccer teams..).

After such a nice review I can only thank you so much for the praises reserved to us and for having crowned our breakfast buffet as the best one amongst those of 7 different hotels where you have been staying in Italy: it's an honour for all of us!

Warm regards,

Resident manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at 3 different hotels while we were in Italy. This one was by far the best one. It was close to the train station, clean and the staff was friendly. The room size was good for European standards. The only down side was their water pressure was really low. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lowell T
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Lowell T,

it's nice to know that you have evaluated Best Western Palazzo Ognissanti as the best hotel you've been staying during your trip in Italy.

Thank you for the kind words you spent for us!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The stay was for only two nights, but the hotel itself was a treasure. Front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful as did the young man who had to manage my luggage up to, and down, from the third floor. I often use Best Western and this one was ideally located within walking distance of the train station as I did all my European travel by train and most of the city centre. Room was tastefully decorated with a very well appointed bathroom. Breakfast was plentiful and good selection of items. This hotel would be a definite stay again for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jmcneil31
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear jmcneil31,

I'm very pleased of having received your nice review.

I would like to thank you in the name of all our clerks, whose daily work and dedication makes our hotel greatly appreciated by our clients.

Thank you for the compliments to our breakfast too!

If in the future, if you plan to come back to Florence, we will be glad to have you amongst our guests again.

Warm regards.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was perfect for us and we often use Best Western on our travels.
Big problem with booking my visit to Academy Gallery- I had booked on line thru pocket guide who informed me they would send link by email or fax to hotel. For the next 2days I presented myself to reception who told me nothing had arrived... on the actual day of excursion (also last day in Florence) I was really upset as again on phoning down was told there was no news - meanwhile I had been emailing travel company who put me in touch directly to their agent. On checking my inbox for that morning I found a letter from them informing me they HAD sent link half an hour after making booking 2days previously!!
I naturally was extremely angry when I spoke to the very red-faced receptionist who on checking again found it straight away - but blaming colleagues of course. I have run reception in hotels in London & Amsterdam and know fine well that they should be working as a team. This unfortunate incident really did spoil my stay which is a shame as in every other aspect it was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Caminix
Palazzo_Ognissanti, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Ognissanti, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Caminix,

first of all I would like to thank you for the review.

A circumstance like the one you report is very unusual in our hotel since all of our frront desk clerks are very careful and take in great consideration our guests' needs: anyway it's clear we've made an error and therefore I strongly apologize to you for the inconvenience happened due to our mistake.

I'm glad that at the end you were able to make your excusrsion anyway.

Best regards,