“Perfecto!”
Review of Hotel Spagna

Hotel Spagna
Ranked #353 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very good hotel, nice personnel, excellent location and good price! I`ve been staying at this hotel for 7 nights, every day was perfect cleaning! I recommend this hotel for everybody! Breakfast is all the same all the days but still it is good the stuff is very polite. If you need any tourist info, you can ask at the desk for it. I enjoyed every day staying over there!! Thank you very much! Your Russian tourist.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EugeniaMisochenko

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Hotel Spagna is a short walk from the train station and close to major attractions, in fact I could walk to most. The staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is pretty good as far as continental breakfasts go (better than those I encountered in London, Paris & the US anyway). The room I was allocated was small. I am getting fairly used to that in Europe! The room was clean with a very small bathroom. The single bed was terribly uncomfortable and I was only given one flat pillow. I asked for another, but that was not much better even though I used the two. I ended up blowing up my travel pillow for comfort with a pillow on top of that.There was no mirror in the room except for the bathroom. The free WiFi connection was good. If you are looking for a budget hotel - it is okay, Would I stay here again? Probably not. It would be worth looking around and/or paying a bit extra for an upgrade- even though I was out a lot.

Room Tip: If you are traveling solo and comfort and space are important, an upgrade would be preferable. It i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

It takes a lot to rattle my feathers but this place certainly did that.I checked in and the young lady was very plesant.I was on the 3rd floor,after going up 6 flights of steep stairs,no lift by the way,i got to my flooded room from the broken aircon,went back down,got told the hotel was full,but they managed to find me another room on the 2nd floor,so went upto the 3rd floor again to get my stuff,bk to the 2nd floor,that room the aircon wasnt working at all,so back down,and then back to the original room,bathrrom was very clean however,shower needed fixing as it was a dribble and not a spray like most showers,bit of descaling i think,bedroom was advertised as having a phone,no phone.I forgot to hand back the key of the 2nd floor room and the older lady in the morning was a real cruella.Location was very good close to the station,however i would not want to stay in this hostel place again.

Room Tip: just dont stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank neilrastley
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This B&B is very close to the train station. We walked there. It is very well located...very close to Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, etc. Room was small, bathroom very small. The a/c just coudnt seem to cool the room. It was 100F outside and our room was awfully warm. Made sleeping uncomfortable. We inquired at the desk but was told that was the best it could do. Any other time, except the worst heat of summer, it would proabably be fine. Breakfast not included, but was only E 5 pp. included coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, ham, cheese rolls etc.

Room Tip: I don't know if it was just our room that was hard to cool, but beware in the full heat of summe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pato9779
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is it's location. It is 5 min walking distance from the station. Other points of attraction are also close but the servise of the hotel is really bad. We were on our trip to Florence end of June 2012 (summer). When we checked in we were given a room in the roof floor. It was soooo hot. The AC was working but it was not getting cooler, so the machine was not working. We informed this at the front desk and asked if we could get a fan, since we were worried about that night's sleep. We somehow managed the 1st night could not sleep properly. The second day we complained at the front desk and asked is we could be shifted to aother room. They did accomodate the request, but the AC in the room was not cooling the temp enough. We just survived in this hotel for 2 more nights and were wishing for our check out day. They really need to repair their AC machines. This is a major concern when you are accepting visitors to your hotel during the summer months. Aslo the hotel does not have elevators. They would say the room is on the 3rd floor but when you are climbing the stairs it is basically not 3rd floor, you are actually going to 5th floor. The floor numbering is just useless. Also they do not serve free breakfast which is pretty standard. Yo can pay and eat at breakfast time in the hotel. We did not try it so do not know about the food. We would not recommend people to stay at this hotel. There are some better places close by...choose those.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was very happy with my stay here,great location and value for money, the staff were friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is great for its location. It is located close to the train station and the main sights, you can reach Duomo by feet in 5 minutes. Staff was very friendly and I also liked the breakfast which consisted of fresh croissants and bread, cereals, yoghurt, ham and cheese, juice etc. Typical breakfast for a 2 star hotel in Italy. However, the rooms were not that nice. Bathroom was restructured but it was VERY small! In the room, there was a bad lightning and poor decoration, just plain white walls. In addition to this, at the hotel reception you could smell mould. No elevator! So, be prepared to carry your luggage in the rambling corridors of the hotel. Considering the location and the price we paid, I'm giving this place an average rating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family